MAC Dress Code questions

Stephie Baby

Re: question about mac's dress code

Its gotta be all black. I think you can get away with wearing silver accessories. I think your shoes have to be all black as well.

KikiB

From what I see and hear, it is all black, however some outfits that the girls wear have touches of clear crystals on it. That would translate to the shoes as well.

peachstock

i walked past the mac counter the other day and the girl had a black top with a yellow stripe on it! it was cute, though.

Stephie Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstock
i walked past the mac counter the other day and the girl had a black top with a yellow stripe on it! it was cute, though.

That was probably a MAC shirt. They have given out Barbie shirts, Fafi shirts and probably tons more. They also have a few Everyday is World AIDS Day shirts as well.

shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby
Its gotta be all black. I think you can get away with wearing silver accessories. I think your shoes have to be all black as well.

we can wear any shoes we like as long as they are closed toe (that ones a selfridges rule though) but any colour are fine, i had leopard print on today
thmbup.gif

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty
we can wear any shoes we like as long as they are closed toe (that ones a selfridges rule though) but any colour are fine, i had leopard print on today
thmbup.gif

Are you in the US? Here we have to wear black shoes. They can have wood, a natural (rafia etc) sole or a silver or gold sole. No white stitching even on the shoes. We can wear open-toe though. No sneakers of any sort.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie Baby

I believe it depends on region. In mine we can wear white camis. Everything else must be black. No flats, must be black and can be open-toed. If open-toed, your toes must be manicured and wearing MAC nail polish.

baybehbekah

actually i have this pin stripped shirt that i wear and they don't say anything at all. i think if the white is just an accent they don't mind. we have to wear all black shoes though, any style just all black.
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
I believe it depends on region. In mine we can wear white camis. Everything else must be black. No flats, must be black and can be open-toed. If open-toed, your toes must be manicured and wearing MAC nail polish.

I am SOOOO glad that we can wear flats. Considering the floor we have to stand on, I think that would be cruel and unusual punishment.
tong.gif

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I am SOOOO glad that we can wear flats. Considering the floor we have to stand on, I think that would be cruel and unusual punishment.
tong.gif

I am so jealous of you guys! We can wear kitten heals, but it's torture to stand for so long in heals.

I'll look at my paperwork for dress code.

Bernadette

In my region we can wear flats (thank god, I think saying no to that is a bit extreme!) and if our toes show they must be manicured with a MAC polish. Absolutely NO WHITE, none, nada, zip. Not on a button on your clothes, not even on stitiching on your shoes. I even had these little kitten heels that had open backs, the insole was hot pink and when I walked you could see a flash of pink. Couldn't wear em.
I would think they would just come up with a universal dress code and stick to it
th_dunno.gif

funkychik02

Thank you so much ladies. You guys have been a big help. It's weird how there isn't an universal dress code.

miss_supra

Sorry everyone,

I took it down because since I am a permanent employee I don't think I can share this information.

If you have questions PM me and I'll answer them for you.

shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Are you in the US? Here we have to wear black shoes. They can have wood, a natural (rafia etc) sole or a silver or gold sole. No white stitching even on the shoes. We can wear open-toe though. No sneakers of any sort.

Im in the UK... I'll hunt out my contract thing this week and have a read what it says about shoes... I would kill to wear open toes we have a HUGE glass fronted shop that acts like a greenhouse and full toe shoes are just painful in the heat
ssad.gif

CaseyKezerian

Quote:

Can they make you wear high heels? I'm 5'10 and prefer not to wear high heels, I would not be very happy if they made me wear heels.

erine1881

Quote:
Here's word for word in my paperwork

*All M.A.C Staff are required to wear 100% professional black.
*A white shirt may be worn with a buttoned-up jacket or cardigan/sweater.
*Black clothing must be clean, not fade, pulling or torn (cotton is not recommended due to fading).
*Materials with Lycra of some stretch are ideal (more durable and color fast).
*Translucent or sheer clothing must be tasteful and worn over/under solid black clothing.
*Clothes must be tastefully fashionable and appropriately fit.
*No brand logos permitted.
*Pinstripes and stitching detail need to be minimal.
*Scarves must be black, but ties may have some color.
*A M.A.C pin, chain must always be worn.
*Jewelery and accessories such as belts must be black fashionable and appropriate.
*Shoes must be professional , black and not scuffed. Tennis shoes, flip flops, "nursing shoes" or slippers are not permitted.
*Hosiery is optional, but if worn must be black or neutral. Socks also be black.
*athletic wear such as fleece, or yoga pants and "hoodies" are not permitted.
*M.A.C theme/even shirts such as Viva Glam should only be worn on theme days as a group and not individually.
*Hair accessories and black hats may be worn at the counter so long as it does not obscure or shadow the face.
*Baseball caps are not permitted.
Hair must be neat, clean, well groomed, styled and should reflect the current trends in the industry.
*There is no restriction with hair color.
*A full well executed make-up must be worn to work at the start of shift. (For example, foundation 3 eye shadows, mascara, blush, three lip products are required (lipstick, liner, lip gloss).
*Employees may be required to wear applicable "look" associated with a new product launch. The requirement of wearing such look shall be determined by "your market" for the product(s) being launched and the current industry trends, and may be changed at discretion of M.A.C at any time.
*Personal hygiene needs to be regularly monitored bt the individual. Nails should be manicured and toes should have a pedicure when open toes are worn. M.A.C nail polish must be worn.
*Deodorant or other personal alternative to odor prevention must be qorn at all times.
I*t is preferable for fragrance to be worn. If worn, the fragrance must be a M.A.C fragrance.
*Fresh breath is mandatory. If you smoke, please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands prior to returning to te counter and serving customers. Breath mints are required ater smoking.
*Absolutely no gum - small mints are acceptable.
*Cell phones, pagers etc. should be turned off and kept with personal belongings and are not permitted to work on the counter or in your brush belts. Emergency calls can be accepted at the counter.

M.A.C is admired for respecting and embracing individuality. However, it is important to remember that while at work you are expected to look, act and service our customers in the most professional manner possible.

mine from two years ago says almost all that. we can wear any kind of shoes except for ballet flats (flats have to maintain their shape if you take em off) and tennis shoes. and they can have subtle white stitching. the sole can be any color. everything must be black except for we can wear a white shirt underneath a black shirt, but the only white that can show is the neckline, cuff, or bottom hem. the only colored jewelry allowed is colored gemstones on silver/gold metal.

VioletB

Quote:
*Deodorant or other personal alternative to odor prevention must be qorn at all times.

*Fresh breath is mandatory. If you smoke, please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands prior to returning to te counter and serving customers. Breath mints are required ater smoking.

THIS IS SO AWESOME!! That is my favorite part! I've had some stinky coworkers in the past and its so cool that's in the MAC dress code!!

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
mine from two years ago says almost all that. we can wear any kind of shoes except for ballet flats (flats have to maintain their shape if you take em off) and tennis shoes. and they can have subtle white stitching. the sole can be any color. everything must be black except for we can wear a white shirt underneath a black shirt, but the only white that can show is the neckline, cuff, or bottom hem. the only colored jewelry allowed is colored gemstones on silver/gold metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyKezerian
Can they make you wear high heels? I'm 5'10 and prefer not to wear high heels, I would not be very happy if they made me wear heels.

I know it's not in my paperwork, but I was verbally warned by a manager that we can't wear flats.