MAC Dress Code questions

Ruby_Woo

Re: MAC Uniform question

Oh yeah, flat as long as they are fashionable. It depends on the manager, because I've seen people wear shoes like that ,but in other locations they have said no, because its not cute or trendy.

But Vans are not acceptable.

smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktinagapay
by slip ons i didnt think of vans at all i was thinking more like
WomensShoes-GeoxGeoxWomensStefanySlipOnBlackPatentLeather_large_image1_16025.gif
those are okay right? Ive seen plenty of artists wearing those

Makeupaddict88

Yea, I was thinking of the same thing. I don't want to bombard your thread or anything but I am in the middle of going to make up school soon and today I visited MAC to get an eyeshadow and talked to the guy working there for 2 seconds. He told me that once I get certified to become a freelance artist for MAC. He gave me a application and told me to fill it out and bring it to the actual MAC store at one of the malls in my state. He said they do all the hiring. Now what exactly does this all mean? They just call me on an as needed basis? How do I know which MAC they want me at? How do I get paid and all that such stuff? Somebody can PM me if they would like, but I would really like to know since I kinda want to make a mini career out of this make up situation I have haha.

BEA2LS

i have a question, i do not work for mac (oh how i wish!) but i know one counter where the girls said they have to wear heels. is that true? i do not see how i could wear heels all day due to feet problems i had my whole life (believe me it is a bummer to because i love heels! but i can only wear them for maybe a half hour, tops). like even kitten heels bother me as do complete flats. as i said, it was like this my whole life, probably because i broke parts of both of my feet when i was young - ugh long story i dropped a vacuum cleaner on my foot when i was about ten years old) wouldn't this be considered a medical issue? this was something i was always curious about but felt stupid asking lol.

BEA2LS

thanks i know it was a stupid question
winks.gif

I am pretty tall anyway so i guess i would be good.. not that i think i would ever be able to work for mac
ssad.gif

Celly

I wear flats everyday to work. The other girls at my counter wear flats also but not as often as I do. They usually wear heels in the begining of their shifts and have a change of flats to change into once their feet start hurting.

statusmode

So we are required to wear MAC nail polish??? I personally never wear colored nail polish, I usually get a manicure with a soft pink or beige polish.. very light and clean. Sometimes I get acrylic nails with the white tips.. will this have to change once I start freelancing?

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by statusmode
So we are required to wear MAC nail polish??? I personally never wear colored nail polish, I usually get a manicure with a soft pink or beige polish.. very light and clean. Sometimes I get acrylic nails with the white tips.. will this have to change once I start freelancing?

Honestly, if you are freelancing for one shift and you are not wearing mac nail polish, I wouldn't get on your case about it, unless it's really loud or bright. Perm position people must wear a mac nail polish or if wearing acrylic nails they can be solid black tips OR white tips. You can take a mac glitter to your nail tech and they can mix the glitter in the acrylic so technically you have a mac nail.
smiles.gif

Oh yeah, I'm an ARM.
smiles.gif

statusmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Honestly, if you are freelancing for one shift and you are not wearing mac nail polish, I wouldn't get on your case about it, unless it's really loud or bright. Perm position people must wear a mac nail polish or if wearing acrylic nails they can be solid black tips OR white tips. You can take a mac glitter to your nail tech and they can mix the glitter in the acrylic so technically you have a mac nail.
smiles.gif

Oh yeah, I'm an ARM.
smiles.gif

Thank you so much for responding! I love the glitter idea! 3d silver glitter on the tips will look awesome!
yes.gif

I swear I love specktra! Super informative. I have an interview with MAC coming up and the info from this forum helped A LOT!

ladynomoregaga

Oooh I'm glad the nail stuff was mentioned here I was wondering the same thing. I think I'm going to go for acrylics because honestly, it'll be a lot easier to maintain...

I start in two weeks! AH!

L1LMAMAJ

so I wouldn't even be able to wear silver or gold jewelry? it has to be black? i've seen artists wear silver or gold jewelry before. does it just depend on the location and how strict they are there?

starrynight0127

Jewelry can be any natural metal color (silver, gold, black) and you can also wear natural wooden jewelry.

rafaaa

I wear non-MAC jewelry all the time. As long as its not representing another brand [aka no logos] it's all good.
my boss says, and I love this, if you look in the mirror and even second guess any element of your outfit, change it. As a MAC artist you're being looked at by your customers as a representative of not only makeup trends, but fashion trends holistically.

colt0410

yeah rafaaa is absolutly right about the jewelry, thats how it is here. And back to the shoes thing, I know its super late, but I think if its health related then there might be an expection. Idk about other districts, but seriously I'm five months pregnant, and no way in hell am I gonna be wearing sky high heels all day on the floor. Maybe it depends where you live, but in our district, our managers know cause they've all had kids and worked at the same time, and I know some doctors even say its not safe to be wearing high heels all day especially when your feet get swollen

nursee81

Re: question about mac's dress code

hey guys I was just offered a freelance position, what are some basic clothing items to get to start. I don't want to go to crazy buying b/c I am not sure how many hours I'll be getting.

Nepenthe

^ Comfortable shoes or boots are key IMO. I usually alternate between skinny jeans (black cloth/stitching etc) and dress pants.. and I tend to layer the tops. Tanks, sweaters, tunics, cardigans etc. If you have black pieces in your wardrobe, you probably won't need to buy much.

Actually, I tend to switch up my accessories more than anything and Forever 21 is awesome for that.

LC

we weren't allowed to wear black jeans in my store...buy a cute black dress, or a black tunic with black leggings or fishnets. We also weren't allowed to wear flats unless they were very fashionable, so just to be safe, find yourself some comfy heels until you're given the OK on wearing flats. Shirts with a few rhinestones are ok. My favorite thing to wear was a see through black shirt with a black bra...OW! my manager actually encouraged it...lol

prettysecrets

i recommend items that are nylon/lycra/spandex. all my black cotton items look horrible after a while. im going to have to start hand washing all my black clothes!!!

Latest posts