MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

pemily

Wtf??? Is this THE list..... R they kidding?!?!?!!!?!? This was like the opportunity of a freakin lifetime and they killed it... Seriously I could of created a better list! I hope there is another round msfs and blushes!!!!

OctoberViolet

girlhaha.gif
iagree.gif
with everything you say below pemily.

I hope there is another round msfs and blushes!!!!

Mac-Guy

Cheek products would have been nice, but I don't really miss the MSF's. With all the new MSF in a better formula, I don't really need any old ones to come back.

Anitacska

You NEED Pleasureflush, believe me! It actually has a wonderful texture, not at all gritty like Northern Light and the likes. I really hope Mac brings it back one day, it is such a pretty highlighter! I own 3 of them, but would buy 3 more at least. ;)

Cheek products would have been nice, but I don't really miss the MSF's. With all the new MSF in a better formula, I don't really need any old ones to come back.

Mac-Guy

I've got all the MSF from the past, but I still prefer the newer, post-2010 versions. Technology has improved so much, which is reflected both in texture and finish. I love the dewey finishes of the new mineralize products, which is also oh-so-trendy right now.

paparazziboy

you guys have to remember when it comes to making products im sure most of the things you all wanted were considered trust me they ask us all the time what things we would like to see come back or for them to develop. you have to take into account ingredients maybe they are not available any more so those colors can't be made. there are many different factors a hand when something like this happen. products, ingredients, creating visual displayers. photos shoots the list goes on and on. think about it would you pay $500,000 to make you colors at the end of the day mac is a business and has to spend lots of money to even get back even half of what the collection will bring back to the company even if not all the money from products goes back to mac if its a store 50% goes back to the company and if its a partner location 1 third goes back to the company so there are many factors at play when it come to things to create thing something there is not money in the budget to create everything we want.

romi79_2008

Well, better to make a thing in demand that will sell out rather than ignore the demand, do something else that won`t sell that good. I still think the only one loosing is Mac! If a thing sells out MAC can not loose money no matter how much it did cost. But if u do things half way and have 50$ sells i think the profit will be lesser

romi79_2008

~ cause i`m fairly sure that if they would have repromoted pleasureflash or stereo rose or metal rock , these babies would be sold out in a couple of hours!

Mac-Guy

~ cause i`m fairly sure that if they would have repromoted pleasureflash or stereo rose or metal rock , these babies would be sold out in a couple of hours!

For sure. Especially Metal Rock!

I still think that all items of this collection will sell well considering that people voted for them. And it is a small collection, so the budget is not going overboard unless one BU's like crazy.

Mac-Guy

I was just browsing through the long list of items on the Pro board that people want to have back and it does not really match up with the items on the BR collection. Mmmhhh...

It's still a nice idea to think that consumer have a little bit of say in what comes out.

Anitacska

I don't know how good that dupe is, but there's also a Laura Geller one that's pretty good (it's the highlighter side of the blush n brighten Boysenberry/Amaretti), I've reviewed it once on my blog. It's not that easy to come by, and it's not very cheap eaither, but I have seen it on eBay.

I would like to try Pleasureflush, but for now i'm fine with my Terra Del Sol nr. 7 dupe.

Edelmc

Oohhh I'd add perfect topping to the list. I think if they repromoted some of the older colours with the newer msf formulation/technology it would be amazing!

mac_aiken

I have alot of what is on the list but I would love to see Rocker come back. It is my favorite MAC lipstick and I am just about out of back ups. Also I would like to see CoC and Icescape lipglosses come back.

Mac-Guy

At 50%, the chances are actually not too bad that each of use will at least see a couple of products that we voted for to get our favorites - given the choices - back.

Latest posts