MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

Mac-Guy

What do you think about mac stock for an online item? is this sum good or not?
​"On Nov. 26, 2010, MAC introduced Ms. Minaj's Pink Friday lipstick, selling all 3,000 in stock in 15 minutes, in addition to an eye-popping 27,000 in the next three weeks. The company spent little on advertising, Mr. Demsey said, with sales driven mostly by Ms. Minaj's voluminous postings to fans via Twitter and Facebook. Indeed, 8 of 10 buyers were new to the MAC Web site."

I don't expect a huge stock. Some serious stalking will be necessary to score.

Shadowy Lady

Does anyone have Heavenly Bliss or Jete? Would love to see these e/s swatches! Thanks! :)

I have swatched the e/s that I have from the choices we have to vote on. I have Solar White, Moth Brown and Cool Heat:
I really dislike Cool Heat. Definitely not my favorite teal to work with.

I have the exact 3 that you have...and I also hate Cool Heat with passion. I think, in my collection, it may actually be my least fave MAC e/s in terms of pigmentation and how chalky it is.

Eleentje

What do you think about mac stock for an online item? is this sum good or not?
​"On Nov. 26, 2010, MAC introduced Ms. Minaj's Pink Friday lipstick, selling all 3,000 in stock in 15 minutes, in addition to an eye-popping 27,000 in the next three weeks. The company spent little on advertising, Mr. Demsey said, with sales driven mostly by Ms. Minaj's voluminous postings to fans via Twitter and Facebook. Indeed, 8 of 10 buyers were new to the MAC Web site."
EEP! That's a lot of lipsticks for a US-only release as well.

I finally got a chance to look up the swatches of the products, and I'd vote for the following items:

Lipstick:
-Rocker and Moxie, if it is not too similar to Quick Sizzle
Lipglass:
I don't really care for lipglass, because i rarely wear it, but if I had to choose, it'd be either COC or Flash of Flesh
Eyeshadow:
Guacamole is an awesome vibrant green
Heavenly Bliss

If anyone is curious what Heavenly Bliss looks like and cannot find a swatch (like I did), you can check it out in this video tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDi0B6vxYI (0:59 and later she applies it).

sss215

Quote:Originally Posted by katred

That's what I thought. There are certainly products I've seen mentioned a lot more even within the three categories they chose. (Queen's Sin anyone?)

I'm annoyed a bit by CYY as well, because even though lots of people want it, there are plenty of fairly close shades and it just doesn't seem that special including things we've just seen for this collection. I was even more surprised to see Emancipation on there. I hadn't really heard too many rave reviews and I didn't think that most of the WW collection even sold that well. I think there are some older items they could have brought back. I am happy to see that there are some old classics, though. 

I would be surprised if those three didn't make it. My guess is that MB is a lock. 

Personally, I would love to see what they do with Rocker. It was a "velvet" format lipstick, I believe it was called. It was like a matte base with sparkles in it- a bit grittier than a frost. Interesting effect, although not the most forgiving. I had a deep purple one that I used to wear a lot. I'm guessing that if they bring Rocker back (and I really hope they do), they'll have updated the formula as well. 

Laughed when I saw Eden Rocks, because although it debuted in 2001, it was part of the permanent line forever and it only got discontinued within the last year or two up here... It's like they have overstock on their hands. 

There is a photo of Rocker in MAC's twitter feed. It looks hot! I don't seen any glitter so hopefully the formula has changed a bit. I forgot all about Emancipation, it wasn't memorable, neither was Icescape from Love Lace. The whole Love Lace collection was not all that! I don't remember any real gems from that one. Cool Heat was at the CCO for months maybe even a year before I hauled it. Seems like we are voting on a mix of duds and cult classics... Time will tell what prevails. Hopefully the good ones will make it back during the voting process... Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if they all came back. The amount of colors in the running are about the same amount in a regular MAC collection. Real talk, I am waiting for a favorite quad re release. That would be one hell of a collection.

Eleentje

Real talk, I am waiting for a favorite quad re release. That would be one hell of a collection.
Do you mean this one?

Mac say it's L-R: CYY, Moxie, Rocker, Shitaki, Eden Rocks and 3N.

The pictures of the other items will be also be shown to us this weekend, apparently :) Thanks for the heads up, sss215.

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
Oh Richelle!!! I already have CYY. I'd like to try Moxie or Rocker. They all look very beautiful though. Shame there is no repromotes of some purple lippies, right purple sister?
flower.gif

I'm not sure what to pick!

CYY, Moxie, Rocker, Shitaki, Eden Rock, 3N

Richelle83

Amen! I was really hoping some kind of purple would show up. Guess Inglot will be getting my money until MAC comes out with one. Rocker would be my choice(I think) because the reviews people said it's matte with glitter. To me it looks like a lighter version of Diva. Would love to see a swatch of Moxie next to Quick Sizzle!

xasperadastra

Amen! I was really hoping some kind of purple would show up. Guess Inglot will be getting my money until MAC comes out with one. Rocker would be my choice(I think) because the reviews people said it's matte with glitter. To me it looks like a lighter version of Diva. Would love to see a swatch of Moxie next to Quick Sizzle!

me too!! I'd also like to see good swatches of Moxie itself... It seems there are no images on the net!

Shellcat

Thanks for the link to the video with Heavenly Bliss. If anyone has it, is it like Satin Taupe? For some reason that is what it reminds me of.

I want Guacamole, Jete and maybe Heavenly Bliss in the running for e/s. I hope those 3 will get in, but I am sure Moth Brown will be one of the 3 picked. I personally reach for Too Faced Label Whore over Moth Brown more often. Urban Decay Lounge is also great, but Label Whore is my favorite duochrome brown.

I don't know at the moment which lipglasses I want, but I KNOW I want the Shitaki lippie!
eyelove.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Can we only vote for one colour in each category, or three of each? I hope it's not just one, because I don't know which one to pick.
ohboy.gif