MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

bis

I had the same problem with the one I got, which was the blue one from Tartan Tale. It was the worst beauty product I ever bought. It had the weirdest texture, so gritty and rough, my lids swole up, and it was a pain to remove it. And what was more weird, I think mine went bad after only a couple of weeks, and I only used it once or twice. When I wanted to give it another try after some weeks, it was completely dry and hard, it was impossible to apply to the skin. I always make sure that I close all my beauty products properly, and it was stored in a cool and dry place. I don't know if somehting was wrong with it from the start, but I know for sure that I won't buy any of these again. 
Definitely sounds like something was wrong with it from the start, all my PL are still very soft. The only thing I sometimes have is that I sometimes have glitter fall-out if I wear them on my lower lid.

Anneri

So happy about it! I LOVE them! Best eyliner for me. YAY! This is VERY good news!!!
I think I bought nearly all colors with Art Supply and Tartan Tale.

GlamQueen21

Pearlglides becoming permanent?! YAY!!!! I have Undercurrent, Designer Purple, and Black Swan! They are awesome and I need to backup Black Swan ASAP! Also I have two backups of Undercurrent lol

MACina

Naynadine....I am so sorry to hear that!
That sounds horrible
ssad.gif

Fortunatly I have never had any problems with the Pearlglides.They are my fav eye pencils
heart.gif

I had the same problem with the one I got, which was the blue one from Tartan Tale. It was the worst beauty product I ever bought. It had the weirdest texture, so gritty and rough, my lids swole up, and it was a pain to remove it. And what was more weird, I think mine went bad after only a couple of weeks, and I only used it once or twice. When I wanted to give it another try after some weeks, it was completely dry and hard, it was impossible to apply to the skin. I always make sure that I close all my beauty products properly, and it was stored in a cool and dry place. I don't know if somehting was wrong with it from the start, but I know for sure that I won't buy any of these again.

LMD84

oh man that sounds aweful! :( sorry that happened to you :(

Anitacska

I've found a seller on eBay who is selling some sample products from the upcoming Chenman collection as well as mineralize concealers. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/amoslim9992010/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2654 I like the mineralize eyeshadow duos, although one reminds me of Odd Couple and the other of Pink Split, but we'll see what they look like when we have proper pictures.

liba

I've found a seller on eBay who is selling some sample products from the upcoming Chenman collection as well as mineralize concealers. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/amoslim9992010/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2654 I like the mineralize eyeshadow duos, although one reminds me of Odd Couple and the other of Pink Split, but we'll see what they look like when we have proper pictures.

Oh my heavens! Those are gorgeous. The lipstick and gloss are so pretty too.....and Play It Proper Beauty Powder is back! I like the design on the box too, although I seriously don't like to keep special packaging boxes if they're not necessary.

PixieDancer

OOOooo that Pink Union looks like a must have for me! Lovely! That was a cool little sneak-peak! Thanks!

As for Pearlglides, I never got any of these before and am super excited to try one or two. But I'm still searching for a great waterline-safe liner. All the Holy Grail ones for everyone else don't seem to work so great on me (UD 24/7, MUFE). My eyes get so watery there it's a pain.

liba

As for Pearlglides, I never got any of these before and am super excited to try one or two. But I'm still searching for a great waterline-safe liner. All the Holy Grail ones for everyone else don't seem to work so great on me (UD 24/7, MUFE). My eyes get so watery there it's a pain.
Did you ever use the MAC Greasepaint Sticks?

I've got watery eyes galore and those are the most lasting for my waterline by far. The only small drawback is they're chunky, so it's easy to get some on the lashes if you're lining the water line and any extra left there will smudge - a quick cleanup with a q-tip takes care of that if I've been sloppy that day. I am counting the days until those get repromoted - I'm sure it'll happen eventually - I gave a couple of my backups to my niece, who deserved a nice present, so now I'm getting low on a couple. Dirty, Below Ground and Slick Black are my favorites, followed by the DSquared B (blue) and V (purple) and Greengrease. Nothing works better, although Feline, which used to smudge relentlessly on me has been behaving a bit better in my waterline the past year or so, but not as well as the GPS!

LMD84

thanks for sharing the link sweetie!

liba

I'm super super excited for the mineralize concealers!!
yahoo.gif
My MA was very revved up about these - said they had good coverage and were gentle on the skin. He liked the other mineralize skin care products coming up too. I'm always hunting for a decent eye cream and cream cleanser, so who knows!

PixieDancer

Nope. Never tried those either. But now I will watch out for them! Thanks for the rec! I'm willing to try anythng at this point!
Feline smudges and moves around on me horribly! I didn't get the new one when it came out though, is it better now?

Did you ever use the MAC Greasepaint Sticks?
I've got watery eyes galore and those are the most lasting for my waterline by far. The only small drawback is they're chunky, so it's easy to get some on the lashes if you're lining the water line and any extra left there will smudge - a quick cleanup with a q-tip takes care of that if I've been sloppy that day. I am counting the days until those get repromoted - I'm sure it'll happen eventually - I gave a couple of my backups to my niece, who deserved a nice present, so now I'm getting low on a couple. Dirty, Below Ground and Slick Black are my favorites, followed by the DSquared B (blue) and V (purple) and Greengrease. Nothing works better, although Feline, which used to smudge relentlessly on me has been behaving a bit better in my waterline the past year or so, but not as well as the GPS!

PinkBasset

My MA was very revved up about these - said they had good coverage and were gentle on the skin. He liked the other mineralize skin care products coming up too. I'm always hunting for a decent eye cream and cream cleanser, so who knows!
If it's anything like the moisturecover concealer, I will love it. I also love the mineralize all over lotion, so I'm interested to see these new comers. :)

liba

I didn't get the most recent batch either - mine are from the last batch before this one. I think it's mostly my eyes and Ph balance have changed over the years - it depends on the time of the month a little bit too. The GPS are more reliable for me overall, even if Feline is beautiful.

PixieDancer

Yeah, but I still struggled with it. I have super sensitive eyes AND wear contacts... So all that smearing and putting powder on top... then it's in my eyes... It's a mess. I really don't want to have to go through so much trouble to get a pencil (that claims to be waterproof even) to stay on my waterline! I'm sure a product will come out that works for me. Until then, I'm fine just smudging on my lower lashline...
Thanks for the tip anyways hun! I'm still on a search.

Did you try setting it with a powder? If you do, it will last.

Latest posts