MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

liba

I know what you're saying! If I don't have to do extra steps to look great all day, I'm all for it! Keep an eye out for the GPS - you'll like them.

If you already have a Feline sitting around at home, though, one thing that helps for me is being careful to apply it only to the lower waterline and make sure not to blink or shut my eye for as long as I can manage so it can set up a teeny bit before the waterworks get started. If I want to line the upper waterline too, I need to do it fast and not get any on my lashes and then sort of sit unblinking for a bit - it's not fool-proof, but then again, nothing is with Feline......sometimes it's worth it, though and it's always good if you want a smudged, sexy punk look.

bis

I've found a seller on eBay who is selling some sample products from the upcoming Chenman collection as well as mineralize concealers. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/amoslim99...rs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2654 I like the mineralize eyeshadow duos, although one reminds me of Odd Couple and the other of Pink Split, but we'll see what they look like when we have proper pictures.
Thanks for the link, although I am more excited for the Mineralize concealer than any of the MES ;)
If it's anything like the moisturecover concealer, I will love it. I also love the mineralize all over lotion, so I'm interested to see these new comers. :)
If they had my shade, I'd get it right away. I hope it works even better than MC for dry skin. My MC NW15 is nearly full.
Yeah, but I still struggled with it.  I have super sensitive eyes AND wear contacts... So all that smearing and putting powder on top... then it's in my eyes...  It's a mess.  I really don't want to have to go through so much trouble to get a pencil (that claims to be waterproof even) to stay on my waterline!  I'm sure a product will come out that works for me.  Until then, I'm fine just smudging on my lower lashline... Thanks for the tip anyways hun!  I'm still on a search.
Have you tried UD Perversion? It's still very creamy, but less slippery than Feline. And EL came out with the Pure Color Intense Kajals that are amazing!

MACina

I have high hopes for every new concealer coming out because I am still searching for "the perfect" concealer for me!

My skin is very dry too and I have problems with many concealers.
At the moment I use the Select Cover Up and it works quite good but is still not my HG.
Have you tried UD Perversion? It's still very creamy, but less slippery than Feline. And EL came out with the Pure Color Intense Kajals that are amazing!

bis

I have high hopes for every new concealer coming out because I am still searching for "the perfect" concealer for me!   My skin is very dry too and I have problems with many concealers. At the moment I use the Select Cover Up and it works quite good but is still not my HG.
you need to tell me how you make Select Cover Up work for you, it was always too much like Sahara on me. The only MAC one is Moisture Cover, but I wish it would stay around a bit longer ;) Let's hope for the best that the Mineralize Concealer is a miracle in a tube.

MACina

At first I apply a moisturizing eye cream (at the moment I have one from La Prairie) and let it sink in for a short while.
Then I gently tap the Select Cover Up into the skin with one finger and fix it with a powder.Mostly I use the Guerlain Meteorites Teint
Rose because I love the finish.They brighten up the under eye area pretty nice IMO.

Let's hope for the best that the Mineralize Concealer is a miracle in a tube.

PixieDancer

I don't have Perversion by UD, but I have Zero, Whiskey, and some of the colored ones (Lucky, 1999, Electric). They do alright, the best of all I've tried, but they just don't last at all. Maybe an hour or two tops. Thanks for the rec of EL, I'll try to find it and give that a go!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Thanks for posting! I love the eye makeup in the promo pic, I'd love to know what she is wearing. I'm interested in the foundation, I see there is an 'extra light' shade, so maybe I would give it a try. I bought the old loose mineralize foundation in light (which is the lightest shade available here) and it is too dark for me unfortunately.

PixieDancer

The "no blinking" is the biggest problem. As soon as I start on my waterline, my eyes tear up and the blink-a-thon begins! I'll try it again though, I think it's still drifting in my stash somewhere...
But I'm DEFINITELY going to look out for the GPS! They sound like a good possibility! Thanks again my dear!

I know what you're saying! If I don't have to do extra steps to look great all day, I'm all for it! Keep an eye out for the GPS - you'll like them.
If you already have a Feline sitting around at home, though, one thing that helps for me is being careful to apply it only to the lower waterline and make sure not to blink or shut my eye for as long as I can manage so it can set up a teeny bit before the waterworks get started. If I want to line the upper waterline too, I need to do it fast and not get any on my lashes and then sort of sit unblinking for a bit - it's not fool-proof, but then again, nothing is with Feline......sometimes it's worth it, though and it's always good if you want a smudged, sexy punk look.

shadowaddict

PixieDancer--I've had great results with MUFE Aqua liners. Feline didn't work for me but have found these work very well and stay. I have had super watery and sensitive eyes lately due to allergies and love these. Good luck on your search.

I'm hoping to find an undereye concealer that doesn't crease and settle into lines and a bonus would be to help with dark circles. I had high hopes for many and used an eye cream first and still haven't found my HG under eye concealer.

bis

I know this is in a different language but LOOK! :D http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/57708/mac_mineralize_perfectly_finished_nl_release_februari_2012 I love the promo picture!!  
Thanks for the link, it seems it might come out even sooner than we though. Interestingly, the mineralize loose foundation comes in extra light (and I hope it's lighter, not that they made the light one darker), but the packaging of the concealer looks weird, like the content got smaller :dunno: Hope it's just that they made the cap bigger to hold it better.

bis

I don't have Perversion by UD, but I have Zero, Whiskey, and some of the colored ones (Lucky, 1999, Electric).  They do alright, the best of all I've tried, but they just don't last at all.  Maybe an hour or two tops.  Thanks for the rec of EL, I'll try to find it and give that a go! 
I do not like the UD 24/7 liners either, they do not last, but Perversion seems to have a different texture. But I really, really like the EL one, but then I like Feline too ;)

Mac-Guy

Thanks for the link! I guess it's soon time to say Good-bye to the Moisturecover concealer - or shall I say Good-buy for those who want to stock up before it will be d/c.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the link! I guess it's soon time to say Good-bye to the Moisturecover concealer - or shall I say Good-buy for those who want to stock up before it will be d/c.

Oh no... please not Moisturecover, it is my HG concealer, I cannot live without it!
thud.gif
Lol. But looks like Studio Sculpt is being d/c as it is in the Goodbye section. Hopefully that will be d/c instead of MC.

(and Coygirl is d/c?! And Romp and Bisque, and Rosemary&Thyme? Uugh!)

Mac-Guy

Oh no... please not Moisturecover, it is my HG concealer, I cannot live without it!
thud.gif
Lol. But looks like Studio Sculpt is being d/c as it is in the Goodbye section. Hopefully that will be d/c instead of MC.

(and Coygirl is d/c?! And Romp and Bisque, and Rosemary&Thyme? Uugh!)

If products don't sell, they will go...

PinkBasset

When I heard moisturecover was going to be discontinued, I went and bought some to stock up, but apparently it is staying permanent in some places? We do still have it and the MAs said it is not being discontinued here. It is the best concealer, so it better stay. I seriously don't know what to do if it discontinues (unless the new mineralize concealer is as good).

Anyway, thanks for the link RayannaBanana! I love the promo picture, the make up is lovely and the whole feel to it is cool! I'm sure interested in the foundation too, yay for the extra light shade!! :)

Latest posts