MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

peachsuns

I love that lipstick tube and I'm disappointed now that it wont be released. I don't care how tacky people think it looks, I think makeup is supposed to be fun and sometimes you shouldn't take yourself so seriously. Besides, look at the Wonder Woman packaging, that was tacky as hell, we've had Hello Kitty and Heatherette crazy lipstick tubes which don't look sophisticated but people love them regardless. I think it's cool though. Maybe MAC will change their minds in the future and release something like those tubes, fingers crossed!
iagree.gif

shadowaddict

I just don't know about those glitter lippie tubes at my age. However my daughter-in-law loves glitter so I would buy one for her provided it is well coated to keep it looking that way..

Mac-Guy

I guess if you take them on a 10-day vacation, you probably get through the palette quite fast.

I already found that the pro lip palette dried out rather fast and those had an extra cover. Still, it's pretty to look at and practical if you just want to pop one palette (for l/s) in your suitcase.

lmcmullen

I don't do lip palettes either. I'm really ticklish and can't STAND applying lip products with a brush. Just thinking of it makes my skin crawl!

User38

o

I have seen these in person.. and they are striking more than they are practical..that said, the cost of production for these would be quite high and increase the product price accordingly
hatsoff.gif

karester

Like the look of this. Don't know if it's from an upcoming collection, though

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150816150330554&set=a.10150816038990554.732072.16126780553&type=1&theater
Just read through the comments and MAC actually replied saying they created it exclusively for the fashion show. It's a shame, because I kind of liked it.

Mac-Guy

that mascara was the same one that came out with the couture collection last year right?

I believe the difference is that this one is extra black... To be honest, I didn't pay much attention when the MUA told me about it. :)

Babylard

I don't think there was any intended significance in Hello Kitty having no mouth to talk. Hello Kitty would end up looking more like Hamtaro or maybe more silly if they drew a mouth on her (My Melody looks kinda silly). It is just the style of cartoons (eg. Pocchaco, chococat are both male chars drawn in the same style too ). Then again, I defend the drawing because I grew up with hello kitty and I watched the cartoons that does teach good values to kids :3 It was my favourite collection of all time. Asian people love their Hello Kitty. lol

I don't think the packaging compared to HK at all. HK is a cult icon, and although I am not a big fan of her -- mainly because I refuse to adore a character that is designed in a way that it has no mouth to talk -- I can see the value and appeal that a HK collection has to a wide range of customers.
There are so many style icons and cult figures out there and I hope MAC continues to go in this direction. They made a good start (again!) with Cindy (though the fall-out was ugly), but at least it ties in with previous characters that made MAC more believable but not tacky. Just think of the Lisa Minelli or the Catherine Deneuve collection. I want to feel inspired by the make up and not be mistaken by children's MU.

Latest posts