MAC Early Buzz - news on products for 2012

paparazziboy

ore-inspried is my by far my favorite trend this season. im actually presenting that trend next week in my city along with in extra dimension im very excited about it!!!

Mac-Guy

it's too bad...but at least they are still posting them on pro. (though i don't have access to that anyway.)

i was kind of wondering if they were worried about copyright or something like that, but i guess if they are posting on pro, maybe they just think that 'regular' consumers will prefer video tutorials... :(

i mentioned it to a live chat person the other day, and he suggested i write to customer service...maybe if enough people do that, they will see the point in making them available again...
That's my guess too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was thinking the same thing. I find that charts are easier to work with, even if you don't necessarily get a sense of the "real" results from the paper illustrations.

katred

Specktra Bestie
stupid question perhaps...but are ALL those products supposed to be on that face chart??

I was thinking that maybe it was just a list of products that related to the theme. Or, that face chart involves more makeup than I wear in a week.

Mac-Guy

I was thinking that maybe it was just a list of products that related to the theme. Or, that face chart involves more makeup than I wear in a week.

There is a lot of layering and mixing going on. I think that is the fun part of make up - mix & match as well as custom coloring what suits your complexion best. The CCB's are used for contouring. Personally, I prefer powders for contouring, but I use at least three different one in one session to make it look natural. One color can often look too obvious.

OctoberViolet

Well, it's March 1st & I'm already impatient (yes, again!).
whistle.gif
Would anyone know when in March we are to get this facebook app to vote? I am going to start getting very busy at work & I don't want to miss this. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait until the end of March. I want to vote now!!

What I understood from that post:
There will be two votes in total:
1) vote via facebook app in March from 20 pre-selected discontinued/le items - 5 items will be chosen
2) every day (!) for two weeks there will be also a possibility to vote for your favourites from 18 pre-selected items. 5 most voted for items will be released online only. This vote will also being taking place in March.

So, if I understand it correctly, there will be plenty items to choose from! I really hope that we will be getting Queen's Sin with this collection finally!!!

luvlydee

I hope some of the products will be some old paint pots that I havent gotten a chance to get my hands on because my love for paint pots started this year
fool.gif

What I understood from that post:

There will be two votes in total:
1) vote via facebook app in March from 20 pre-selected discontinued/le items - 5 items will be chosen
2) every day (!) for two weeks there will be also a possibility to vote for your favourites from 18 pre-selected items. 5 most voted for items will be released online only. This vote will also being taking place in March.

So, if I understand it correctly, there will be plenty items to choose from! I really hope that we will be getting Queen's Sin with this collection finally!!!

bstar

it's too bad...but at least they are still posting them on pro. (though i don't have access to that anyway.)

i was kind of wondering if they were worried about copyright or something like that, but i guess if they are posting on pro, maybe they just think that 'regular' consumers will prefer video tutorials... :(

i mentioned it to a live chat person the other day, and he suggested i write to customer service...maybe if enough people do that, they will see the point in making them available again...
I actually sent an email to our Aus CS a few weeks ago, asking for some copies of the Daphne face charts (had a quick look in store, but no photographic memory). I was interested in trying our some of their suggested looks. Got the email stating my request was received and would be responded to shortly...still waiting. Must have sent it in January. I Suppose I'll stop holding my breath!

OctoberViolet

I hope this works. Tx to blushingnoir.com I found this face chart for MAC a/w 2012. Not sure if it has been posting yet. If you look below, I highlighted my "wowza" moment in orange. 6 Orange lip palette?!
eyelove.gif
MAC needs to make these palettes avail to everyone. I've had issues with ordering and going to the pro stores. I want one of these friggin palettes.
rant.gif
I can't wait to see what it looks like.

FACE
Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation
and Face & Body Foundation
mixed together and applied over well hydrated
skin for a flawless, fresh finish
M∙A∙C Pro Invisible Set Powder
lightly swept through the middle of the face
to set and polish
Crosswire and Sandy B from the 6 Editorial Oranges
Pro Lip Palette (available Autumn//Winter 2012) —
blended into cheeks for a rosy flush
EYE
Blacktrack Fluidline
applied through the upper lashline to elongate,
lift and define
M∙A∙C Pro Invisible Set Powder
pressed over Blacktrack to set
Haute & Naughty Black Mascara
feathered through the upper lashline only
to define lashes
Brows were slightly shaded with eye shadow
to create fullness, avoiding the tail end for a fresh,
youthful appearance​
LIP
Lip Conditioner SPF 15
hydrates and prepares the lip
Morange Lipstick
pressed into lips with fingers for a slight
tint or stain​

Mac-Guy

FYI, in April/May, the travel collection should also be released. This might be interesting for those who travel and indulge in airport shopping.

Mac-Guy

I think the Pro lip palettes are doing really well, especially as they are so handy to carry around. And for those who like to press their lippies into palettes, it is a very easy way to save time and money.

If you still want the Spring palette, I'd urge you to order over the phone. There is no reason why it shouldn't work. Good luck!

tint or stain

Eleentje

FYI, in April/May, the travel collection should also be released. This might be interesting for those who travel and indulge in airport shopping.
That would be me, LOL.
And very conveniently, I'll be flying in April and May :D

Sometimes I'm so bad I almost feel like booking a cheap flight to London, just so that I could indulge in some duty free shopping on my way back home *hangs head in shame*.

Mac-Guy

That would be me, LOL. And very conveniently, I'll be flying in April and May :D

Sometimes I'm so bad I almost feel like booking a cheap flight to London, just so that I could indulge in some duty free shopping on my way back home *hangs head in shame*.

I think the collection might be called "Go Sees," though I'm not entirely sure anymore as I am currently watching one of those silly model reality shows, LOL.

I don't blame you for airport shopping. Love it too, especially as many products come in convenient travel sizes.

Eleentje

I think the collection might be called "Go Sees," though I'm not entirely sure anymore as I am currently watching one of those silly model reality shows, LOL.

I don't blame you for airport shopping. Love it too, especially as many products come in convenient travel sizes.
I'll check it out, thank you!
Gotta love the silly model reality shows once in a while, lots of cattiness!
I'm hoping to find some interesting travel/Asian exclusives at Changi airport, when I'll be flying to Australia in April.