MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

lyseD

Sorry ladies, I haven't been around this whole week - 'found out I had gallstones by having a painful attack. Now I'm waiting to do more tests and figure out if I want surgery or not. I don't want to just ditch my gall bladder!
thmbdn.gif

Anyhow, yeah - very hard to grow out curly hair so it's long. Mine just keeps curling up more and more and gets wider, not longer. It's twice as long wet as it is when dry.
tumbleweed.gif

For hair products, I keep it pretty simple. I use Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner every day, applied wet, then I use a teeny bit of BioSilk, which my hair stylist friend turned me on to - that really makes your hair shiny and the curls nice and defined. The only drawback is it doesn't do anything to nourish the hair and there is some buildup, so I find I have to wash my hair more often to get it out. Normally, I only like to wash my hair with conditioner (plain old Aussie for curly hair), but when I need to shampoo it, I've been using Mixed Chicks, but I may switch to Aussie when I'm done with this bottle.

Once a month or so, I deep condition with a hair mask from Santa Maria de Novella: http://www.santamarianovellausa.com/product/SMN-Hair-Care-top/10721.html#.USgby6WXB8w + shower cap. Plus I never blow dry - only let it air dry up in a pony tail if I want more volume or down if I want maximum fluffy curl definition. I've been finally getting more regular hair cuts, and that is definitely improving general hair health for me too.

Now to get the rest of me healthy.
nonono.gif
Had my gall bladder out last year -- very simple surgery and VERY good pain killers for after.
winks.gif

Prettypackages

Kelis would be a cool choice.
I'd love for MAC to collaborate with Kid Sister. But then again I don't know if she is famous enough. But I think stylewise she would be the perfect fit, she also uses MAC products as far as I know. Plus her nails are always fabulous, I'm sure she would create some kick a$$ nail polishes.
And I know it's not gonna happen, but Erykah Badu would be amazing.
I don't really know who's popular these days, I just listen to the music I like online, but I don't read any magazines and don't have a tv, so I have no realistic idea who it could be. I think there's still a possibility that it could be Azealia Banks, which is pretty much the only newer artist I know and like, but it might as well be anyone else.

edit: Oh, and Kylie Minogue of course! I would go crazy for a Viva Glam Kylie lippie.
heart2.gif
yeah, Kylie would be good. i can see that.

Prettypackages

Sorry ladies, I haven't been around this whole week - 'found out I had gallstones by having a painful attack. Now I'm waiting to do more tests and figure out if I want surgery or not. I don't want to just ditch my gall bladder!
thmbdn.gif

Anyhow, yeah - very hard to grow out curly hair so it's long. Mine just keeps curling up more and more and gets wider, not longer. It's twice as long wet as it is when dry.
tumbleweed.gif

For hair products, I keep it pretty simple. I use Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner every day, applied wet, then I use a teeny bit of BioSilk, which my hair stylist friend turned me on to - that really makes your hair shiny and the curls nice and defined. The only drawback is it doesn't do anything to nourish the hair and there is some buildup, so I find I have to wash my hair more often to get it out. Normally, I only like to wash my hair with conditioner (plain old Aussie for curly hair), but when I need to shampoo it, I've been using Mixed Chicks, but I may switch to Aussie when I'm done with this bottle.

Once a month or so, I deep condition with a hair mask from Santa Maria de Novella: http://www.santamarianovellausa.com/product/SMN-Hair-Care-top/10721.html#.USgby6WXB8w + shower cap. Plus I never blow dry - only let it air dry up in a pony tail if I want more volume or down if I want maximum fluffy curl definition. I've been finally getting more regular hair cuts, and that is definitely improving general hair health for me too.

nonono.gif
aww man, I hope you feel better...

I wash with conditioner too. I have to try biosilk. I didn't like mixed chicks. I have major shrinkage too. If I could keep the length I have wet while dry, I'd love it.

iATEaSEAmonster

Aren't those the blushes from the Nudes&Metallics collection? Only Barefaced is called Barefoot there, which might be a mistake.
Darn. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to purchase things online. My friend is, so maybe I can give her cash IRL so she can purchase it online. :/

liba

aww man, I hope you feel better...

I wash with conditioner too. I have to try biosilk. I didn't like mixed chicks. I have major shrinkage too. If I could keep the length I have wet while dry, I'd love it.
Thanks PP! I'm not too crazy about Mixed Chick's shampoo, but the leave-in conditioner has been good if I make sure not to use too much at a time. Have you found something similar that's more nourishing, because I could go for that!

Lisianthus

thmbdn.gif
I had my gall bladder out last year too. I did some research beforehand and I made the mistake of watching a gall bladder surgery video on Youtube. It scared the beejeezus out of me!!! I don't recommend doing that! Haha! My surgery went smoothly and I found the pain and soreness afterwards more bearable than the gall bladder attacks. All the best to you Liba!

pocketmouse

And who do you all think would make a good viva glam spokeperson?
I think it'd be cool to see a collab with Marina & The Diamonds (Marina Diamandis) her look for her latest album Electra Heart is a bit superficial/Stepford Wife-- which is the look she was going for, it's sort of an alter ego/stage character- but in general her actual style is really cool and I think she'd make some bright, fun lippies (I was thinking about it while watching her Oh No video). I guess she's been popular in the UK for a few years now, but she's just starting to get recognized/played here in the States since releasing Electra Heart (it has a lot more of a catchy mainstream, pop sound but I prefer it to most of the music played on the radio here, her first album is really good though; I just love her voice). I'm pretty sure Glee is actually supposed to cover one of her songs (How to be a Heartbreaker), so that'll definitely bring some attention to her music (I actually saw one of her music videos on E!, and I know she's touring here for the second time in the past year this May, and a lot of her shows sold out last time & are selling out this time too, so obviously she has some fanbase here) The more I think about it, the more excited I get.. I'd love to see MAC do some sort of mini collection with her! It seems like a bit of a stretch, but Azalea Banks seemed to be too, so who knows! *fingers crossed* Pleasssse MAC
poke.gif

MACina

liba, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that you are feeling better soon
th_cheerup.gif

thmbdn.gif

tumbleweed.gif

nonono.gif

peachsuns

thmbdn.gif

tumbleweed.gif

nonono.gif
Liba, I am sending lots of positive vibes your way that everything will be okay!
th_hug.gif

MACerette

thmbdn.gif

tumbleweed.gif

nonono.gif
I have had my gal bladder removed nearly two years ago. I was relieved the pain stopped.

ETA: Forgot to add the most important thing: hope you feel better soon.
th_cheerup.gif

MACupGrl

LIBA Sorry to hear that you are ill:( Thank God I have never had to deal with gallstones but I knew someone who had them and she was miserable, in severe pain, and stayed nauseous and sick all the time until she had surgery. I pray for your speedy recovery. It sounds like you have beautiful hair:) I love naturally curly hair. I think that it is challenging hair but worth it because it is beautiful hair. Straight hair is boring-lol. As for me, I have what I call "mutt" hair-haha half curly half straight:( AND thin. I used to love Biosilk until my hairdresser told me that it had alot of alcohol (which dries hair out) in it. I immediately switched to Josie Maran Argan Oil. It works for me:) Anyway, GET WELL SOON girlie:)

MacNcheese

Kelis would be a cool choice.
I'd love for MAC to collaborate with Kid Sister. But then again I don't know if she is famous enough. But I think stylewise she would be the perfect fit, she also uses MAC products as far as I know. Plus her nails are always fabulous, I'm sure she would create some kick a$$ nail polishes.
And I know it's not gonna happen, but Erykah Badu would be amazing.
I don't really know who's popular these days, I just listen to the music I like online, but I don't read any magazines and don't have a tv, so I have no realistic idea who it could be. I think there's still a possibility that it could be Azealia Banks, which is pretty much the only newer artist I know and like, but it might as well be anyone else.

edit: Oh, and Kylie Minogue of course! I would go crazy for a Viva Glam Kylie lippie.
heart2.gif
I would love a Kylie lippie.

lyseD

No it isn't! Right now I don't like the idea of it at all. Thanks for the well wishes!
grouphug2.gif

If it's OK, I'd love to ask you a bunch of questions in PM.
bouquet.gif

Thanks PP! I'm not too crazy about Mixed Chick's shampoo, but the leave-in conditioner has been good if I make sure not to use too much at a time. Have you found something similar that's more nourishing, because I could go for that!
sure

pinkpaint

I would love to see Solange do Viva Glam. I love her style and, since she's known for mixing prints, a colorful, patterned lipstick tube would be really cool. I can dream lol

Spectacular

I would love to see Solange do Viva Glam. I love her style and, since she's known for mixing prints, a colorful, patterned lipstick tube would be really cool. I can dream lol
I got an instant vision of a turquoise blue lipstick bullet with yellow tiger print speckled on it. MAC's long overdue for some really crazy packaging.