MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

SNJx

Mila Kunis is gorgeous, I wouldn't mind if she did the campaign.

And I know it will never happen, but I'd love Aishwarya Rai to be spokesperson. She's an Indian (South Asian) actress and has a huge fanbase all over the world. Not to mention HIV/AIDS is a really huge issue in India. It would be a great collab, I think. Ahh, a girl can dream.
amuse.gif

Edit to say... ADELE! I'd buy anything that woman put her name on. She's fantastic!
greengrin.gif
I love Mila Kunis! And she looked stunning in the Dior campaigns

Michelemu21

I love Mila Kunis! And she looked stunning in the Dior campaigns
I didn't even recognize her. She almost looks like Carmine Electra without makeup (though you rarely see that). I would have loved Natalie Portman, Monica Bellucci, Scarlett Johanson (I am thinking of all the beauty ads I like right now).

vaisforluvrs

I didn't even recognize her. She almost looks like Carmine Electra without makeup (though you rarely see that). I would have loved Natalie Portman, Monica Bellucci, Scarlett Johanson (I am thinking of all the beauty ads I like right now).
D&G has a Monica lipstick collection. She looks beautiful in the ads. I would imagine that the actresses have exclusivity contracts with their brands (D&G, Dior) so they wouldn't be able to work with MAC until the contract ends.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Kelis would be a cool choice.
I'd love for MAC to collaborate with Kid Sister. But then again I don't know if she is famous enough. But I think stylewise she would be the perfect fit, she also uses MAC products as far as I know. Plus her nails are always fabulous, I'm sure she would create some kick a$$ nail polishes.
And I know it's not gonna happen, but Erykah Badu would be amazing.
I don't really know who's popular these days, I just listen to the music I like online, but I don't read any magazines and don't have a tv, so I have no realistic idea who it could be. I think there's still a possibility that it could be Azealia Banks, which is pretty much the only newer artist I know and like, but it might as well be anyone else.

edit: Oh, and Kylie Minogue of course! I would go crazy for a Viva Glam Kylie lippie.
heart2.gif

lilinah

Maybe i'm just an old cranky pants, but to me Miley Cyrus feels like another Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan melt down waiting to happen. I certainly hope not, of course, but, just sayin'...

lilinah

Natelie Portman is already spokesmodel for Dior, Scarlett Johansson for Dolce & Gabbana, so clearly neither is available for MAC

I saw the Janelle Monae CoverGirl ads in the latest Allure. I was glad to see her getting more promotion, but that means she's not available for MAC

David Bowie's wife, the gorgeous and stately Somali model Iman, has her own makeup line. I don't know if that would have any influence on him sponsoring a different brand...

liba

what do you use in your hair to keep in healthy and not frizzy.
Sorry ladies, I haven't been around this whole week - 'found out I had gallstones by having a painful attack. Now I'm waiting to do more tests and figure out if I want surgery or not. I don't want to just ditch my gall bladder!
thmbdn.gif

Anyhow, yeah - very hard to grow out curly hair so it's long. Mine just keeps curling up more and more and gets wider, not longer. It's twice as long wet as it is when dry.
tumbleweed.gif

For hair products, I keep it pretty simple. I use Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner every day, applied wet, then I use a teeny bit of BioSilk, which my hair stylist friend turned me on to - that really makes your hair shiny and the curls nice and defined. The only drawback is it doesn't do anything to nourish the hair and there is some buildup, so I find I have to wash my hair more often to get it out. Normally, I only like to wash my hair with conditioner (plain old Aussie for curly hair), but when I need to shampoo it, I've been using Mixed Chicks, but I may switch to Aussie when I'm done with this bottle.

Once a month or so, I deep condition with a hair mask from Santa Maria de Novella: http://www.santamarianovellausa.com/product/SMN-Hair-Care-top/10721.html#.USgby6WXB8w + shower cap. Plus I never blow dry - only let it air dry up in a pony tail if I want more volume or down if I want maximum fluffy curl definition. I've been finally getting more regular hair cuts, and that is definitely improving general hair health for me too.

Now to get the rest of me healthy.
nonono.gif

Michelemu21

Natelie Portman is already spokesmodel for Dior, Scarlett Johansson for Dolce & Gabbana, so clearly neither is available for MAC

I saw the Janelle Monae CoverGirl ads in the latest Allure. I was glad to see her getting more promotion, but that means she's not available for MAC

David Bowie's wife, the gorgeous and stately Somali model Iman, has her own makeup line. I don't know if that would have any influence on him sponsoring a different brand...
Maybe when the contracts end....

Michelemu21

Sorry ladies, I haven't been around this whole week - 'found out I had gallstones by having a painful attack. Now I'm waiting to do more tests and figure out if I want surgery or not. I don't want to just ditch my gall bladder!
thmbdn.gif

Anyhow, yeah - very hard to grow out curly hair so it's long. Mine just keeps curling up more and more and gets wider, not longer. It's twice as long wet as it is when dry.
tumbleweed.gif

For hair products, I keep it pretty simple. I use Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner every day, applied wet, then I use a teeny bit of BioSilk, which my hair stylist friend turned me on to - that really makes your hair shiny and the curls nice and defined. The only drawback is it doesn't do anything to nourish the hair and there is some buildup, so I find I have to wash my hair more often to get it out. Normally, I only like to wash my hair with conditioner (plain old Aussie for curly hair), but when I need to shampoo it, I've been using Mixed Chicks, but I may switch to Aussie when I'm done with this bottle.

Once a month or so, I deep condition with a hair mask from Santa Maria de Novella: http://www.santamarianovellausa.com/product/SMN-Hair-Care-top/10721.html#.USgby6WXB8w + shower cap. Plus I never blow dry - only let it air dry up in a pony tail if I want more volume or down if I want maximum fluffy curl definition. I've been finally getting more regular hair cuts, and that is definitely improving general hair health for me too.

Now to get the rest of me healthy.
nonono.gif
I hope you feel better Liba...surgery is no fun I know.
friends.gif