MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

lovesongx

Here's the pretty eyes/pretty lips info for anyone like me who found it difficult to read!

EYESHADOW QUADS:
SHOWSTOPPER - Oh My Darling, Jest, Mineralism, Showstopper
DEVILISHLY DARK - Manila Paper, Goldmine, Honey Lust, Devilishly Dark
MELT MY HEART - Forgery, Melt My Heart, Heather Belles, Silver Ring
HOLD MY GAZE - White Rabbit, Dame’s Desire, Deep Secret, Hold My Gaze
IDOL EYES - Idol Eyes, Lustre Leaf, Russian Blue, Birds & Berries
PINK FREEZE - Pink Freeze, Bruised Plum, Deception, Magic Moor

BRUSHES: 224, 213

LIPSTICK: Fun Fun, Hue, Overjoyed, Cheers All Around, Fresh Salmon, Lovelorn, Laugh A Lot, Heartless

LIPGLASS: Pretty Plush, Fullfilled, Bountiful, Big Baby, Ample Pink, Full For You

(yes I'm kinda bored haha!)

KMQE716

Maybe it's a different collection altogether? Someting we don't yet know about?
Thanks for responding...i was about to say what ab my question?? lol!

but yeah it has the same photo as the Apres Chic' though for the US in the blog...who knows...i wouldn't mind another comfort though

KMQE716

Wow at the lovely lips/eyes collection...Dear MAC...why are you doing this to me!!!!
eyelove.gif

valkolak

I'm glad Hold My Gaze will be back. Such a lovely shadow. I've never seen anything like it. I'd love to try Fun Fun, too!
flower.gif
Thanks Naynadine for digging this up!

ladyarwen

HAHAHAHA...there's Showstopper once again. And only a few days after I said that Carbon was becoming the new Showstopper.

The Idol Eyes quad is the one I'm leaning toward. Dem greens! Devilishly Dark looks good too. I really want a pink quad though, I don't really have any decent pinks in my stash. And OMG, the lippies...don't even get me started.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for all the info! This collection actually makes me feel like an old-timer, because I already have so much of it. A large portion is actually taken from the SPring Colour Forecast 2010 collection. I'm surprised to see so much of it in one place, but some of those shades are fantastic all around ones and I think it's a good opportunity for those who missed them the first time (or have run out!) to grab some solid Mac shades.

EYESHADOW QUADS:
SHOWSTOPPER - Oh My Darling, Jest, Mineralism, Showstopper
Showstopper is the only shade I have from this quad, but I would almost refuse to buy it on general principle because it's been promoted so many times.

DEVILISHLY DARK - Manila Paper, Goldmine, Honey Lust, Devilishly Dark
I already have Manila Paper, which is one of my favourite highlighters ever, and Goldmine. Tempted to get this just to back up MP, but it's awfully similar to stuff I have...

MELT MY HEART - Forgery, Melt My Heart, Heather Belles, Silver Ring
I have three of the four shades and Forgery is one that never much appealed to me. Why do they keep re-promoted Heather Belles? This is the 3rd or 4th time for that one, too.

HOLD MY GAZE - White Rabbit, Dame’s Desire, Deep Secret, Hold My Gaze
Again, I have everything except Deep Secret, but I can say that the other shades will make this one worth the price. All three are solid.

IDOL EYES - Idol Eyes, Lustre Leaf, Russian Blue, Birds & Berries
I used to have Idol Eyes but got frustrated by its fallout. Too bad, because it's a fascinating colour. I have Russian Blue and Birds & Berries. RB swatches terribly but looks decent on. B&B is excellent.

PINK FREEZE - Pink Freeze, Bruised Plum, Deception, Magic Moor
I have Bruised Plum and Magic Moor. Not sure I need to back up either of them enough to sell me on the quad, but this would be the one I'd be most likely to buy.

BRUSHES: 224, 213
I keep hearing awesome things about the 224. Anyone care to share their experiences?

LIPSTICK: Fun Fun, Hue, Overjoyed, Cheers All Around, Fresh Salmon, Lovelorn, Laugh A Lot, Heartless
I have Fresh Salmon, Laugh A Lot and Heartless. Heartless is a great standard red. There are a lot of reds like it, but if you want a nice, bright shade that doesn't pull too warm or cool (slightly warm), it's a great choice. Fresh Salmon is a gorgeous salmon-pink with gold shimmer. I can't believe they haven't repromoted it before now. I was wearing it this week, actually! Laugh A Lot doesn't have a lot of punch, but it's a nice bit of rosy-plumminess on the lips. Very nice on cooler complexions, although it's sheer enough that it would probably work on warmer skin tones as well.
I know a lot of people have been looking forward to a return of Fun Fun, so I suspect this one will sell out.

LIPGLASS: Pretty Plush, Fullfilled, Bountiful, Big Baby, Ample Pink, Full For You
I'm not a huge fan of Plushglasses, as I find them too sheer, but there are some nicer examples of them in here. Full For You is a particularly pretty light, sparkly pink.

I feel like I've hauled already...

peachsuns

Thank you, Naynadine!!!!!
bouquet.gif

I am stupidly excited right now!
Fresh Salmon and Heartless? Really?
yahoo.gif

RMB200
Thanks to valkyria for finding the link!

Aaand the moment we've all been waiting for... Showstopper is back!
girlhaha.gif

I bet a lot of people will be happy that Birds&Berries is being repromoted.

MACina

yahoo.gif
.....what a great collection!!!

Even with all the repromotes...I love it!

RMB200
Thanks to valkyria for finding the link!

Aaand the moment we've all been waiting for... Showstopper is back!
girlhaha.gif

I bet a lot of people will be happy that Birds&Berries is being repromoted.

Deadly

From the eyeshadows I would just like to have Melt My Heart and Magic Moor.. and of course they are in different quads.
ohboy.gif
I might BU Fun Fun lipstick.

MRV

These perm/repro collections are confusing... are they for real?

Well, maybe my account will finally find a balance
angelic.gif
as I don't have to get much new stuff. Like Katred, I already have so many of these... 2 e/s of 3 quads (2 Manilla Papers, but only ONE Showstopper...
pompom.gif
). Anyways, the green palette is on my list (although I have B&B already).

gracie90

I only want the Idol Eyes quad and a couple of l/s, so minimal damage here! I am starting to wish that we'll get some single e/s at some point in the future though

Mac-Guy

These perm/repro collections are confusing... are they for real?

Well, maybe my account will finally find a balance
angelic.gif
as I don't have to get much new stuff. Like Katred, I already have so many of these... 2 e/s of 3 quads (2 Manilla Papers, but only ONE Showstopper...
pompom.gif
). Anyways, the green palette is on my list (although I have B&B already).
As MAC is so new in the Chinese market, they're probably pushing a lot of the perm items to get the girls hooked.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm kinda happy to see that Fresh Salmon is being repromoted. I missed out on it last time.
It is a really lovely colour, flattering on a wide range of skin tones and looks like nothing else I have in my collection. I feel like Spring Colour Forecast was so overwhelmingly large that a lot of gems got kind of buried in there...

Turpentine

It seems like they are trying to promote the perm items. I was in China last year when Semi-Precious and Surf Baby were released and to my disappointment only perm items (and I believe some repromotes) were included in the collections.
10g/RMB350
uh no comment on these descriptions lol they are entertaining though.​

Deadly

From the eyeshadows I would just like to have Melt My Heart and Magic Moor.. and of course they are in different quads.
ohboy.gif
I might BU Fun Fun lipstick.
Nevermind, I can use Silver Fog Pigment instead of Melt My Heart and I already bought 6 Beauties Cool Eyes palette, which includes Magic Moor. So this collection will be a skip for me.
cheerleader.gif

Latest posts