MAC Early Buzz - News on Products for 2013

Audrey C

Jeez, I love the dewy skin. That is so pretty. I want the Spring Trend Palette even more now too!
I get close to that look with F&B. Lasts just long enough for me to apply blush and then out comes the blot powder to get rid of it. Guess I'm not a trend setter. ;)

I wish they'd taken a pic before her shadow creased, presuming that isn't a deliberate look.

MRV

I get close to that look with F&B. Lasts just long enough for me to apply blush and then I powder liberally to get rid of it. LOL
You can keep (at least part of) it if you put MSFN over F&B. That's my favourite.

mousygiggles

I get close to that look with F&B. Lasts just long enough for me to apply blush and then out comes the blot powder to get rid of it. Guess I'm not a trend setter. ;)

I wish they'd taken a pic before her shadow creased, presuming that isn't a deliberate look.
That is how F&B looks on me too. Sometimes I go without powder. Now, I just feel less weird about doing it!

Audrey C

That is how F&B looks on me too. Sometimes I go without powder. Now, I just feel less weird about doing it!
I've had oily skin since my teens - dewiness just reads as something that needs blotted to me. I tried MSFN but my skin wasn't happy with it. I stick to Blot Powder of P&P translucent powder now.

mousygiggles

I've had oily skin since my teens - dewiness just reads as something that needs blotted to me. I tried MSFN but my skin wasn't happy with it. I stick to Blot Powder of P&P translucent powder now.
MSFN works great for me but I have never been oily a day in my life. Maybe that is why I like the dewy look on me.

MACina

Can you apply a powder blush directly over the F&B foundation?

Or do you use a cream blush if you don' t use a powder to set it?

mousygiggles

Or do you use a cream blush if you don' t use a powder to set it?
I have done both. I let the F&B settle for a minute or so before I add powder blush if that is what I am doing. MSFs over it without powder are AAAAMMMAZING! Especially Light Year. I really like the Casual Color thingys over it without powder as well. It is a fresh very natural look.

kimibos

i sometimes use the chanel mat lumiere with out powder. or when i put powder over it i use fix plus. i have combination/oily skin but i just dont like a matte powdered face.
wtff.gif

MACina

Thank you very much!

Really???
I would love to get this foundation.I had it some time ago but the shade was totally wrong for me.I will get a sample of N1 from a
friend and hope that this will work better for me.I only have the F&B white to mix with other foundations because "regular shades" are always too dark for me.

I have done both. I let the F&B settle for a minute or so before I add powder blush if that is what I am doing. MSFs over it without powder are AAAAMMMAZING! Especially Light Year. I really like the Casual Color thingys over it without powder as well. It is a fresh very natural look.

Mac-Guy

i like it. you can tell that the model from the catherine show is wearing it on the inner coner and it looks pretty!!
th_star.gif
It looks gorgeous, especially against her tanned skin. It reminds me a bit of the pink part of the Street Art e/s palette, which I also use as a highlighter. Those light pinks work well as an inner corner accent and are less flashy than a white e/s.

Audrey C

i sometimes use the chanel mat lumiere with out powder. or when i put powder over it i use fix plus. i have combination/oily skin but i just dont like a matte powdered face.
wtff.gif
I don't like the matte powdered look either; I go for a more natural powdered look (if that makes sense). Even at that, I'll look 'dewy' (nicer word than oily) again in the t-zone and on my upper cheeks within an hour with F&B.

liba

Dewey fan here!
wavey.gif

Then again, I've always had dry skin, so no wonder. There's a fine line between dewey and oily and lord knows if I'd ever had a battle with oily skin, my first reaction would be YOU ARE BANISHED and that's that.

LMD84

Dewey fan here!
wavey.gif

Then again, I've always had dry skin, so no wonder. There's a fine line between dewey and oily and lord knows if I'd ever had a battle with oily skin, my first reaction would be YOU ARE BANISHED and that's that.
see i love the look of dewey skin too but feel like i can't pull it off. sometimes if i don't powder i feel like i get a little too oily. Plus one of my staff once said that i looked like i;d just applied moisturiser! not cool!!

Copperhead

see i love the look of dewey skin too but feel like i can't pull it off. sometimes if i don't powder i feel like i get a little too oily. Plus one of my staff once said that i looked like i;d just applied moisturiser! not cool!!
girlhaha.gif