MAC - Electroflash Discussion

rocking chick

After months of waiting, ElectroFlash & Sonic Chic is finally launch today!!! Here is my haul
smiles.gif

IMG_0936.jpg

rocking chick

Thank you
smiles.gif
I love this collection but have not LOVE it yet.

Favourite of the bunch is Odd Couple, Sea & Sky and Hot Contrast (which I already got backups of). Might have to go back for more Odd Couple and Hot Contrast.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
After months of waiting, ElectroFlash & Sonic Chic is finally launch today!!! Here is my haul
smiles.gif

Wow! That's quite a shopping spree!
yes.gif

darkishstar

Ahhhh, I'm lemming a 2nd Hot Contrast. I hate myself.

Does anyone find the MES to be a TAD irritating to the eyes? I find my left eye just can't stop watering in the corner when I use any of my MES. I think the fine mineral particles get in my eyes.

darkishstar

Wow! 3 back-ups!
Well, even with Earthly Riches... Play-On-Plums... and Hot Contrast.. the same tearing up happens to me..
ssad.gif
but very little.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking chick
Hot Contrast is fine on my eyes, no irritation so far. I love Hot Contrast too and had got 3 backups for it.

Gosh, I thought I was seeing double in your haul pic
th_LMAO.gif

Niiiiiiice
thmbup.gif
Enjoy everything

abbyquack

I definitely just got my electroflash MES - sea and sky, fresh green mix and hot contrast! Finally, I know!

Sea and Sky - The darker blue is bright and intense, but as for the lighter veined blue, it feels like I am looking for a bright blue-green-aqua, and keep thinking I've found it, but it's always off a bit- The lighter color is pretty, but it is a gray blue, almost akin to the blues in Silversmith MES from holiday 07. We'll see how much I end up using this blue e/s.

Fresh Green Mix- Sadly I only got a small speck of dark green in the vein part, so pretty much the entire MES is this lime green. It's pretty, goes on nice and frosty, but I would've liked it if I had gotten more forest green.

Hot Contrast- This one came shattered, so like the good MAC we love, they are shipping me another one. But from what I can still use, there is a decent amt of red and a beautiful, intense, rich red it is! I can tell I'll be using this one a lot!!

rocking chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Gosh, I thought I was seeing double in your haul pic
th_LMAO.gif

Niiiiiiice
thmbup.gif
Enjoy everything

That pic is the 1st day of my haul
smiles.gif
I haul 3 days continously, so now my Electroflash collection is much bigger. I should take a pic and post here
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Geez, rocking chick...did ya clear them out, lol?! Great haul!!

I ended up getting Hot Contrast, thanks to some enablers *cough* elegant-one *cough*. I told my MA that I wanted one where the melange side would look more "purple-y", so the blend of my melange is mostly pink and grey. I can't wait to try it out!

rocking chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Geez, rocking chick...did ya clear them out, lol?! Great haul!!

I ended up getting Hot Contrast, thanks to some enablers *cough* elegant-one *cough*. I told my MA that I wanted one where the melange side would look more "purple-y", so the blend of my melange is mostly pink and grey. I can't wait to try it out!

I use my mineralize e/s every single day, think I will use up quite fast
smiles.gif
But for some of my backups I bought them for collection purpose, which means I will never use them.

Yeah Hot Contrast is indeed very beautiful. I LOVE THE RED in it. The black is also very nice, a 100% true black!!! But I can't find a piece with mostly reds,like the one being posted few pages back.

Susanne

After seeing MES Trio Outspoken from Red She Said in the swatch thread today I have been strong and passed Play on Plums on the counter today
greengrin.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
After seeing MES Trio Outspoken from Red She Said in the swatch thread today I have been strong and passed Play on Plums on the counter today
greengrin.gif

Erm...I missed something!! *heads off to Red She Said swatches*

Miss QQ

Electroflash is finally launched yesterday over here. I was at the mall to play with them today and thanks to everyone here I have more or less make up my mind on what to get. I like Odd Couple and Fresh Green Mix but I decided not to get them because I saw the small sparkles and fear that I'll get eye irritation from the fallouts, mentioned by darkishstar. Fast Thrill is a very lovely pink but it is too frosty for me to wear often. Mellow Mood is a nice natural colour that I can wear daily but I have several of those already. Culture Clash is too light and bright for me while Major Minor is too frosty. I ended up buying Sonic Vibe only. I think it will go with every look!

Wow! I just saw the Outspoken Trio in Red She Said swatches (after reading Susanne's post) and it is pretty! Maybe I'll get that MES in that collection...
yes.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Electroflash is finally launched yesterday over here. I was at the mall to play with them today and thanks to everyone here I have more or less make up my mind on what to get. I like Odd Couple and Fresh Green Mix but I decided not to get them because I saw the small sparkles and fear that I'll get eye irritation from the fallouts, mentioned by darkishstar. Fast Thrill is a very lovely pink but it is too frosty for me to wear often. Mellow Mood is a nice natural colour that I can wear daily but I have several of those already. Culture Clash is too light and bright for me while Major Minor is too frosty. I ended up buying Sonic Vibe only. I think it will go with every look!

Wow! I just saw the Outspoken Trio in Red She Said swatches (after reading Susanne's post) and it is pretty! Maybe I'll get that MES in that collection...
yes.gif

It could just be me though. I don't hear other people complaining about this, so I suggest you give them a try. I'm usually not sensitive or allergic to ANY eyeshadow at all, so it just surprised me a little that this happened to me with the MES.

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
It could just be me though. I don't hear other people complaining about this, so I suggest you give them a try. I'm usually not sensitive or allergic to ANY eyeshadow at all, so it just surprised me a little that this happened to me with the MES.

Actually, I think I noticed a little bit of irritation as well, but only with one or two and I honestly can't remember which one(s). Definitely not Fresh Green Mix or Sea & Sky, it might've been with Odd Couple. It didn't last though, so I'm guessing it was just some initial fall out. I did however take Odd Couple back because I just couldn't get it to work.

abbyquack

How is everyone wearing Sea and Sky? I thought it would be pretty but with NC 20 skin and blue eyes, perhaps I don't have the right coloration for this combo. It is reminding me too much of when blue eyeshadow was popular in the eighties!! hmm...