MAC - Electroflash Discussion

coachkitten

I am nw15 and I have been wearing sea & sky a lot in the crease with the mixed side all over the lid. I have worn the mono side once all over the lid with carbon in the crease when I was going out but I wouldn't use that for everyday.

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Does anyone find the MES to be a TAD irritating to the eyes? I find my left eye just can't stop watering in the corner when I use any of my MES. I think the fine mineral particles get in my eyes.

Yes!!! I thought that I was just imagining things but I tested it. I'm not sensitive to anything normally but I notice that when I wear the MES that my eyes start watering like crazy which makes it an absolute pain to apply eyeliner and finish up my makeup... As long as that's the only reaction and my eyes are not falling out I'm not gonna stop wearing them though hehe :p

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
How is everyone wearing Sea and Sky? I thought it would be pretty but with NC 20 skin and blue eyes, perhaps I don't have the right coloration for this combo. It is reminding me too much of when blue eyeshadow was popular in the eighties!! hmm...

I have been wearing mine as follows:
Marbled side (1/3 lid), Royal blue Side (2/3 lid), Meet the Fleet in V and Outer Crease, White frost on Tear ducts (to open up eye), blended brown on inner crease (brown girl complexsion, going on here).

Be prepared though, women will be sneaking looks at you all day, happened to me today, and I usually don't notice these things, so it was obvious.
Good luck with the look you come up with, because this duo is
th_DANCE.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Actually, I think I noticed a little bit of irritation as well, but only with one or two and I honestly can't remember which one(s). Definitely not Fresh Green Mix or Sea & Sky, it might've been with Odd Couple. It didn't last though, so I'm guessing it was just some initial fall out. I did however take Odd Couple back because I just couldn't get it to work.

Yeah! Maybe it's just the few colors I got, but maybe it's purple colors, which is sad because I adore the purple like Earthly Riches... Play on Plums.. and Hot Contrast DOES count as purple you know? I need to play with Mi'lady again because I don't remember if that irritated my eyes or not..

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite

Yes!!! I thought that I was just imagining things but I tested it. I'm not sensitive to anything normally but I notice that when I wear the MES that my eyes start watering like crazy which makes it an absolute pain to apply eyeliner and finish up my makeup... As long as that's the only reaction and my eyes are not falling out I'm not gonna stop wearing them though hehe :p

My eyes don't water like CRAZY, but the corners of my eyes like to leak a few tears and they calm down I think when the tearing finally washes out the particles. But yeah.. it really sucks.. it pretty much destroys the corner of my eyes.. it's better when I don't put the color in the corner of my eyes..

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
How is everyone wearing Sea and Sky? I thought it would be pretty but with NC 20 skin and blue eyes, perhaps I don't have the right coloration for this combo. It is reminding me too much of when blue eyeshadow was popular in the eighties!! hmm...

I wear the blue color in the crease.

rocking chick

I got a problem with Two to Glow mes. The orange mono part does not seems to show up much on my lids, I tried using painterly and bare study paint pot. Is there any ways to make the orange pop? Any paint pots / rmh to recommend for this duo? Thanks
smiles.gif

macedout

i used 2 to glow mes yesterday w/indianwood pp underneath ( on my lid to crease) and this pp popped the orange side mes like crazy, try it!

clwkerric

Lately I Have been using my solid side of Hot Contrast as eye liner with everything. I'm really lovin it!
Especially with my starflash shadows... It looks great ... A nice soft but dark line it makes.

BrowneyedBeauty

I got my first MES(Hot Contrast) and I absolutely love it! I'm NW15 and I'm trying to decide which of the following I should get if I only pick 2. Please tell me what you think!
Pink Split, Odd Couple, Love Connection, Play on Plums

imperfectbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowneyedBeauty
I got my first MES(Hot Contrast) and I absolutely love it! I'm NW15 and I'm trying to decide which of the following I should get if I only pick 2. Please tell me what you think!

if your comfortable with wearing a bit of color get odd couple the purple is gorgeous!!

i would suggest play on plums or pink split for one of the other ones. once again depends on your preference but i would probably say get play on plums. that's quite pretty as well.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowneyedBeauty

Get Odd Couple and Play-on-Plums. You sound like me. I ADORE Hot Contrast and Play-on-Plums. And I'm still lemming Odd Couple as well.. but I have no money.
ssad.gif

Moxy

I'm gonna go to the counter here in UK on Sunday, they better still have them!! I was going to pass on these but I've changed my mind after seeing the swatches for 100th time and something went CLICK in my head
th_LMAO.gif

(plus finding 20 pounds in my bag that I thought I lost helped loads).

I really like Play on Plums and Love Connection
drools.gif
(I have too many blues and greens to justify getting Sea&Sky and Fresh Green Mix).
I also dig Major Minor and Cultureclash lipglasses and Fast Thrill lipstick. No idea what I'm gonna do, I'll see if they still have anything and then decide on the spot.

Moxy

Yeah I'm almost 100% I'm getting Major Minor - if they have it...I'm getting my hopes up because it hasn't been a month yet since the collection is out, so they might still have the products. And i'll try to B2M for Fast Thrill lipstick heehee!

darkishstar

Yes yes, seconding Major Minor! I love it! It's like.. my first brown gloss. =) And it's gorgeous! The lipglasses that came out with this collection really are fantastic with the PEARL in them!

Karen_B

I just got back from a long trip to the US, where I bought a LOT of makeup, including Pink Split and Play on Plums. I can't wait to play with them tomorrow! I think POP will look really nice with Raven kohl power, which I got from the Starflash collection.

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
Yes yes, seconding Major Minor! I love it! It's like.. my first brown gloss. =) And it's gorgeous! The lipglasses that came out with this collection really are fantastic with the PEARL in them!

It'll be my first brown gloss as well! I really can't wait, thanks for your info
thmbup.gif

VERY nice avatar by the way
winkiss.gif

juaini

I cannot believe what just happened. MAC in Malaysia has just released the Electroflash/Sonic Chic collection AND the Starflash collection ON THE SAME DAY. And this is after I went there last week to ask about the Electroflash release date... they said October, duh! I have fallen in love with Polar Opposite, Hot Contrast, Pink Split and Smoke and Diamonds (didn't swatch anything else lest I fall for those too!) but I am forced to choose only two if I want to have enough money to eat till next pay day.

The marbled side of PO and HC are almost exactly the same (from the testers on the display). I swatched Electra and Silver Ring next to PO and watched as both slowly turn decidedly blueish while PO stayed stolidly silver. Therefore I foresee buying PO since a true silver is hard to find. I can always get Carbon if and when I need a black... besides I already have Print and hardly use it. The marbled side is gorgeous! Swatched next to Satin Taupe, marbled PO is clearly grayer and plummier, ST is bronzier. S&D comes at the perfect time because I've been shopping for a grey, and this one is warm enough that it doesn't turn blue on me!

I am also interested in the dark blue Starflash but I'm not too worried because it seems like a dupe for Submarine and Blue Flame, and they still have those at the counter. Deep Truth is not available in Malaysia.

I am getting all excited just talking about it. I will probably go right back downstairs and buy PO and S&D after work today. There is a good and bad side of working in an office in the Petronas Twin Towers LOL. Having a shopping mall right underneath your office is a real challenge for us girls and my boss agrees!

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by juaini
I cannot believe what just happened. MAC in Malaysia has just released the Electroflash/Sonic Chic collection AND the Starflash collection ON THE SAME DAY.

Aww that sucks
thmbdn.gif
I hope you do manage to get at least something from each collection though /hug