MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

Vandekamp

Aww, thanks hun! That is so thoughtful of you
th_kiss.gif

Funny, I just got of the phone with the assistant to Mr. Nordstrom
th_roll1.gif
who called me about the order situation. Here's the scoop. The orders being shipped from the new PA warehouse were being HAND sorted. packed etc. which the corporate people told them was archaic (ummm, yes!) So because of my call
girlhaha.gif
they shut it down to implement the new machine system AND to have a meeting with the CS people that they should NOT being telling customers like me that this is normal....because it is not. I'm like, I know that because I order so much to which he replied...yes, you are a Nordies girl
greengrin.gif
I said I hope you can get it resolved with the holidays coming. He was very very nice & transparent about it.

I guess it only involved a very small percentage of orders - you & me
lol.gif
When Noah talks or is upset everyone listens, including Mr. Nordstrom. You rock Nordies girl.
pompom.gif

elegant-one

When Noah talks or is upset everyone listens, including Mr. Nordstrom. You rock Nordies girl.
pompom.gif
girlhaha.gif
Actually, they were quite grateful that I made them aware of some issues. Weird...why wouldn't they know???

Oh, I also suggested that they try something like Sephora's 2 day Flash shipping
th_thdeadea.gif
They liked the idea but who knows if they will do it.

Vandekamp

girlhaha.gif
Actually, they were quite grateful that I made them aware of some issues. Weird...why wouldn't they know???

Oh, I also suggested that they try something like Sephora's 2 day Flash shipping
th_thdeadea.gif
They liked the idea but who knows if they will do it.
I am glad that you suggested that idea to them. *fingers crossed*

msvluvsmac

Aww, thanks hun! That is so thoughtful of you :kiss: Funny, I just got of the phone with the assistant to Mr. Nordstrom :roflmao: who called me about the order situation. Here's the scoop. The orders being shipped from the new PA warehouse were being HAND sorted. packed etc. which the corporate people told them was archaic (ummm, yes!) So because of my call :haha: they shut it down to implement the new machine system AND to have a meeting with the CS people that they should NOT being telling customers like me that this is normal....because it is not. I'm like, I know that because I order so much to which he replied...yes, you are a Nordies girl :D I said I hope you can get it resolved with the holidays coming. He was very very nice & transparent about it. I guess it only involved a very small percentage of orders - you & me :lol:
Wow! Talk about having connections. Lol. That's awesome that they even took the time to talk you. I really like their customer service.

Vandekamp

Wow! Talk about having connections. Lol. That's awesome that they even took the time to talk you. I really like their customer service.
Nordstroms has the best customer service. It's kinda strange that a company like Macys has elected to not model itself after Nordstroms.

elegant-one

Nordstroms has the best customer service. It's kinda strange that a company like Macys has elected to not model itself after Nordstroms.
Macy's
ohboy.gif
I NEVER order from them online & rarely buy in their stores.

Yes, Nordstrom has always been great. I love that they listen & act

BrittLuvsMakeup

Nordstrom called me a few minutes ago to update me on the status of my order and to confirm that they were shipping it out and unfortunately, they had to remove OD from my order because they are fulfilling phone orders in the order in which they were received and they did not have any left by the time they tried to fulfill my order. Fortunately, I was able to obtain one when it was available on MAC's website, however, had they not guaranteed that I would receive it, I would have taken advantage of the other opportunities I had to get a second one. However, the fact that I already had a dupe for OD and that there are several other dupes that are easily accessible, I'm not too disappointed about it. I am still getting SOG and ER, which are more unique to my collection.

Vandekamp

Nordstrom called me a few minutes ago to update me on the status of my order and to confirm that they were shipping it out and unfortunately, they had to remove OD from my order because they are fulfilling phone orders in the order in which they were received and they did not have any left by the time they tried to fulfill my order. Fortunately, I was able to obtain one when it was available on MAC's website, however, had they not guaranteed that I would receive it, I would have taken advantage of the other opportunities I had to get a second one. However, the fact that I already had a dupe for OD and that there are several other dupes that are easily accessible, I'm not too disappointed about it. I am still getting SOG and ER, which are more unique to my collection.
I am sorry to hear that Nordstroms over promised and under delivered with regards to Oh Darling. A couple of other folks have reported the same thing. I hope you can catch a restock.

NaomiH

Aww, thanks hun! That is so thoughtful of you :kiss: Funny, I just got of the phone with the assistant to Mr. Nordstrom :roflmao: who called me about the order situation. Here's the scoop. The orders being shipped from the new PA warehouse were being HAND sorted. packed etc. which the corporate people told them was archaic (ummm, yes!) So because of my call :haha: they shut it down to implement the new machine system AND to have a meeting with the CS people that they should NOT being telling customers like me that this is normal....because it is not. I'm like, I know that because I order so much to which he replied...yes, you are a Nordies girl :D I said I hope you can get it resolved with the holidays coming. He was very very nice & transparent about it. I guess it only involved a very small percentage of orders - you & me :lol:
Elegant getting them notes again :lol:

pinkcrush

I have Bittersweet (lipstick and liner). It's okay. Definitely not my favorite. I hope you love it though.
I have Blackmail and Menace and I like the formula... I'm curious why Bitersweet didn't do it for u!? I also have Nars Angela which is more pinky. Buxom has a new gel matte pinky purple but I can't remember the name sorry!

Vandekamp

I have Blackmail and Menace and I like the formula... I'm curious why Bitersweet didn't do it for u!?
I guess I would have preferred for it to lean a bit more on the purple side. I like Blackmail. However for me I tend to use a lip liner to thin it out so you can see more of the plum. I have the lip liner as well and I love it. I don't have Menance.

Corally

Ugh I really thought that Douglas would release the collection today. Set my alarm every 10 minutes and no collection. I'm so tired now. And a couple of days ago I said I wouldn't want a cp if I'm not able to get ER but I'll take that back. I NEED a cp if I'm gonna miss ER. I want it so badly. I even want to buy it on a Dutch equivalent of eBay for a higher price so yeah.

rockin

It's funny how a lipstick can look so different on people. I've just received my order, and have tried on Evening Rendezvous. On me, it's very much a red purple, and about as dark as I dare go with my colouring. Today is one of those rare days when my skin has a bit of colour, but on others it's paler and I wouldn't wear this lipstick on those days.

BrittLuvsMakeup

I am sorry to hear that Nordstroms over promised and under delivered with regards to Oh Darling. A couple of other folks have reported the same thing. I hope you can catch a restock.
Thank you. The woman who contacted me was very apologetic about the situation and said that they did their best to try to obtain it from other Nordstroms all over the continental U.S and Puerto Rico but it was sold out everywhere. I would have been very disappointed had I relied on them solely, especially after being called back some time after I placed the preorder (after the store launch date) that I would be guaranteed the items, which gave me the impression that they had already been holding it for me. As this is my first experience placing a phone order, I would probably not do it again moving forward unless it was my last resort. I will be on the lookout for a restock though.

Latest posts