MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

Honi

Dang my stuff showed up quickly, I really love OD and ER is what I'd call an "everyday purple".

Vandekamp

Ladies, please don't sleep on the pink lip bag. The lip liner and lipstick are gorgeous and pretty unique being that you'd assume it's just another pink lipstick but trust me...it looks nothing like Pink Nouvea, Snob, Girl About Town, or any of the other pinks in the current permanent collection. I don't know how to quite describe it but this pink leans purple and ugh just beautiful. The lipglass though is whatever lol.
I love pink purples.

Miss Dynamite

With the pink lip bag, I really like Goodbye Kiss and Frozen dream together...but Just Wonderful looks pretty weird with it, imo. It makes the lipstick look like this weird shade of warm red pink. I usually use Just Wonderful with red or purple lipsticks, looks much better that way. I'm confused why they didn't put a more pinkish or purplish liner in this bag, maybe Magenta, Hip N Happy or Heroine.

Sweetyellow

I love pink purples.
The pink lip bag is for you, just forget about the lipglass.
[COLOR=CC99FF]With the pink lip bag, I really like Goodbye Kiss and Frozen dream together...but Just Wonderful looks pretty weird with it, imo.  It makes the lipstick look like this weird shade of warm red pink.  I usually use Just Wonderful with red or purple lipsticks, looks much better that way.  I'm confused why they didn't put a more pinkish or purplish liner in this bag, maybe Magenta, Hip N Happy or Heroine.[/COLOR]
I can see how girls below NC35 wouldn't like the lip pencil and love the lipglass as the lip pencil deepens the lipstick and the lipglass lightens the purple tones of the lipstick so that its a lot more wearable for you gals. Personally, I think the lipglass is useless, it somehow transforms the lipstick and lip pencil into a frosty combo circa the year 2000.

MissTania

Ladies, please don't sleep on the pink lip bag. The lip liner and lipstick are gorgeous and pretty unique being that you'd assume it's just another pink lipstick but trust me...it looks nothing like Pink Nouvea, Snob, Girl About Town, or any of the other pinks in the current permanent collection. I don't know how to quite describe it but this pink leans purple and ugh just beautiful. The lipglass though is whatever lol.
Totally agree!! This is a very unique shade and I am glad I got a BU. I don't love Just Wonderful though. I haven't even tried the gloss!

poodle649

Has anyone Brush Kit Essentials? Worth it?
I actually just ordered two from Macy's. I liked the tester and think it will be a good gift for my little sister. The second one may end up in my travel bag, but I'm also eyeing a brush set from Sephora for the VIB sale. We shall see which of the two makes my final cut when I have them both in hand to compare.

Prettypackages

Has anyone Brush Kit Essentials? Worth it?

Quote: Originally Posted by poodle649

I actually just ordered two from Macy's. I liked the tester and think it will be a good gift for my little sister. The second one may end up in my travel bag, but I'm also eyeing a brush set from Sephora for the VIB sale. We shall see which of the two makes my final cut when I have them both in hand to compare.
I've been wondering about the brush sets too. I want some for travel.

LauraLara

I agree, I got the pink lip bag and GK is really unique. I don't have any other lipstick quite that color. its like blue barbie colored like saint germain, but dark and muted like a more wearable color, and it has a little violet like up the amp. But it's still very much a pink. I don't know how to describe it except that it's unique and I'm glad I got it!

Vandekamp

Ok, I'm sold. I need to order this and Pillow Talk.

I've been wondering about the brush sets too. I want some for travel.
poke.gif
Yes you do, ma'am.

Seven Of Nine

Thank you
bouquet.gif

elegant-one

It's been 5 days & Nordies hasn't even shipped my pink lip bag
ssad.gif
I called CS but they keep giving me the same story - its shipping from the new warehouse & they are still getting accustomed to shipping
huh2.gif

Vandekamp

It's been 5 days & Nordies hasn't even shipped my pink lip bag
ssad.gif
I called CS but they keep giving me the same story - its shipping from the new warehouse & they are still getting accustomed to shipping
huh2.gif
Don't feel bad. It's been 9 days and I still have not received my Oh Darling, Shaft of Gold, ER and DS lipstick from the Mac Pro store in Miami. I could have driven there and back to my house eight times.
censored.gif
Never again.

SleepingBeauty

So, as I've said before, the launch of this collection was/is a mess. It has launched on three online shops in Germany with two to go. It'll be released in stores on Monday and people are going crazy. There's so much in stock in the US but in Europe things sell out like crazy within 30 minutes or so. I have to work Monday morning and I'll be making my way to the counter in the afternoon but I'm not getting my hopes up. Luckily, I was able to order Oh, Darling and the pink lip bag online, so the only thing left on my list is Evending Rendezvous although I'm not quite sure if it would suit me. So, if it'll have already sold out by the time I can make it to the counter I'm not going to cry about it. Anyway, I love Oh, Darling. I know it's super golden and maybe not the most flattering highlighter for my cool complexion but I couldn't care less. It's just too pretty.

leonah

Anyway, I love Oh, Darling. I know it's super golden and maybe not the most flattering highlighter for my cool complexion but I couldn't care less. It's just too pretty.
yeah we get too little here over here as well. I called one MAC counter today and they said they are launching it on sunday (and we have a fall vacay week for all the kids this week = more craziness) and the girl on the phone was bitchy and told me they only had 1 single OD and 3 SOG.. I asked her kindly why is that? and she replied rude and told me that she didn't know why and tried to get rid of me on the phone. aghh she and the other MUA have probably taken all of them and also put a lot of them away for their friends.. and they are not allowed to do that when it's LE.

this hunt for OD is too crazy I just hope I can get a hold of one at least. I managed to order 1 SOG online

SleepingBeauty

Quote:Originally Posted by leonah

yeah we get too little here over here as well. I called one MAC counter today and they said they are launching it on sunday (and we have a fall vacay week for all the kids this week = more craziness) and the girl on the phone was bitchy and told me they only had 1 single OD and 3 SOG.. I asked her kindly why is that? and she replied rude and told me that she didn't know why and tried to get rid of me on the phone. aghh she and the other MUA have probably taken all of them and also put a lot of them away for their friends.. and they are not allowed to do that when it's LE.

this hunt for OD is too crazy I just hope I can get a hold of one at least. I managed to order 1 SOG online

I don't know why MAC keeps doing that. If they offered enough they would make way more profit and sell more. The way it is now, people snatch like 3 ODs or something and put them up for sale for 60€ each. I just guess MAC doesn't give a fudge about it. Yes, the sales assistants get LE items for themselves. 'My' MUA has even told me that she wants to get one OD and SOG for herself. I mean, I do get it's kinda unfair but in the end they pay for it just like any other customer. They are just lucky enough to get their hands on the items first. I was in the same situation two years ago when the RiRi holiday collection came out and I was working at Douglas and was able to get BGRR. Hell, that was not funny at all. There's no need to be bitchy to customers, though. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed you get what you want.

leonah

I don't know why MAC keeps doing that. If they offered enough they would make way more profit and sell more. The way it is now, people snatch like 3 ODs or something and put them up for sale for 60€ each. I just guess MAC doesn't give a fudge about it.

Yes, the sales assistants get LE items for themselves. 'My' MUA has even told me that she wants to get one OD and SOG for herself. I mean, I do get it's kinda unfair but in the end they pay for it just like any other customer. They are just lucky enough to get their hands on the items first. I was in the same situation two years ago when the RiRi holiday collection came out and I was working at Douglas and was able to get BGRR. Hell, that was not funny at all. There's no need to be bitchy to customers, though. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed you get what you want.
I know. they would make so much more themselves if they shipped more to the rest of the world too. thank you! I will go on a stalker hunt on sunday and monday ughh.. don't have the energy for this but I need OD since I only own 3 highlighters and none of them are ED ones
amuse.gif
I just hope there's no long line of people waiting for the store to open on sunday.

I'm glad you and 90% of all the lovely specktrettes got what they wanted :D

msvluvsmac

It's been 5 days & Nordies hasn't even shipped my pink lip bag :( I called CS but they keep giving me the same story - its shipping from the new warehouse & they are still getting accustomed to shipping :huh:
Don't feel bad. It's been 9 days and I still have not received my Oh Darling, Shaft of Gold, ER and DS lipstick from the Mac Pro store in Miami. I could have driven there and back to my house eight times. :censored:  Never again. 
That's just crazy! I've noticed that it takes Nordies soooo long to send orders now. I'm in NJ and the warehouse is in PA and it still takes a week. Ridiculous! I can't even imagine what's going to happen the closer we get to the holidays. :( Edit: BTW, I'm glad your feeling better Elegant.

elegant-one

Edit: BTW, I'm glad your feeling better Elegant.
Aww, thanks hun! That is so thoughtful of you
th_kiss.gif

Funny, I just got of the phone with the assistant to Mr. Nordstrom
th_roll1.gif
who called me about the order situation. Here's the scoop. The orders being shipped from the new PA warehouse were being HAND sorted. packed etc. which the corporate people told them was archaic (ummm, yes!) So because of my call
girlhaha.gif
they shut it down to implement the new machine system AND to have a meeting with the CS people that they should NOT being telling customers like me that this is normal....because it is not. I'm like, I know that because I order so much to which he replied...yes, you are a Nordies girl
greengrin.gif
I said I hope you can get it resolved with the holidays coming. He was very very nice & transparent about it.

I guess it only involved a very small percentage of orders - you & me
lol.gif

Latest posts