MAC Faerie Whispers Collection (Dec 23 / 26, 2015)

CrimsonQuill157

Ok so I bought Pearl Sunshine in store. It rang up $26. I look on the site and it's $22. What gives? I might buy on the site and return the one I got in store when I am by the store again on Thursday.

lilinah

That's what I thought... someone in a thread the other day said something like "isn't it nice that MAC is putting out more stock so that there isn't that sellout rush", but I think they haven't really increased stock, they aren't making anything super unique right that people are scrambling for.

At my store, they said the stuff wasn't moving. It wasn't because MAC made more stock, altho maybe they have.

NATlar

My other goodies arrive today... Iridescent Powder in "Sparkling Rose" and MAC Beauty Powder in "Pearl Sunshine" I've started to watermark my mac haul pictures now Instagram as a few I've caught on there have been taken mine and claiming they're theirs haha.

Hope the swatches are fine these powders are beautiful! I'm NC15 casper pale haha!!

mac.png

leonah

My other goodies arrive today... Iridescent Powder in "Sparkling Rose" and MAC Beauty Powder in "Pearl Sunshine" I've started to watermark my mac haul pictures now Instagram as a few I've caught on there have been taken mine and claiming they're theirs haha.

Hope the swatches are fine these powders are beautiful! I'm NC15 casper pale haha!!

View attachment 51016

sparkling rose is really pretty. not sure if I'm going to get pearl sunshine though. what are you going to wear it as? can you wear it as a highlighter too or is it too meh for that?

NATlar

sparkling rose is really pretty. not sure if I'm going to get pearl sunshine though. what are you going to wear it as? can you wear it as a highlighter too or is it too meh for that?

I think it might be a little dark for a highlighter on me so I'll use it as a blush or put it over a matte blush similar to give it some glow/sheen but ofc ill see what it's like as a highlighter and will let you know :p I'm so in love with Sparkling Rose never expected to love it as much as I do!

Last edited:

NATlar

Oh and I also picked up a BU of Among The Fireflies... been wearing it everyday since I got it and I'm in love with this brown lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous!! so I had too haha!!

A sprinkle of magic lipstick is gorgeous I tried it on in store yesterday which felt more of a Cremesheen finish then a frost finish imo... but you can see the metallic finish through it :) never brought it though!

I did get a swatch of it if anyone's interested!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

leonah

I think it might be a little dark for a highlighter on me so I'll use it as a blush or put it over a matte blush similar to give it some glow/sheen but ofc ill see what it's like as a highlighter and will let you know :p I'm so in love with Sparkling Rose never expected to love it as much as I do!

I'm nc25/30 ish so I'm not sure whether to use it as a highlight or blush but I'm not really fond of glittery/sheen blushes except warm soul (mineralize)

leonah

Oh and I also picked up a BU of Among The Fireflies... been wearing it everyday since I got it and I'm in love with this brown lipstick looks absolutely gorgeous!! so I had too haha!!

A sprinkle of magic lipstick is gorgeous I tried it on in store yesterday which felt more of a Cremesheen finish then a frost finish imo... but you can see the metallic finish through it :) never brought it though!

thank you for all of your swatches :D is a sprinkle of magic really similar to nippon? if you got it

NATlar

thank you for all of your swatches :D is a sprinkle of magic really similar to nippon? if you got it

I'm not sure hun I don't have either sorry x

I'm nc25/30 ish so I'm not sure whether to use it as a highlight or blush but I'm not really fond of glittery/sheen blushes except warm soul (mineralize)

You could try either see what you think looks best... I wouldn't say it's glittery but does have a sheen but not as intense as Warm Soul... It's only a little sheen imo!

Last edited:

smileyt06

I loveeeeeee pearl sunshine and ATF, but I returned cheek pollen. It was so pretty searched but didn't show up on my skin. Here is a pic but I had to mix it with Mac coppertone
image.jpeg

filio

Hello everyone first time posting but do lurk I just forgot my password. But I thought soms swatches would ben helpfull bought ATF from this collection (also soms shadows and cheek pollen) and have royally riotous and whirl to compare

Swatches B-T: RR, ATF
View attachment 51024

Swatches B-T: RR, ATF and whirl
View attachment 51025

ATF is lichter, cooler and pinker on my skin (skintone is medium dark with yellow undertones nw 45 in concealer)

I did miss out on the skinfinishes all sold out... Well have more than enough higlighter but I love them.

There was almost no sun today the weather was blah today so this is the best I could.

Last edited:

montREALady

Had to pick up an order at Macy's today so I popped by the MAC counter and swatched Sparkling Rose and ATF. Both gorg. I haven't been in this post (and Specktra!) in forever but those two stood out to me in the display. I didn't even know the collection launched. This new site via mobile pains me.

20160105_131640-1_wm.jpg

20160105_131933-1_wm.jpg

leonah

is ATF similar to creme in your coffee, taupe, whirl etc?

btw for swedes, seeing some faerie items popping up on kicks site. but only seeing midsummer night, gossamer wing, spellbinder for now :)

Last edited:

NATlar

is ATF similar to creme in your coffee, taupe, whirl etc?

btw for swedes, seeing some faerie items popping up on kicks site. but only seeing midsummer night, gossamer wing, spellbinder for now :)

I don't have any of those shades except for Whirl... I'll swatch them both together when I get in hun! Hopefully someone has them all an can compare them all for you haha but the formula with ATF is a Cremesheen and Whirl is a Matte xx

Prettypackages

Thanks for the swatches Nat!

Had to pick up an order at Macy's today so I popped by the MAC counter and swatched Sparkling Rose and ATF. Both gorg. I haven't been in this post (and Specktra!) in forever but those two stood out to me in the display. I didn't even know the collection launched. This new site via mobile pains me.

View attachment 51052

View attachment 51053
Kinda want ATF now.