MAC Fashion Sets discussion

Pinkdollface

Have you tried different liners to make Runaway Red look more red? I think i'm going back to my counter today to get Red Racer. It's becoming really hard to resist.

MACerette

Have you tried different liners to make Runaway Red look more red? I think i'm going back to my counter today to get Red Racer. It's becoming really hard to resist.
Then you should give in
winks.gif

MRV

Not really because I usually don't fill my lips with a liner (sometimes it burns my lips), but I have to try this when fall comes. Thanks for the tip.

I was going to say: run for RR but you were really quick! Actually I was just thinking that mayby I should get a BU of RR. It's still available and today is my late grandmother's BD. She used to wear a bright red lippie like RR.

Pinkdollface

Not really because I usually don't fill my lips with a liner (sometimes it burns my lips), but I have to try this when fall comes. Thanks for the tip.
I was going to say: run for RR but you were really quick! Actually I was just thinking that mayby I should get a BU of RR. It's still available and today is my late grandmother's BD. She used to wear a bright red lippie like RR.
Could the burning sensation be coming from the lipliner tugging on your lips? If that's the case be sure to put a lipbalm on and let it sink into your lips really well and then blot it. Or use something like prep + prime lip.

If you really like it get a BU! I have so many lippies that i'm trying not to buy BU's anymore, but i do think it's BU worthy.

MRV

Could the burning sensation be coming from the lipliner tugging on your lips? If that's the case be sure to put a lipbalm on and let it sink into your lips really well and then blot it. Or use something like prep + prime lip.

If you really like it get a BU! I have so many lippies that i'm trying not to buy BU's anymore, but i do think it's BU worthy.
I don't think so. The sensation came afterwards. I have a very sensitive skin and dry too, so things happen. I keep experimenting...

I would have gotten the BU already but apparently the MA was on a lunch brake the same time as I!

Pinkdollface

Do you have liners from different brands? Maybe it's some sort of ingredient in the liner that causes the reaction.

Weren't there any other MA's that could help you? I hope you can still get your back up.

BEEaboutmakeup

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your look BEE!!!

The eye make up is so gorgeous
eyelove.gif

And I love Peachstock on you!
Thanks lovebug ^___^. And I only used 2 colors from the same eyeshadow duo! I filmed a tutorial on it, but my camera died on me as I was filming the intro to the video so I'm debating on if I should put it up. The tutorial is done.. I just need an intro! lol

MACina

I would love to see your tutorial!
Thanks lovebug ^___^. And I only used 2 colors from the same eyeshadow duo! I filmed a tutorial on it, but my camera died on me as I was filming the intro to the video so I'm debating on if I should put it up. The tutorial is done.. I just need an intro! lol

Spanky

ur intimidated? You'd look so fierce with the right red lippie! Cockney is a beautiful Lustre. I just got it a couple weeks ago, you could try that or one that is close to Cockney is Ladybug.A lot of people like LB. I'm not sure what the difference in colors that made me choose cockney over ladybug. They are both beautiful. I'm intimidated by bold, fierce pinks
 OK I will get Cockney one day since I have been eyeing on that for awhile as well as Russian Red and Ruby Woo.
Great choices! I know they will look great on you! Need photographic evidence of you going to the red side!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Spanky
What is everyone's #1 red lippie?
heart.gif

#1 - Revlon Velvet Touch Lipstick in "Moonlit Wine" (Frost 43), semi-matte plum red with gold shimmer

It was discontinued about 10 years ago. I'm not a matte lipstick guy, but the gold shimmer keeps it from looking flat and dead. My tube still seems good, so i wear it every once in a while, but i dread using it up.

Trying to replace it, i ended up with MAC "New York Apple", the closest color i could find. What makes "Moonlit Wine" work for me is the contrast of cool plum red with warm shimmer - my skin's between warm and cool toned, so it works both sides perfectly - whereas "New York Apple" lacks golden warmth, being plum-red with pink frost.

I own several other reds - including classic Revlon "Fire & Ice", L'Oreal "British Red" (supposedly a "neutral" balanced red), Kat von D "Adora" (lovely metallic finish) - but think i look awful in nearly all of them. The other reds i don't hate and sometimes wear, besides "New York Apple", are:
-- Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss in "All About Me" (06), highly gold/copper frosted dark red (i hate the fruity scent, and "glitzy glamour" is such a cheesy product name!)
-- MUFE Lab Shine Metal Chrome Lip gloss in "M10", metallic morello cherry.
I recently discovered that an old boy friend actually likes red lipstick, so sometimes i wear red to humor him.

I was a kid in the 1950's when nearly all women wore red, 'cuz that was pretty much all there was, and most didn't really pick a red that looked good with their skin tone, so i saw a surfeit of women looking bad in red lipstick, as well as nuthin' but red in movies and magazines. Fortunately the mid- to late 60s brought in other lip colors.

In the late '60s and early '70s when i was wearing actual 1920s & '30s dresses, as well as fashion inspired by those periods, i tried to find a red i could stand and failed utterly. Instead i opted for dark plum-purples and dark browns.

Latest posts