MAC Fashion Sets discussion

MACerette

heat.gif

Audrey C

I'm trying to like Spice & GAT. GAT just does NOT work for me, I'm so annoyed that I thought it looked good enough on me to actually wear n public!?! & like most of the other fair skinned maidens here I'm just trying to make the Spice work, perhaps for it's a nice Fall color & we'll all fall for it.
I'm in the same boat. I bought GAT l/g this week and I'm having trouble warming up to it. It's not just the brightness, because I'll do VG1 or Sail La Vie without missing a beat. I know that cold tones aren't great for me, but I can sometimes pull off strong ones (royal blue, etc). I bought this but even when thinly applied with a finger, it's just jarring. Even my husband and kids (who don't notice or say a word about my makeup) either mentioned that they don't like it (blunt teenage boy) or that they like autumn colours on me better (husband and daughter). Unprompted. I'm having better luck with a sheer wash of More to Love lip liner with lust over it to warm it just a bit. I'll wear that occasionally.

Spice looks good for me, but the GAT purchase was a mistake. I thought at first that I just needed to get used to the pink, but that's not the problem. It's just not flattering. Hardly a tragedy, but it's confirmation that I should stick to warm undertones. Gorgeous colour, just not on me.

Spanky

Is Port Red perm? I dont think I've ever seen any pix. I just bought Heartless at a CCO
I'm in the same boat. I bought GAT l/g this week and I'm having trouble warming up to it. It's not just the brightness, because I'll do VG1 or Sail La Vie without missing a beat. I know that cold tones aren't great for me, but I can sometimes pull off strong ones (royal blue, etc). I bought this but even when thinly applied with a finger, it's just jarring. Even my husband and kids (who don't notice or say a word about my makeup) either mentioned that they don't like it (blunt teenage boy) or that they like autumn colours on me better (husband and daughter). Unprompted. I'm having better luck with a sheer wash of More to Love lip liner with lust over it to warm it just a bit. I'll wear that occasionally. Spice looks good for me, but the GAT purchase was a mistake. I thought at first that I just needed to get used to the pink, but that's not the problem. It's just not flattering. Hardly a tragedy, but it's confirmation that I should stick to warm undertones. Gorgeous colour, just not on me.
Audrey. We r on the same path! I want some nice, wearable pinks & nudes (heaven forbid I mention a bold purple) in my stash...I put Gesina on right after GAT & it looked so much better on me. I'm not sure what it had more or less of, but it looked so much better than GAT. Another one bites the dust! No sweat about it tho. I know what u mean about brightness & boldness, I can hang I've been doin' it since the 5 th grade but GAT just looked garish on me. I am hoping I can get Red Racer & that SLV will work for me...we'll see. & it's a good thing when the people around u tell u they do or don't like something! That means they're lookin' out 4 u. Have a great weekend w/o GAT. Lol.

Audrey C

Have a great weekend w/o GAT. Lol.
I love the bright pinks, I can't can't pull them off. My 10 year-old is heavily coveting that l/g. I let her wear it for a performance this week but she doesn't quite seem to get that it's not a Bonne Bell Lip Smacker she can wear to school. LOL

My version of nudes is warm medium neutrals - Mocha has been my favourite for probably 15 years. I recently got Twig and Brave - both are pinky/brown on me, with Brave leaning more towards pink. My new love is Kinda Sexy - it's my lightest lippie and a good nude look. I wear it with Nice N Spicy liner.

I just tried GAT again very thinly applied with my finger (think Tendertone pigmentation). It's not too bad this way; I'm sure it wouldn't take me more than four or five years to use it up this way!

As for purples, LOOOOOOOOOVE them. I tried on Rebel because I just had to. No. Just no. I'll have to stick to purple e/s.

Spanky

Audrey. We r on the same path! I want some nice, wearable pinks
I love the bright pinks, I can't can't pull them off. My 10 year-old is heavily coveting that l/g. I let her wear it for a performance this week but she doesn't quite seem to get that it's not a Bonne Bell Lip Smacker she can wear to school. LOL My version of nudes is warm medium neutrals - Mocha has been my favourite for probably 15 years. I recently got Twig and Brave - both are pinky/brown on me, with Brave leaning more towards pink. My new love is Kinda Sexy - it's my lightest lippie and a good nude look. I wear it with Nice N Spicy liner. I just tried GAT again very thinly applied with my finger (think Tendertone pigmentation). It's not too bad this way; I'm sure it wouldn't take me more than four or five years to use it up this way! As for purples, LOOOOOOOOOVE them. I tried on Rebel because I just had to. No. Just no. I'll have to stick to purple e/s.
Did u like Rebel? That's another one that I bought & loved in the store but when I got home I was wondering what was I thinking??? This from the girl who used to sport Film Noir like nobodies business. Thanks for the Nude-ish LS recs. I'm going to check them out. Like I said with GAT, Gesina worked so much better for me. It was from the Marcel Wanders 1st collection. I got it at the CCO about a month ago, I would try & get u one but they no longer have it at mine. I will have to try ur method of applying GAT. I bet ur daughter loves playing with ur makeup. If only my mom sported crazy pinks. Her go to for years was really dark brown w/ a slight tinge of red color by Clinique, but she still sports red lips & she's worse than I am about eyeliner, whenever I wear one, she's like I gotta get that. She can do a cat eye with her hands tied behind her back, always has been able to, perfect every time, I'm still very jealous about this!

LMD84

i'm super excited that a special someone has bought girl about town gloss for me! i cannot wait for it to arrive now! :) yay!!!

kimibos

so here's the story:
about 2 weeks ago I ordered razzledazzler l/s x2, but i got a backorder email. so since that had never happen to me i emailed them, and asked them if they were going to have a restock or what. if i was gonna get the lippies in two weeks like the email said, if i had to cancelled my order. blah blah blah (i didnt want to sound desperate but i could help myself
wacko.gif
) they told me that they were going to do everything they could to get my order in 2 weeks. so i decided not to cancel it and guess what??? i got my lippies yesterday!!! im sooo happy they were probably in the mail since friday but i had a " icantgetoutofbedday" and didnt check.
cheerleader.gif
i totally love it!!! its flamingos peachy bother. my poor flamingo is already dying. if you got it, have you tried it with lasting sensation l/l? if not do so its a nice combination.

ladies do not cancel those backorders, you may get lucky like i did!!
nanaparty.gif

LMD84

so here's the story:
about 2 weeks ago I ordered razzledazzler l/s x2, but i got a backorder email. so since that had never happen to me i emailed them, and asked them if they were going to have a restock or what. if i was gonna get the lippies in two weeks like the email said, if i had to cancelled my order. blah blah blah (i didnt want to sound desperate but i could help myself
wacko.gif
) they told me that they were going to do everything they could to get my order in 2 weeks. so i decided not to cancel it and guess what??? i got my lippies yesterday!!! im sooo happy they were probably in the mail since friday but i had a " icantgetoutofbedday" and didnt check.
cheerleader.gif
i totally love it!!! its flamingos peachy bother. my poor flamingo is already dying. if you got it, have you tried it with lasting sensation l/l? if not do so its a nice combination.

ladies do not cancel those backorders, you may get lucky like i did!!
nanaparty.gif
woo hoo! happy you managed to bag them! :)

mac_aiken

I am debating on picking up Snob l/s. I am NW15/N2 leaning more neutral with red hair and green eyes. I bought this for my daughter who is NW18 blonde/blue and it looks gorgeous on her. My lips are more pigmented/red than hers and I am worried it won't look right.

Opinions?

GlamQueen21

Guess what! Razzledazzler l/g, Spice l/s, Rebel l/g, and Myth l/g are listed as COMING SOON! Sadly, Razzledazzler l/s and Saint Germain l/g are still listed as SOLD OUT.

BEEaboutmakeup

I went out for dinner with my boyfriend tonight. Here's what Impassioned lipstick and the matching lipglass looks like on me. I really think the Impassioned set is a sleeper. It's super underrated. I hope more people check this set out! It's a gorgeous shade, and I can see this working on so many skin tones. I like it because it's a warm, pinky red. The FOTN and list of products used are on my blog.

LMD84

impassioned is one of my favourite pink lipsticks! personally i think everyone should have it to wear during the summer months!

Pinkdollface

impassioned is one of my favourite pink lipsticks! personally i think everyone should have it to wear during the summer months!
Maybe i'll get it saturday. I'm going to cologne and in germany they have B2M so i can finally get some free lippies! I'm just not sure what to get. I can go to the pro store there so i even get to chose from the pro lippie line. Any suggestions? I think i can get 3 or 4 lippies.

Knope2012

I'll probably pick up Impassioned l/g next paycheck. I haven't opened my GAT or Rebel lipglasses because I want to use up some other first, but didn't want to miss out. Spice looks good on me but I can't see myself reaching for it a lot. I just prefer bright lips.