MAC Fashion Sets discussion

Sugarpeach84

Well, I received my replacement Razzler Dazzler lipglass today and I opened it up to smell it and its the same play-doh meets burnt crayon smell that my original one had. I asked them if it is something with the pigments and what I should do about it. They are launching an inquiry and said they will get back to me in 24-48 hours and to hold on to the lipglass until then. I hope that I can get another one! I love the color but I can't stand to put it on my lips with that smell!
throwup.gif
th_wallbash.gif

OhSoJaded

Well, I received my replacement Razzler Dazzler lipglass today and I opened it up to smell it and its the same play-doh meets burnt crayon smell that my original one had. I asked them if it is something with the pigments and what I should do about it. They are launching an inquiry and said they will get back to me in 24-48 hours and to hold on to the lipglass until then. I hope that I can get another one! I love the color but I can't stand to put it on my lips with that smell!
throwup.gif
th_wallbash.gif
I haven't even opened my RazzlerDazzler l/g yet. I should probably check it out when I get home, just in case.

CartoonChic

throwup.gif
th_wallbash.gif
Yeah, I'm thinking something may be defective with the shade. I contacted someone on MAC chat about mine not having any scent, but I think I need to call. I was given a number to a department, but the info disappeared when I ended the chat session. Richer, Lusher CSG may be the same shade. I have to check again to make sure. It could be a replacement for Razzlerdazzler l/g and I like the formula better. It's not as sticky. The new Cremesheen+Pearl CSGs could possibly have a similar color as well.

Sugarpeach84

Thanks CartoonChic! So far no call from MAC yet. I'm thinking something is defective with the shade too. Its funny because I actually wanted to lipstick instead of the lipglass from the collection but it was all sold out by the time I got online to purchase it. Maybe when they call back I'll ask and see if they have any of the lippy's available. I'll ask about Richer, Lusher CSG and the Creemsheen + Pearl glosses. Thank you so much for a recommendation!
clapping.gif

CartoonChic

Thanks CartoonChic! So far no call from MAC yet. I'm thinking something is defective with the shade too. Its funny because I actually wanted to lipstick instead of the lipglass from the collection but it was all sold out by the time I got online to purchase it. Maybe when they call back I'll ask and see if they have any of the lippy's available. I'll ask about Richer, Lusher CSG and the Creemsheen + Pearl glosses. Thank you so much for a recommendation!
clapping.gif
Happy to help. Your post made me check my own lipglass. I made a mental note to keep an eye on it because of the previous member's post about hers going rancid. I had a feeling something could be wrong when I saw your message. I talked to customer service again this morning. The response I got was that it should still be OK if there's no scent. However, I just checked it again and now it has a plastic smell. Too bad. It's such a pretty a shade. I'm going to MAC today and will swatch Richer, Lusher to confirm if they match. I think I'm going to return mine and will use the refund towards the Marilyn Monroe lipsticks.
th_wink3.gif

honey on boost

Thanks ladies, I was going to order Razzledazzler lipglass but now I think I'm going to skip it. I get nauseous pretty easily so the last thing I need is a stinky L/G on my lips
yucky.gif

tchristi

it is something wrong with this color, i ordered it and it had the same smell, i returned it got a new one and it smelled the same so i returned it also. i am super sure its this shade none of my other lipglass smelled like this.

Sugarpeach84

it is something wrong with this color, i ordered it and it had the same smell, i returned it got a new one and it smelled the same so i returned it also. i am super sure its this shade none of my other lipglass smelled like this.
I think so too! It sucks because it is such a pretty color. I still haven't heard back from MAC yet. They said 24-48 hour and the end of the day today will make 48. I'll call them tomorrow if I don't here anything by then.

Sugarpeach84

Thanks ladies, I was going to order Razzledazzler lipglass but now I think I'm going to skip it. I get nauseous pretty easily so the last thing I need is a stinky L/G on my lips
yucky.gif

Glad to help, it is really awful. I would not be able to stand having it on my lips under my nose all day!

martiangurll

Happy to help. Your post made me check my own lipglass. I made a mental note to keep an eye on it because of the previous member's post about hers going rancid. I had a feeling something could be wrong when I saw your message. I talked to customer service again this morning. The response I got was that it should still be OK if there's no scent. However, I just checked it again and now it has a plastic smell. Too bad. It's such a pretty a shade. I'm going to MAC today and will swatch Richer, Lusher to confirm if they match. I think I'm going to return mine and will use the refund towards the Marilyn Monroe lipsticks.
th_wink3.gif
Please let us know if Richer, Lusher works as a match. I am attached to the vanilla smell and I love the color.

Sugarpeach84

So, MAC offered me a refund and so they are going to issue it to me. I got thinking maybe I'd like to get a BU of Flash of Flesh l/g as I LOVE IT, so I called to see if I could exchange it. They said that the time it would take to have me send back the 2nd bad Razzler Dazzler and for them to then ship me another item would take too long so they are just going to credit it back to my debit card so I can then order faster. Hopefully my FoF won't be sold out
sweatdrop.gif
. I just recommend that everyone smell theirs and if its wonky ask for a refund. They couldn't tell me whether it was a pigment in it or what that caused the rancid-ness.

I would do like CartoonChic and save my money for Marilyn Monroe, but that's my birthday gift from my hubby so I'll let him get me what I want from that collection.
love.gif
He's such an awesome hubby, even when I do hide MAC boxes from him around the house, haha!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

So, MAC offered me a refund and so they are going to issue it to me. I got thinking maybe I'd like to get a BU of Flash of Flesh l/g as I LOVE IT, so I called to see if I could exchange it. They said that the time it would take to have me send back the 2nd bad Razzler Dazzler and for them to then ship me another item would take too long so they are just going to credit it back to my debit card so I can then order faster. Hopefully my FoF won't be sold out
sweatdrop.gif
. I just recommend that everyone smell theirs and if its wonky ask for a refund. They couldn't tell me whether it was a pigment in it or what that caused the rancid-ness.

I would do like CartoonChic and save my money for Marilyn Monroe, but that's my birthday gift from my hubby so I'll let him get me what I want from that collection.
love.gif
He's such an awesome hubby, even when I do hide MAC boxes from him around the house, haha!
girlhaha.gif
That's a great birthday gift.

OhSoJaded

I finally remembered to sniff my RD lipglass and it's totally gone bad
throwup.gif
I'm so glad you brought this up, b/c I was just going to keep it in my BU box. Wish I had thought to check it out sooner, so I could contact back before the weekend.

Sugarpeach84

I finally remembered to sniff my RD lipglass and it's totally gone bad
throwup.gif
I'm so glad you brought this up, b/c I was just going to keep it in my BU box. Wish I had thought to check it out sooner, so I could contact back before the weekend.
Glad I could help you and others out. I've been using MAC a long time and I've never had a lipglass go bad. I have some from 3 years ago and they still smell like vanilla. I knew something was wrong with this one!

Paisly

I know someone mentioned about the lipglass smelling bad. I ordered about 4 of them. The one ive used also smelled weird (please me) Like melted crayon. Only way i can even describe it. It smelled like vanilla at first. But after a month, it smells and i've only used it three times.

Sugarpeach84

I know someone mentioned about the lipglass smelling bad. I ordered about 4 of them. The one ive used also smelled weird (please me) Like melted crayon. Only way i can even describe it. It smelled like vanilla at first. But after a month, it smells and i've only used it three times.
That's exactly what happened to me. I got it in April when the collection came out and i used it a few time and I got it out to use it a few weeks ago and it was burnt crayon/play-doh!
puke.gif
So gross, couldn't do it!
eeksign.gif

Audrey C

Glad I could help you and others out. I've been using MAC a long time and I've never had a lipglass go bad. I have some from 3 years ago and they still smell like vanilla. I knew something was wrong with this one!
I bought my first l/g in January and I've already had two go bad - Hot Spell and Lust. They've gotten thicker and they have a funny smell. I was told by MAC that they're still ok but I'm not putting that on my mouth. I will no longer buy MAC l/g because I'm not spending about $20 Canadian for a lipglass that lasts 3 months. I've had other brands last far longer, including much cheaper ones. I have four CSG on the go and so far they've been fine; I'm trying to power through them.

This is a disappointment to me since I've been buying MAC since the VG1 launch and I've never had a regular lippie go bad. I've replaced some that were ancient but that was personal choice; they seemed fine.