MAC - Flighty Discussion

sinergy

yea the more i messed with them, i thought i wouldnt buy any of them unless at cco, and only if i had the extra cash and just felt like buying something lol. if you use too much product yes they get wierd and i agree unless you have the extra time to play with them they arent really worth it. bummer too cause they look so pretty in the jar.

m0rg3nst3rn

So, I bought two of these yesterday just to play around with and when used in small amounts at a time and layered they can be quite nice. Today I used one under Faux gold and it was really pretty and I just washed my face (I put it on at 7ish this morning and did a couple thin layers) and there was no creasing and it still looked the way it did when I applied it. I may get a couple more before they disappear...especially if I get gift cards for my birthday, LOL.

PinkBasset

I did a smokey eye with Smoked Ruby MES all over my lid and Up The Ante BB over it, concentrating on the middle of the lid blending it out. It was so gorgeous! I love how Big Bounces look patted over another shadow, the shimmer makes the look beautiful and interesting. I got samples of UTA and STW, but after this look I want to get a full size UTA. Only the fear of them going bad so fast has stopped me. I do have a whole Black Diamond BB, I must try it soon and see how that's going to look in a smokey eye, over another black for example. :)

mousygiggles

Just a little tip to anyone that buys a Big Bounce to. They dry out quick without the stopper making it air tight. I got a sample of Count your Assets about two weeks ago in the sample jar with the black lid and it was fine the first couple of uses. It was sealed as tight as possible. I noticed it did not feel as "wet" last week, well today it is nearly the consistency of a paint pot. It is thicker, drier, and a lot more solid. It does still work and amazingly provides better coverage when used alone now than before. The moral of the story is..., please keep the stopper/cover so that they stay air tight and don't dry out!!!!!! It I

Mac-Guy

Just a little tip to anyone that buys a Big Bounce to. They dry out quick without the stopper making it air tight. I got a sample of Count your Assets about two weeks ago in the sample jar with the black lid and it was fine the first couple of uses. It was sealed as tight as possible. I noticed it did not feel as "wet" last week, well today it is nearly the consistency of a paint pot. It is thicker, drier, and a lot more solid. It does still work and amazingly provides better coverage when used alone now than before. The moral of the story is..., please keep the stopper/cover so that they stay air tight and don't dry out!!!!!! It I
Hahha, you might grow yourself p/p in quite a few shades using this method. :)

liba

The full size ones I own have all subtly changed their texture since when I got them at launch. They've lost just enough of the moisture to make them much easier to work with - faster drying, better application with a brush, more blendability and less pilling when layered. Pretty soon I think I'm going to start keeping them in the fridge to protect any further change in the texture.

It's pretty crazy to go read the reviews on the MAC site - they go from being all negative on launch to being glowing positives a couple months afterwards....the texture must have changed for everyone, even in the sealed jars.

I honestly prefer these to paint pots, since they hide all the incipient crepe on my lids like magic, unlike p/p, which tend to accentuate every little line. I really hope that MAC figures out a perfected formula and offers these again next year. This is probably my number one MAC product I'll be sad to see go bye bye (at least till they come up with something better!).

PinkBasset

Mine haven't changed their texture. Even the samples I got, I thought those would dry up in a week or two, but they're still the same.

mousygiggles

I just wanted to pop back in and say that I love these things. No you can't glob it on in one finger swipe and the color is subtle but I love them so much. These really were a great product and I hope they do not disappear. I would like to see these stay or at least be regular repromotes. If there had been more instructional information I don't think the blog reviews would have been so terrible. If you skipped these, they deserve a second look. They are far more versatile than paint pots and last a long long time.

Mac-Guy

I just wanted to pop back in and say that I love these things. No you can't glob it on in one finger swipe and the color is subtle but I love them so much. These really were a great product and I hope they do not disappear. I would like to see these stay or at least be regular repromotes. If there had been more instructional information I don't think the blog reviews would have been so terrible. If you skipped these, they deserve a second look. They are far more versatile than paint pots and last a long long time.

I agree with you and want to add that bloggers should really take the time to review a product before putting out a negative review. Using the right techniques and tools are crucial for most make up applications, thus it is important to test a product over a few days and with different tools before jumping to hasty conclusions.

I'm glad you like the BB and hopefully the will be repromoted one day.

mousygiggles

MAC has them all online but some are in the Goodbyes section. My counters have some left but not a lot of them. Most of the MUA like them a lot. I do to, I just wish I had known how to use them and tried them earlier. They are really REALLY a great product when they are not glopped on the eye lid.

liba

I agree with you and want to add that bloggers should really take the time to review a product before putting out a negative review. Using the right techniques and tools are crucial for most make up applications, thus it is important to test a product over a few days and with different tools before jumping to hasty conclusions.

I'm glad you like the BB and hopefully the will be repromoted one day.
The problem is some influential bloggers have a very set idea of what is good (i.e. strong pigmentation) and hold products to that standard and on top of that have very set ways of applying makeup that doesn't always take into account the simpler application goals of the fashion forward products.

Not every eye product can be forced into the "inner lid, mid lid, outer V, crease, highlight" style. In fact, with stuff like BBS and Semi-Precious MES, it looks way better to just do a one color wash all over the whole eye.....heck, take a look at the promo pics for SP, and now Styledriven and Posh Paradise. One or two strong colors plus some good liner and brows is the most modern way to wear shadow anyhow and certainly what MAC's pushing (235 brush anyone?).

That being said, those BB shadows didn't sell very well. Maybe they got a sales bump after SP. I'm not too sure we'll see them again in this form - probably would be better to put them in a tube anyways.