MAC for Marilyn

elegant-one

my PB eyeshadow just arrived!
Funny, my mind read that ^ as..... My Peanut Butter eyeshadow
tong.gif

Hope you like everything you get.

luckyme

I just happened to walk bu my local MAC store in Macy's and asked the associates if they were excited about the release of MM tomorrow and she said "Absolutely Not". When I asked her why she said because they only received 3 of each item and they have been getting phone calls from people for days about holding items and how much did they get, etc. etc. She said it is going to be a mob scene tomorrow and they will be sold out within minutes. She said I was lucky to be able to get what I did online before the launch. I am certainly not trying to rain on anyone's parade but want to let you know what you might be up against. She said you better be there bright and early and have patients. She said most stores got the same quantity they did.

elegant-one

Speaking of safety orange...

We were at a mall a month ago & hubs took these of me with his cell phone. Then, a security guard came over & said no pictures are allowed to be taken at this mall. Hubs said, but I was just admiring my wife from behind & they laughed
lol.gif
amuse.gif

MissTT

Elegant, you just look good period. Age be damned! I would have said 33 from your avi pic though.

Prettypackages

No point in even owning red jeans unless they direct traffic...straight to you!
punk_.gif

I think my first FM look is going to be full-on 1984, with a black cloque pencil skirt, black mesh blouson top over a black wifebeater and some metallic red booties. CIS or LG on the lips and some winged eyeliner using Siahi. Hidden Treasure on the cheeks, for sure. 'Not sure what's going on Friday night, but we'll make sure to find something out on the town!
I wanna go!!

NATlar

I've passed on this collection, I did adore the looks of the two blushers but because my skin is quite dry I don't really wear blush and I have too many lol. Some gorgeous lipsticks I would've loved to purchase but I'm giving it a miss.

elegant-one

I think it would be very nice of MAC to look at the high demand & reconsider adding stock.

Some MAC places are not even answering the phone.
icon_eek.gif

crayolaforeyes

Is there a way I can track my order on Bloomingdale's? It just says that it will be shipped Oct 8,2012. No tracking number =(
Welcome to the world of lousy service from bloomies. I ordered several items - my LG lipstick shipped from the order on its own so I have tracking but the remainder of items on the order says the 8th. I will be shocked if it actually ships on my stuff. Luckily I repurchased all items from nordstroms and that order shipped but after being burned with Bloomingdales I just can't trust them until it actually ships

OhSoJaded

I just happened to walk bu my local MAC store in Macy's and asked the associates if they were excited about the release of MM tomorrow and she said "Absolutely Not". When I asked her why she said because they only received 3 of each item and they have been getting phone calls from people for days about holding items and how much did they get, etc. etc. She said it is going to be a mob scene tomorrow and they will be sold out within minutes. She said I was lucky to be able to get what I did online before the launch. I am certainly not trying to rain on anyone's parade but want to let you know what you might be up against. She said you better be there bright and early and have patients. She said most stores got the same quantity they did.
I wonder if they meant Macy's MAC counters, all department store counters or just regional. I placed my pre-order at Nordstrom and I ordered 3 of some items alone (i.e. LG and the BP) and I know there was stock left afterwards.

Fiberluver

elegant-one, you look awesome! Thanks for sharing with us! I want to look that good when I hit 53! (which is just 5 short years away! eek!)

kimbunney

Now why would they do that, it's just too smart of a move. MAC can't do that! lol You do look great. I can only hope I look half as good as I age!
I think it would be very nice of MAC to look at the high demand & reconsider adding stock.

Some MAC places are not even answering the phone.
icon_eek.gif

elegant-one

Elegant, you are definitely not old. You look amazing! I'm 10 years younger, but I wish I looked as good as you do. Whatever your secret is, please share.
bouquet.gif
kissy.gif
Thanks for being so kind!!!

My parents always looked young. No sun on the skin. I do not 'diet', but watch what & how much I eat. Consistency I work out 3 times a day - hey after 40 everything slides south
sigh.gif

And, I laugh a lot! I try to keep a positive attitude & I try to be kind & thankful - its my beauty treatment from the inside.

I was a little overly chatty today because my mom fell & broke her hip & she was in surgery today - so I came here to chat with all you lovely makeup addicts to calm my nerves. But she is fine, & cracking jokes...yep, jokes. I guess thats where I get it from. She's 84 & the sweetest little mom ever. They have her walking already
icon_eek.gif
the miracles of medicine.

Anyhow, did you get anything yet?

xasperadastra

Today I've tried my new Marilyn BP! I'm still too dark to use it as an allover also because it's really pink against my skintone! It also has a new finish I'm not used to.. still testing it and trying to understand how to use it as its best!

Latest posts