MAC for Marilyn

kimbunney

Just a vent but I really did not see the point of MAC sending TiffanyD products on THIS particular collection because something like this sells itself. Those products especially lipsticks could have went to people that really wanted them. Just from the few videos I've watch of hers she doesn't even put on colors like that. She can't sell or swap them so now they just go to waste unless she gives them to a family member, I guess that's a plus.

CartoonChic

kissy.gif
Thanks for being so kind!!!

My parents always looked young. No sun on the skin. I do not 'diet', but watch what & how much I eat. Consistency I work out 3 times a day - hey after 40 everything slides south
sigh.gif

And, I laugh a lot! I try to keep a positive attitude & I try to be kind & thankful - its my beauty treatment from the inside.

I was a little overly chatty today because my mom fell & broke her hip & she was in surgery today - so I came here to chat with all you lovely makeup addicts to calm my nerves. But she is fine, & cracking jokes...yep, jokes. I guess thats where I get it from. She's 84 & the sweetest little mom ever. They have her walking already
icon_eek.gif
the miracles of medicine.

Anyhow, did you get anything yet?
I wish your mom a very speedy recovery. I bet she's as feisty as you.

gorjess678

Just talked to someone at the Macy's MAC counter.. She said if I call her back in a little bit, she will let me preorder. Now that's some good customer service!

OhSoJaded

kissy.gif
Thanks for being so kind!!!

My parents always looked young. No sun on the skin. I do not 'diet', but watch what & how much I eat. Consistency I work out 3 times a day - hey after 40 everything slides south
sigh.gif

And, I laugh a lot! I try to keep a positive attitude & I try to be kind & thankful - its my beauty treatment from the inside.

I was a little overly chatty today because my mom fell & broke her hip & she was in surgery today - so I came here to chat with all you lovely makeup addicts to calm my nerves. But she is fine, & cracking jokes...yep, jokes. I guess thats where I get it from. She's 84 & the sweetest little mom ever. They have her walking already
icon_eek.gif

Anyhow, did you get anything yet?
Wishing your mom a speedy recovery!

erinmichelle87

Speaking of safety orange... We were at a mall a month ago & hubs took these of me with his cell phone. Then, a security guard came over & said no pictures are allowed to be taken at this mall. Hubs said, but I was just admiring my wife from behind & they laughed :lol: :amused: [/quoteA Woah, amazing figure you have!! Don't you love that dress? I have it in black and white and teal and white.

ChosenOne

How would MAC know you traded lipstick with a person on the internet (or a co-worker/family member/friend/charity)? Swapping is technically giving an item away. The nice thing is that the other person also gives something away to you. I honestly wouldn't contact them about this. You may unwittingly put a flag on your account for suspicious behavior. You'd hate to have a future order cancel because you raised their suspicions, kwim?
No good deed goes unpunished...
That phrase is like the story of my life. You definitely raise a good point. I checked the terms and conditions just to make myself feel better, and all it says is that I can't sell/resell products (which I completely understand...obviously people could make a profit that way, and that is not what the discount is for!!!). However, there doesn't seem to be anything about trading, and I've thought about it left, right, and upside-down, and I can't see any way making a trade would be a problem. So I think I feel okay about the whole swapping thing. Thanks for your thoughts!!

ChosenOne

I think it would be very nice of MAC to look at the high demand & reconsider adding stock.

Some MAC places are not even answering the phone.
icon_eek.gif
Why does this create a funny picture in my head? I can just imagine the MAC MAs huddled in the corner, rocking back and forth as the phone rings off the hook about the MM collection, muttering to themselves.... 'Please stop calling...not enough product...please leave us alone...not our fault...please just stop calling...*nervous breakdown*'

fairylite100

Quote:Originally Posted by ChosenOne

Why does this create a funny picture in my head?  I can just imagine the MAC MAs huddled in the corner, rocking back and forth as the phone rings off the hook about the MM collection, muttering to themselves.... 'Please stop calling...not enough product...please leave us alone...not our fault...please just stop calling...*nervous breakdown*' 

haha this made me LOL. I was at my local MAC store yesterday (they finally got the okay from corporate to pre-sell this collection) and the SA who was helping me looked a little ill. She said the phones had been ringinig off the hook for a week already and their event is Friday and they won't have any product left. I felt kinda bad for her.

liba

icon_eek.gif
Yes! Time for a glam night out on the town - you better bring Mom or it won't be a party!
nanaparty.gif

toautumn

Speaking of safety orange...

We were at a mall a month ago & hubs took these of me with his cell phone. Then, a security guard came over & said no pictures are allowed to be taken at this mall. Hubs said, but I was just admiring my wife from behind & they laughed
lol.gif
amuse.gif
Oh my gosh you look amazing... I looked at these pictures and then did some sit-ups
tong.gif

elegant-one

Why does this create a funny picture in my head? I can just imagine the MAC MAs huddled in the corner, rocking back and forth as the phone rings off the hook about the MM collection, muttering to themselves.... 'Please stop calling...not enough product...please leave us alone...not our fault...please just stop calling...*nervous breakdown*'
lol.gif
Probably true to a certain degree.

I talked with one Nordies gal that said it is crazy & they have NO stock left for tomorrow! They only got 3 of each item. Another said that they got 6 but had to make a tester of 1 so 5...just completely stupid poor planning on MACs part

StarrySim

Elegant-one - Seriously, 53? Wow. Just wow. Good job keeping that up!

Back on track... I caved in and called my store to reserive LG and Legendary. The first girl I talked to about 2 weeks ago said that they don't really sell out quickly because they don't usually have launch parties at that location. I sort of believed her, but I was a bit worried so I called back. The girl I talked to today said I'm smart to reserve, and she was happy to do it. So I'm heading over there after work tomorrow. Really excited to try DA and CIS too - I ordered them online (LG was sold out already), but they're just sitting here on my desk looking pretty, because I want to try them on first before digging into a perfectly good, high-demand lipstick :) Just in case they don't work on me. I'm more of a pink lips kind of girl, so I'll have to see how the reds look. Really excited :)

luckyme

Too funny, but sadly it is probably true. When I spoke to my SA she said they received 3 of each item and that 1 of each would be a tester also. Why test them and not just sell them. Now that is a waste.

Latest posts