MAC for Marilyn

toautumn

I might go to the counter tomorrow for PZ and to try the BP on my face. I actually went to the counter today and got matched- NW30! I thought I was NC for some reason but it looks great so I have hope that the bp will be flattering.

I asked the girl at the counter about the collection and she got this stony look on her face. lol

CartoonChic

Just wondering, is it Deeply Adored or Deeply Adorned? I always thought the name is Deeply Adored because that's what is listed on the website and on my lipstick tube. But I'm wondering if some tubes say Deeply Adorned because I've seen it called that name a lot in this thread.

duckrodeo

I think it's just a flub lol. Like Watch Me Simmer. Sometimes gets referred to as Watch Me Sizzle. Or Pink Fusion instead of Fusion Pink lol

shontay07108

Wow, Elegant! You're hot! If I wasn't on a diet right now I'd feel like complete crap. :lol: I'm thinking about going in tomorrow as soon as the store opens to get another Love Goddess, but I probably won't be able to roll out of bed. Plus, I need to make sure I'm home at a certain time because I have my first driving lesson. I'm super nervous. Someone say a prayer for me. :lol:

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I expected my BP to arrive today, but the tracking is at 40%, so it's not gonna happen. At least my Chanel lippie will be here today.
heart2.gif

pleasantmacabre

Received my MAC stuff yesterday. Here's part 1 - the lippies! Part 2 will come tomorrow :)
* * *​
Also someone earlier asked for a comparison between MAC Love Goddess and WetnWild Cherry Picking...well they look like dupes to me! Extremely good eye!! Covergirl Eternal looks like a good dupe too.​

Someone asked before me and then i re-mentioned it :p
thanks ! i'm going to swatch love goddess with cherry picking when i get my order too :) now i feel like maybe i will like love goddess! cause i love cherry picking

toautumn

I'm thinking about going in tomorrow as soon as the store opens to get another Love Goddess, but I probably won't be able to roll out of bed. Plus, I need to make sure I'm home at a certain time because I have my first driving lesson. I'm super nervous. Someone say a prayer for me.
lol.gif
You can do it!
clapping.gif
Driving seems so impossible when you start but then somehow it gets to be not so bad.

Ugh I want to BU LG too but then I have to remember that it hasn't even arrived yet.
ohboy.gif
at myself

Medgal07

Just wondering, is it Deeply Adored or Deeply Adorned? I always thought the name is Deeply Adored because that's what is listed on the website and on my lipstick tube. But I'm wondering if some tubes say Deeply Adorned because I've seen it called that name a lot in this thread.
My tube says Deeply Adored but I've heard ladies refer to it as Deeply Adorned on youtube, as well.

Mac-Guy

Today I've tried my new Marilyn BP! I'm still too dark to use it as an allover also because it's really pink against my skintone! It also has a new finish I'm not used to.. still testing it and trying to understand how to use it as its best!
It comes out even lighter on NC complexions. If you are darker than NC20, it's difficult to pull off. One NW skin, however, it blends in like a charm due to the pink undertones of FM, even if you are a darker NW. I'd say the best range is NW10-20.

PrettyKitty

Mine is Deeply Adored, on the Canadian site too..

shades of blue

I think it is Deeply Adored, since that what is listed on the web sites. Also, can you be deeply adorned??
blink.gif
Adorned, yes, but deeply adorned?? I don't know about that. So, I think the lipstick is called Deeply Adored.

peachsuns

I'm thinking about going in tomorrow as soon as the store opens to get another Love Goddess, but I probably won't be able to roll out of bed. Plus, I need to make sure I'm home at a certain time because I have my first driving lesson. I'm super nervous. Someone say a prayer for me.
lol.gif
Good luck, shontay! You're going to do well. Really.
greengrin.gif

Elianessss

Received my MAC stuff yesterday. Here's part 1 - the lippies! Part 2 will come tomorrow :)
* * *​
Also someone earlier asked for a comparison between MAC Love Goddess and WetnWild Cherry Picking...well they look like dupes to me! Extremely good eye!! Covergirl Eternal looks like a good dupe too.​
Yaaaaay!! thanks so much now I won't feel so bad if I don't get love goddess!

hwdsprincess

Idk why I can't sleep lol; this Marilyn line is really messing w me!!! I keep waking up thinking I'm gonna miss my store. I obviously have to wake up to prepare my children for school lol but I have a feeling I'm gonna be rushing them just to get to the store to line up

Dizzie

Can anyone tell me the best way to apply the BP and with which brush please? I love it, but want to make sure I can make the most from it. I have never owned a BP before and I love the way it makes my skin look so pale and glowy (I am NW20 btw). I have ordered a backup of it and another CIS lipstick for me too (I have CIS, DA and LG but CIS and DA are for my sisters for Xmas). LG pulls VERY pink on me - I love it! Would love to get a BU of that too but its sold out everywhere! Legendary is stunning and so easy to use too. Can't wait to get my Perfect Cheek now!

rubytitania

I got my two items yesterday
eyelove.gif

Deeply Adored is a gorgeous red and I love it, but I am still looking for a really dark, vampy, blood red! Any recommendations (doesn't have to be MAC) ?

The Beauty Powder is fab and gives such a nice allover finish on my NW10-15 skin.

I'm going to BU the Beauty Powder (*maaaybe*) and pick up Pure Zen in regular packaging, then I'm done with this collection (I already had Scarlet Ibis plus Cherry and Redd lip liners). Legendary and CIS look lovely but I'm not really short on coral blushes or red lipsticks so I think I can safely skip.

MACerette

Deeply Adored is a gorgeous red and I love it, but I am still looking for a really dark, vampy, blood red! Any recommendations (doesn't have to be MAC) ?
The Beauty Powder is fab and gives such a nice allover finish on my NW10-15 skin.

I'm going to BU the Beauty Powder (*maaaybe*) and pick up Pure Zen in regular packaging, then I'm done with this collection (I already had Scarlet Ibis plus Cherry and Redd lip liners). Legendary and CIS look lovely but I'm not really short on coral blushes or red lipsticks so I think I can safely skip.
Fire Down Below from NARS is described as a blood red, as in: the colour of blood. Nars says that it took them two years to get this shade right. (Marketing strategy?)

I have it and it's pretty, but it pulls a bit brown on me. Scarlett Empress (also NARS) pulls a bit more wine-ish. I find it difficult too to find the exact right dark shade: it needs enough red / purple in it. On me, I usually do not like those shades that pull brown on me.

rubytitania

Fire Down Below from NARS is described as a blood red, as in: the colour of blood. Nars says that it took them two years to get this shade right. (Marketing strategy?)

I have it and it's pretty, but it pulls a bit brown on me. Scarlett Empress (also NARS) pulls a bit more wine-ish. I find it difficult too to find the exact right dark shade: it needs enough red / purple in it. On me, I usually do not like those shades that pull brown on me.
Thank you! I actually have Fire Down Below on the way in a swap so it will be interesting to see if it's what I'm after :D