MAC for Marilyn

OhNoNicola

I wound up freaking out and making two orders - one from MAC UK and one from Nordstrom, haha. I lost my mind when everything was selling out so quickly! They're both on their way to me finally through mail forwarding (to Australia!). I finally worked out that if I'd just bought the items I ordered from the UK, with all of the shipping expense it would have cost the same to just buy it here in Australia, but I was so scared I'd miss out!

I'll end up with two BP's, two DA's, two LG's and one TPC.
Really, I just wanted one of each item, the two orders were an accident committed at 1am my time, whoops! If I like the items, I'll keep them as back ups, if I don't think I'll make it through them, I'll probably sell them; but I think all the items will be perfect for me.

Quick question, I am NC10-15, will the BP be too pink toned for me to use all over? Or will it be okay since I'm so pale?

tats

Well, I only made one order from MAC UK and now I'm worring if I will receive it. The problem isn't MAC ti's the delivery company. They supposedly tried to deliver yesterday and no one was in, so thet left a card, but me and my boyfriend were in and there is no card.. I just hope there is no confusion with flats as my neighbors have the same number but with an extra letter to it and I don't trust them.
Hopefully they will try to redeliver today to the right address, we will see...
Edit: I just got it :) Panic is over and I can go back to sleep lol so knackered

duku

Well, I only made one order from MAC UK and now I'm worring if I will receive it. The problem isn't MAC ti's the delivery company. They supposedly tried to deliver yesterday and no one was in, so thet left a card, but me and my boyfriend were in and there is no card.. I just hope there is no confusion with flats as my neighbors have the same number but with an extra letter to it and I don't trust them.
Hopefully they will try to redeliver today to the right address, we will see...
Think Yodel will try to redeliver today. If they don't, phone MAC customer service and they'll sort it out for you.

tats

Quote:Originally Posted by duku

Think Yodel will try to redeliver today. If they don't, phone MAC customer service and they'll sort it out for you.

They did :) maybe they've run out of cards yesterday..)

elegant-one

I'm thinking about going in tomorrow as soon as the store opens to get another Love Goddess, but I probably won't be able to roll out of bed. Plus, I need to make sure I'm home at a certain time because I have my first driving lesson. I'm super nervous. Someone say a prayer for me.
lol.gif
rofl.gif
I love you Shontay!!!
th_kiss.gif

Oh my - don't be nervous, you'll do just fine. I'll be thinking of you.

elegant-one

Ohmygosh, it feels like Christmas morning
girlhaha.gif
I've hardly slept. Leaving for the mall early so I can figure out which door to go in to get the edge
holysheep.gif

LadyMisfit

So I got the BP last night. I have it on this morning. I must say that I LOVE it. I used it all over my face and it gives a flawless finish on my pale NW10 skin. Very pleased and so glad you girls raved so much about it.

LMD84

all i wanted in the end was love goddess and because i've been working i missed the release on mac and it sold out. i wasn't fussed because i had two other sites to wait for and it's sold out on those too :( looks like this collection will be a skip for me after all!

tats

all i wanted in the end was love goddess and because i've been working i missed the release on mac and it sold out. i wasn't fussed because i had two other sites to wait for and it's sold out on those too :( looks like this collection will be a skip for me after all!
I can't beleive it's sold out from all of the sites.. maddness..

Anneri

So like the little lemming I am I want to my counter first thing this morning and after an application of the BP and Legendary layered over TPC I was sold... It looks great! I also love the TPC and Legendary combo. Thanks for all the enabling!

Elegant, I want to be you when I grow up! (I'm 35)
We already share the love for Furla bags!
heart.gif

I hope your mom gets well soon!

MRV

Today I gave a better home to the last LG at my Mac. It had just been laying around for over 3 days so I figured out
cutey.gif
!

Now I just have to stop thinking about the BP. I'm NC20 and it might not be 100% on me, so I don't need to BU. Also just got 2 face powders from Paul & Joe!

Fiberluver

I'm thinking about going in tomorrow as soon as the store opens to get another Love Goddess, but I probably won't be able to roll out of bed. Plus, I need to make sure I'm home at a certain time because I have my first driving lesson. I'm super nervous. Someone say a prayer for me.
lol.gif
Shontay - Don't be nervous - Driving is fun! Just think - you'll be able to roll out of bed and motor over to the Chanel counter when ever you want!

Happy motoring!!!

mousygiggles

Elegant, I hope your Mom has a speedy recovery!!! Your 3x a day workout is inspiring. I do good to go to the gym 5 days a week, now I feel like a total slacker.
thud.gif

gracie90

Well, I'm picking up my first FM backup from House of Fraser today, and ordered 2 more from Debenhams. I'll nip into MAC and Debenhams this afternoon to try and snag some more, and hopefully TPC!

tats

Ok so I did some swatches of what I bought in the end.​
FM beauty powder is nice, much chalkier than Play it proper, remindes me of pressed powder which some of you are using it for, right? It's a bit pink and light for me to use it all over but I would probably use it as a highlight, although if applied lighty, might use it all over.​
Here is a swatch of it:​
Now, Love Goddess is gorgeous and not what I expected at all. It definitely looks pink on me. Btw, I love the texture, it's a lot creamier than normal satin finish.​

Knope2012

They canceled the two items before I called. They told me their inventory was coming from the Store and not them. I don't know if she meant MAC or what...but yeah just two of my items were canceled and they shipped the rest already.
Thanks. I got an e-mail from Bloomingdales today and they said everything was fine with my order and it should ship on 10/8 or before. All I ordered was the one beauty powder, so I still have my fingers crossed for it.

CartoonChic

lol.gif
You'll do fine! I didn't get my license until my early thirties. I was afraid to learn. I wasn't scared of actually driving. My fear was being on the road with other people. But I was put into a situation where I had to learn to drive and get my license. I was terrified and the process for me was slow because I was so scared. But if I could do it, you can definitely do it.