MAC for Marilyn

Sappheiros

Agreed! I only have Hyperion nail polish from the Daphne Guinness collection. I like the color but sooo streaky. I have to slap on four layers to just even it all out, then it chips like a mo-fo. I could get the same formula at a drugstore for a small fraction of the MAC price. Never again!

Exactly my thoughts! I have Breezy Blue from Chen Man collection and it's a pain to work with, so streaky.

xasperadastra

I dare say the Mac nail polish I have are not that bad, but I usually skip Mac nail polishes because of bad reviews.. Asiatique has been my favorite red nail polish ever (now it is finished), Nightfall is good too.. and finally Sly as a fox which I like the formula but has a terrible brush! So I guess you can find something good but of course there are better brands at that price point!

Knope2012

I think I might just get lipsticks this time. I feel like the packaging could be better and the blushes and beauty powder seem dupeable. I may change my mind when I see swatches though! I will definitely pick up a lipstick or two though.

OhSoJaded

I think I might just get lipsticks this time. I feel like the packaging could be better and the blushes and beauty powder seem dupeable. I may change my mind when I see swatches though! I will definitely pick up a lipstick or two though.
I'm still not WOW'd by the packaging but I guess it doesn't matter as long as the product inside is good (and worth the extra $$$). I'll have to wait for swatches as well.

GlamQueen21

The last nail polish that I got from MAC was Something About Pink from the Hello Kitty collection. The color is pretty but it takes about 3 or 4 coats to make it opaque and have never bought them again. I much rather stick with China Glaze and OPI for nail polish.

ON TOPIC:
Here is my final list for this collection:

Deeply Adored l/s
Charmed I'm Sure l/s
Love Goddess l/s
Little Rock d/g
Preferred Blonde e/s
Forever Marilyn BP
Legendary Blush

Sexy Sadie

marilyn-mac-2.jpg

source: MAC rinde homenaje a Marilyn Monroe, conviértete en la tentación rubia

There are also all the individual product promo pics.
This red seems incredible.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Overall I would say MAC polishes are actually better than their reputation, to be honest. But the quality should be more consistent, some are definitely worse than others. And I'm not sure if they're worth the price...

katred

Specktra Bestie
This red seems incredible.
It certainly does. I just have to keep reminding myself that I already have lots and lots and lots of reds from across the spectrum. Finding beautiful reds is not usually a problem. I imagine that these will be really lovely. For me, it'll just be a question of what I can already dupe from my stash. Assuming I can resist the allure of more reds, which I don't seem capable of doing very often.

CartoonChic

Hi Everyone...I'm a longtime lurker but this is my first post. (Not normally into online posting...but I sort of feel like I've found my people with you all!) I'm wondering if someone can fill me in on how to sign up to attend an event for this launch. I'm located in Seattle, so there are 2 MAC stores close to me. I looked on the website to see if there were any upcoming events at either store and no results popped up. I really want to attend as I'm pretty sure that I am going to need every single one of those lippies! Thanks for the help and I apologize if I'm posting this in wrong place!
specktra_welcome.gif
It's not difficult at all! Just call the stores up to see if they're having an event then let them know you want to attend. You can also go into your MAC account online and change your settings to select your preferred store location. This should cause you to get invitations to future events from your selected store.

rubytitania

My list hasn't really changed since the colour story, but it's still dependent on swatches. I think I'm getting:

Deeply Adored
Charmed I'm Sure
Preferred Blonde
Forever Marilyn
Legendary

I'll probably pick up Pure Zen in regular packaging.

Indieprincess

My final list: Deeply Adored l/s Charmed I'm Sure l/s Scarlet Ibis l/s Love Goddess l/s I love the packaging for the lipstick so I'm going to feel pretty awesome pulling that out of my bag :encore:

OctoberViolet

I'm getting all the lippies except for Pure Zen and Scarlet Ibis (since I already have it & love it). I am considering getting the bp. I'm going to skip the blushes. The eyeshadows I am still thinking about. Decisions, decisions.
hmm.gif

I love the packaging for the lipstick so I'm going to feel pretty awesome pulling that out of my bag
encore.gif