MAC for Marilyn

liba

The thing about Mac nail polishes for me is that they're extremely inconsistent. Some are great, others are infuriating and it's not like they do one type well and another type poorly. It's just always a crap shoot what quality you get.

It certainly does. I just have to keep reminding myself that I already have lots and lots and lots of reds from across the spectrum. Finding beautiful reds is not usually a problem. I imagine that these will be really lovely. For me, it'll just be a question of what I can already dupe from my stash. Assuming I can resist the allure of more reds, which I don't seem capable of doing very often.
I don't buy MAC polishes very often, but every now and then, they'll do a color that is really unique and more nuanced than the typical OPI or China Glaze shade. I get compliments every time I wear Light Affair, even now that it's a more common color. In the Buff was also ahead of its time. Now that they've raised the price, I'm even pickier with them, but I will say Breezy Blue is one of my favorite polish shades this year - there are many blues, but this one has the perfect nuances. I'll deal with a pickier formula for a really unique, subtle color.

China Glaze IS making a lot of headway into offering more sophisticated shades at last. I bought a ton from the new Safari collection and there were a few real doozies in the summer Neon collection. There seem to be a couple rather offbeat shades in the Marilyn collection, though, so I'll at least give them a look.

Yazmin

I must send shout outs and thanks to all the MAC "nail polish guinea pigs" who took one for the team so that I could learn from your experience and avoid purchasing them.

sereagoso

I feel like I will purchase everything from this collection just because I have always been infatuated with Marilyn and I of course love Mac.
But I am SO turned off by the packaging! Everytime I click on this thread and I see a new picture I just think how much better they could have done

mekaboo

Blushes and b/p for me, including several BU's.
flower.gif

No Pro discount I guess, but I don't care what it will cost. :)
I don't know why it wouldn't be a Pro discount on this...I guess we will wait and see. There is on other things like this...

Mac-Guy

I don't know why it wouldn't be a Pro discount on this...I guess we will wait and see. There is on other things like this...
Licensing, I guess. There was no Pro on Wonder Woman or Venomous Villains either if I remember correctly.

Haven

So now I am starting to get sucked in more by the hype for this collection. My list may change LOL... I won't be getting any of the nps though.

MRV

Quote: Originally Posted by liba

China Glaze IS making a lot of headway into offering more sophisticated shades at last. I bought a ton from the new Safari collection and there were a few real doozies in the summer Neon collection. There seem to be a couple rather offbeat shades in the Marilyn collection, though, so I'll at least give them a look.

Looove the Summer Neons! I had a cute mani yesterday with a coral one and some glitters. I might grab the golden polish from Marilyn. Don't care for reds or vampy, and I have a ton of oranges already. I don't have more issues with Mac polishes than with others in general.

singer82

Soiree is actually an amazing Polish. It's one of my fav polishes ever. I like the packaging again! I try n stay away from mattes but seem to keep buying them lol. I love the way they look for the first hour, then they start to get crazy on me. Just got to keep experimenting with them, cause i want scarlet ibis! :(

romi79_2008

I still want only a lipstick and perfect cheek blush, i don`t want the red-pink ls cause i just bought Moxie, i have scarlet ibis and do`nt wear vampy lips to buy the dark lippy, so this is an easy collection for me.
Can`t wait for news about the holliday collection though. Finally this year i`ll be able to see it & swatch it, not just online ordering :)

Genn

IKnow I want pure zen and I think Love Goddess. I might just stick with Fire sign and skip LG.

Modmom

I'm really excited for this collection!! Pure Zen and Love Goddess l/s for me. I always go for the nude lipsticks, but I think I'll branch out on this collection. Love Goddess doesn't look too scary LOL. All e/s and one blush (the pink/beige one, can't remember the name). Skipping the b/p because I have several and haven't even made a dent in them yet. Fingers crossed that there's a chance for pro discount.