MAC for Marilyn

singer82

Think I'm just getting the BP. Want to get a few things from Illamasqua and gotta save up for GD! And theres a few new red lippies by L'oreal that are coming out. Did you see the swatches on Allura?! They are gorg, I want all four! Heres the link... http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-loreal-fall-2012-project-runway-colour-riche-lipcolour-lipsticks/ the polishes look awesome too. L'oreal has really been hitting it out of the park lately.

MACina

Here is a swatch of Blushbaby next to TPC.
I did also swatch Mocha,Pink Tea and Pink Cult for a comparison.HTH!

I don't know if you have talked about this before but anyone knows how The Perfect Cheek compares to Blushbaby? If it's similar I think I will skip TPC and get Blushbaby instead.

BriarRose

So far, I only know that I definitely want Love Goddess and Scarlet Ibis (I missed the IA collection altogether, boo). Not sure about the other 2 reds. Red lipstick and I don't get along; All of them pull pink and/or fuschia on me! I just got Runaway Red, same issue. Ditto Heartless, Eden Rouge, Fire Sign, Red Racer, etc. etc. I will have to swatch those 2 in person.

I am not sure about the blushes and BP yet either. Aiming to only get one, and so far I think the BP will be my best bet. Have to see more swatches though. My counter doesn't allow pre-orders nor do they do sneak peeks, so I am stuck waiting for release day.

Mercifully, I'm not interested in anything else. Money saved for the holiday collection!
santa.gif

rockin

Here is a swatch of Blushbaby next to TPC.
I did also swatch Mocha,Pink Tea and Pink Cult for a comparison.HTH!

Thank you so much for doing this. I have both Pink Cult and Blushbaby, and I think The Perfect Cheek is close enough to these that I can skip it. My bank account is grateful to you

OhSoJaded

Thanks for the swatches, MACina! Now I know that I can safely pass on TPC without any skipper's remorse. I have Pink Cult and don't use it nearly enough. Plus, I also own Blushbaby and NEVER use it b/c I tend to reach for Tarte's Exposed instead. TPC wouldn't get the proper love it deserves from me!

Slimmycakes

Thanks to everyone posting swatches the help us decide. It's only a few days till it's online but I think I'm just sticking to three lippies.

VampyCouture

Now I want Scarlet Ibis. I watched Seven Year Itch last night and seriously could not get over the gorgeousness that is Marilyn Monroe. I impatiently waited for her next on screen appearance and which awesome outfit she would wear next. The lipstick she wears throughout the movie looks exactly like Scarlet Ibis and I couldn't get over how beautiful it looked on her!

littlelamb

Now I want Scarlet Ibis. I watched Seven Year Itch last night and seriously could not get over the gorgeousness that is Marilyn Monroe. I impatiently waited for her next on screen appearance and which awesome outfit she would wear next. The lipstick she wears throughout the movie looks exactly like Scarlet Ibis and I couldn't get over how beautiful it looked on her!
Oh gosh, now I want it too! My local theater played Some Like it Hot this week and had special themed cocktails. SO fun. Loving that Marilyn is everywhere right now!

VampyCouture

Oh gosh, now I want it too! My local theater played Some Like it Hot this week and had special themed cocktails. SO fun. Loving that Marilyn is everywhere right now!
If Mac had created SI in the 1950s, Marilyn would have worn it lol. I LOVE Some Like it Hot! It was my first Marilyn movie. I also saw it live when it came to my city about 8 years ago.

Deadly

My list has gone from about 8 items to 5 items..

I think I'll only get

Charmed I'm Sure and Deeply Adored l/s
Legendary and The Perfect Cheek p/b (may sell my TPC in normal packaging)
Forever Marilyn b/p

sss215

forever marilyn bp, the perfect cheek, legendary
deeply adored, pure zen, scarlet ibis, love goddes, charmed im sure

I preordered my items right now and i ordered both blushes and beauty powder, and deeply adored, love goddess, and charmed i'm sure
LG is pretty much in the bag... it will be alone, but in the bag for sure!