MAC for Marilyn

Audrey C

Yes. The artist used Preferred Blonde on my eyelids but that was the only one I really looked at. It's a very nice light champagne color. Looks great on. The pan is larger than the standard e/s. The packaging is nice in person.
And was it a veluxe pearl or pressed pigment? Enquiring minds need to know...

Audrey C

new_collections.gif

Viva Glam
Nail Lacquers
Electric Cool
Cremesheen + Pearl
Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash
Prep + Prime Natural Radiance
M∙A∙C By Request
A Touch of Summer
New Accessories
Illustrated
Styleseeker
Carine Roitfeld
Face and Body
Office Hours
AW12 Fashion Week Trends

When I was in the site map, I realized just how restrained I've been of late. Of all the collections below, I've only purchased two e/s from By Request (one gifted away) and a lippie, two duos and a fluidline from Styleseeker. Pretty good! :)

Mizani

Well, my interest in Love Goddess is out. It is too light for me. At the rate these swatches are going, I might only end up with Deeply Adored.

CartoonChic

i think moxie pulls of more pink than red and lg has like a tint of pink but its red (make sense lol not really) its def different and it's a dif type of pink than what moxie pulls off
Thanks for the swatches! I'm wondering if Love Godess is similar to Chanel Rouge Allure Palpitante. It's described as a raspberry red. I thought it would be close to Moxie too, but Palpitante is definitely red with a hint of pink.

xasperadastra

Love Goddess (no lip liner)

Love Goddes on the left and Red Race on the right
*___* I'll be super happy with LOve goddess although it's not the color I was expecting from promo pictures... it looked darker!
Which colors would you compare to it? In your picture it almost looks like watch me simmer (on my lips.. and it can also be my monitor that changes the color).. one of my followers on my FB page says it looks like force of love...

LadyMisfit

*___* I'll be super happy with LOve goddess although it's not the color I was expecting from promo pictures... it looked darker!
Which colors would you compare to it? In your picture it almost looks like watch me simmer (on my lips.. and it can also be my monitor that changes the color).. one of my followers on my FB page says it looks like force of love...
Force of love I own. It's more corally compared to Love Goddess. Love Goddess looks extactly as how it is described. (pinkish red all the way cool toned)

xasperadastra

Maybe you have already seen them but I've just found these swatches!

http://makeupforoliveskin.com/2012/09/mac-marilyn-swatches/

LadyMisfit

I wonder if LG will pull more pink on darker skintones
Not sure. But fyi I have pigmented lips (reddish hue) so it showed up really nice on me. At the event the make up artist used Redd l/l on me and it pulled more red then the picture I posted eariler in the thread with no l/l on. She also mentioned Magenta l/l will make the color more pink.

kimibos

nope but THANKS!!!!! deeply adored looks like rocker without the glitter, and the p/b looks way to white not peachy. the blushes--->
heart.gif

Audrey C

Well, crap. I pre-ordered the BP ages ago and it's been on my very short list of 'to buys'. I think I'm going to need to get CIS. I'm going to try very hard not to get Deeply Adored, but I like that swatch too. I'm hoping someone will post swatches of those shades against some of the other MAC reds so that I can be strong and not succumb. Someone talk me down. I have way too many reds already.

I like that the BP is light and not too shimmery - that stays on my list no matter what.
th_happy1.gif

kimibos

Well, crap. I pre-ordered the BP ages ago and it's been on my very short list of 'to buys'. I think I'm going to need to get CIS. I'm going to try very hard not to get Deeply Adored, but I like that swatch too. I'm hoping someone will post swatches of those shades against some of the other MAC reds so that I can be strong and not succumb. Someone talk me down. I have way too many reds already.

I like that the BP is light and not too shimmery - that stays on my list no matter what.
th_happy1.gif
im afraid you came to the wrong place...... RUN!!!! . im scared cause once you skip something people start to talk about how they love it, and then its gone!!!

kimbunney

Ohh Thanks for that idea! I could def. pair it with Magenta or my 16C liner that would help the pink show.
Not sure. But fyi I have pigmented lips (reddish hue) so it showed up really nice on me. At the event the make up artist used Redd l/l on me and it pulled more red then the picture I posted eariler in the thread with no l/l on. She also mentioned Magenta l/l will make the color more pink.

Latest posts