MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

abbyquack

So, I just calculated if I were to get everything I really want, and the total would be $163!!!
nonono.gif
So now I've got to decide if I am willing to shell out that much, or if I should reel in my list a little. Here's today's list:

-Blooming Lovely l/s
-Ever Hip l/s
-Peachstock l/s
-Petals and Peacocks l/s
-Frankly Fresh l/g
-Perennial High Style l/g
-Bough Grey e/s
-Free to Be e/s
-Dirty Plum blush
-Prim and Proper blush
-Blue India np

Yikes!! Anyone see anything I could knock of my list?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
Sorry erine, but how does blooming lovely compare to bubblegum from SCF?

i havent seen bubblegum in person yet, but by swatches they look to be similar?

um, bubble gum is pink. blooming lovely isn't.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronism86
Is Ever Hip similar to blow dry lipstick?

I just swatched Blow Dry. BD looks brighter/darker in the tube, but swatched it looks fairly similar, with Ever Hip being slightly more pink? At this point only Erine or those that can actually see EH in person will know for sure due to monitor colors.

Erine???

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

There you are....so what do you think...Blow Dry vs Ever Hip?

coachkitten

Does anyone have pictures of the makeup bags? I don't remember seeing those and I am kind of intersted in getting the medium size one if the pattern is cute.

After seeing Erin's swatch pictures I think that I have my GMLOL list:

Shell Pearl Beauty Powder
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Blooming Lovely lipstick
Petals & Peacocks lipstick
English Accents Lipglass
Dirty Plum Blush
Blue India Nail Lacquer

I am so excited for this collection to launch!
smiles.gif

banana1234

Quote:

thank you, its so hard to tell in the swatches

gachapin_luv

Erine, thank you
th_worship.gif

I was going to skip all lippies except Peachstock, but after seeing your swatches I want nearly all of them
drools.gif

I am also glad to see the Prim & Proper pic. It is gorgeous
drools.gif

I have Strike a Pose, so I will skip Birds & Berries. For some reasons, I don't reach for Strike a Pose (I only used twice so far
greengrin.gif
), so I don't want to waste my precious $$$.
Now my list is...
Bough Grey
Prim & Proper
Blooming Lovely
Peachstock
Petals & Peacocks
English Accents
Frankly Fresh
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am as excited for this collection as I was for Heatherette in 2008
yes.gif
I still LOVE my Heatherette packaging today - this will be the best special packaging after it IMO.

I totally agree with you!! LOVE Heatherette packaging
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
Even though, I didn't like eyeshadow trio much, I use it every morning to check my eyes.
Also, Alpha Girl is my best BP ever - it's the best cheek blush for me.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Yep! It's an AC, actually there are no lustres or glazes in this collection! I can't believe it!
lol.gif
And yea, you may be out of the loop a little when you stay away from this forum but at least you save some $$, right
smiles.gif

yes.gif

I have to get a new Helmer tomorrow (well.. today
shockt.gif
) so I should keep my list for this collection short. Plus the Illamasqua pastel nail polishes gnawed on my budget.
yummy.gif

On my wishlist are:
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough grey e/s
Blue India e/s

I'd love to get Shell Pearl too but I have so many light peachy MSFs already (I would only use it over blush like I do with MSFs) that look close enough that I only would get it if it somewhere below retail from the CCO or a sale.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
yes.gif

i work again tmrw, so i'll post comparisons of EA and cultured (for monica), and i'll take my lavender whip in too so you can see how it compares to BL. i'll also compare stars 'n' rockets (pink with purple) to DD (purple with pink), just so you can how they are flipped from each other.

Erine, can you plz also swatch Petals n Peacocks vs Gladiola l/s from dame Edna (if you have it)? Thanks in advance
winkiss.gif

GlamQueen21

Aw, man!!! Now I want all of the lipsticks in this collection!! Amplified Cremes are not meant to be skipped!! I haven't bought a Cremesheen lipstick yet. I almost bought Shy Girl l/s from my CCO and it was so pretty! I'm still on the fence about Petals & Peacocks. Should I get it since I have Show Orchid and Full Fuchsia lipsticks?

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Erine, can you plz also swatch Petals n Peacocks vs Gladiola l/s from dame Edna (if you have it)? Thanks in advance
winkiss.gif

I would love to see a comparison of these too! Gladiola is my favorite pink l/s so far, it's so wearable!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
^Anything PRO. You can get it later!
smiles.gif

True! But that only really takes away Peachstock l/s...since Dirty Plum is no longer available at PRO
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
So, I just calculated if I were to get everything I really want, and the total would be $163!!!
nonono.gif
So now I've got to decide if I am willing to shell out that much, or if I should reel in my list a little. Here's today's list:

-Blooming Lovely l/s
-Ever Hip l/s
-Peachstock l/s
-Petals and Peacocks l/s
-Frankly Fresh l/g
-Perennial High Style l/g
-Bough Grey e/s
-Free to Be e/s
-Dirty Plum blush
-Prim and Proper blush
-Blue India np

Yikes!! Anyone see anything I could knock of my list?

You could skip Free to Be for the time being, since it's permanent. You could also get it in pan form to save a few bucks. I just ordered a pan last night from the website.
smiles.gif

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachapin_luv
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
Even though, I didn't like eyeshadow trio much, I use it every morning to check my eyes.

I love my trio the one with the mood ring e/s. I bought alpha girl solely for the packaging and never use it. I drool over it everytime I open my highlighting drawer though. I am crazy haha.

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
There you are....so what do you think...Blow Dry vs Ever Hip?

Would like to know this as well.. and i second the question about the bags.. anyone seen them yet???

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachapin_luv
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif

I have totally forgotten about Alpha Girl Beauty Powder! I am going to have to pull that out and use it tomorrow. It is a very pretty beauty powder.

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
You could skip Free to Be for the time being, since it's permanent. You could also get it in pan form to save a few bucks. I just ordered a pan last night from the website.
smiles.gif

Good point! I've been holding off getting it for a while because I wanted it in special packaging, but I suppose since I'm getting the rest of the collection I'll have plenty special packaging
smiles.gif

macaddict83

I am super excited for this collection- even though my pocket has not filled up from last month! Also, I am going to be picking up a few pieces from Target's Liberty of London collection too. Nothing like a LoL sundress paired with MAC LoL makeup!
greengrin.gif
(LoL for Target hits 3/14 if that has not been mentioned in the previous 43 pages.)

BTW, I am going to get 'Free to Be' now because of the special packaging.

iheartangE

I'm so excited for Blooming Lovely now! What lip liner do you think suits it best? I don't think I have anything in my collection right now to use with it...