MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

kiss

Blooming Lovely is so gawgeous!

Speaking of nailpolishes, does anyone know if china glaze is available in Canada? I have never seen it here.

trulynicole

As of right now I narrowed my list down to Birds and Berries e/s and Ever Hip l/s.
I might want a powder and I am contemplating if I should get Free to Be.

Susanne

I am as excited for this collection as I was for Heatherette in 2008
yes.gif
I still LOVE my Heatherette packaging today - this will be the best special packaging after it IMO.

LMD84

ah yes! heatherette is still my favourite mac packaging!
smiles.gif
but yes, this collections is very pretty also... the birds are cute!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafi
EA (is this a cream? HOPE SO!!!)

yes.gif

i work again tmrw, so i'll post comparisons of EA and cultured (for monica), and i'll take my lavender whip in too so you can see how it compares to BL. i'll also compare stars 'n' rockets (pink with purple) to DD (purple with pink), just so you can how they are flipped from each other.

xoleaxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am as excited for this collection as I was for Heatherette in 2008
yes.gif
I still LOVE my Heatherette packaging today - this will be the best special packaging after it IMO.

I love the Heatherette packaging, too.. I regret not getting one of the beauty powders just for the compact
ssad.gif
soo this time around, i'm not passing them up! especially with this cute bird/flower design. Loving the white casing too!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
PHS makes Sock Hop look orangey almost!

You know it's so wierd...I wore Sock Hop the other day and thought to myself that it looked so orangey on me all of a sudden and I didn't remember it looking like that. Now when I see these 2 compared it *is* orangey.

perfectdefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Blooming Lovely is so gawgeous!

Speaking of nailpolishes, does anyone know if china glaze is available in Canada? I have never seen it here.

I get mine at Sallys Beauty Supply.

abbyquack

I saw these pics on LJ from user comeseekme:

DSC00671.jpg

(Ever Hip, Blooming Lovely, Petals and Peacocks)

DSC00682.jpg

(Petals & Peacocks l/s, other l/s unknown)

DSC00690.jpg

(Free to Be e/s)

I have to say the l/s are the winners in this collection- I think I might want them all! I was going to skip Ever Hip, but I keep imagining it with PHS l/g over it, and it very well could be the perfect coral lip!
drools.gif

capmorlovesmac

^^Blooming Lovely looks gorgeous in the picture!
th_drool.gif

But I already have Lavender Whip (plus a backup) plus I love Cremesheens.
hmm.gif
*stays strong*
love.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
I saw these pics on LJ from user comeseekme:

DSC00671.jpg

(Ever Hip, Blooming Lovely, Petals and Peacocks)

(Petals & Peacocks l/s, other l/s unknown)

I have to say the l/s are the winners in this collection- I think I might want them all! I was going to skip Ever Hip, but I keep imagining it with PHS l/g over it, and it very well could be the perfect coral lip!
drools.gif

th_drool.gif
x 100 I agree on the lippies - now I def. want all the lipsticks!!!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange1
Hey, has anyone swatched Up the amp aganist blooming lovely, yet?

yes, it's posted in the GMLOL Swatch thread

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i don't have 4N, sorry love.
ssad.gif

not even close!
nope.gif

i'm NC20 and i can't wait for dirty plum! especially for fall (even tho its still winter hehe)!

i'm gonna get free to be this time (mostly cuz its coming in gratis, but also because i don't wanna spend money on it in pan form. but its still a pretty colour.

i say pass on GMLOL shadow.

uh, no way jose!
nonono.gif

panamonium is definately a charchoal grey with silver sparkle. bough grey isn't really even grey. its a dirty green on the grey side.

no where even close whatsoever in a million years are you way off on that one crazy ace!
th_LMAO.gif

originally launched in the quad from balloonacy.

it looks closer to muse.

my bad
th_LMAO.gif
guess that eyeshadow will be back on my list after all
sneaky.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
^^Blooming Lovely looks gorgeous in the picture!
th_drool.gif

But I already have Lavender Whip (plus a backup) plus I love Cremesheens.
hmm.gif
*stays strong*
love.gif

I usually like to encourage people to be strong, but in this case I think you should give in to Blooming Lovely- amplified creams were the mother of cremesheens after all!
lol.gif
But I agree that BL is beautiful- I was really worried it wouldn't live up to the way I imagined it in my head, but it's actually gone above and beyond!

banana1234

Sorry erine, but how does blooming lovely compare to bubblegum from SCF?

i havent seen bubblegum in person yet, but by swatches they look to be similar?

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
I usually like to encourage people to be strong, but in this case I think you should give in to Blooming Lovely- amplified creams were the mother of cremesheens after all!
lol.gif
But I agree that BL is beautiful- I was really worried it wouldn't live up to the way I imagined it in my head, but it's actually gone above and beyond!

Aww no its an amplified cream? This happens when I stay away from the color collections threads. I am not up to date with the collections anymore.
lol.gif

I looove amplified creams (Profusion
love.gif
) but with Lavender Whip I should be set. I don't wear this kind of color very often.. even not if it is sheered out.
tong.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Aww no its an amplified cream? This happens when I stay away from the color collections threads. I am not up to date with the collections anymore.
lol.gif

I looove amplified creams (Profusion
love.gif
) but with Lavender Whip I should be set. I don't wear this kind of color very often.. even not if it is sheered out.
tong.gif

Yep! It's an AC, actually there are no lustres or glazes in this collection! I can't believe it!
lol.gif
And yea, you may be out of the loop a little when you stay away from this forum but at least you save some $$, right
smiles.gif

Anachronism86

I've read several pages back (because I'm semi-obsessed with this collection) and I don't think anyone has asked the question I am about to.
Is Ever Hip similar to blow dry lipstick? I know the finishes are different, but I am wondering if they are similar in tone.
I'm super pale and pink toned but I always fine myself attracted to coral/orange tones. I usually hear that these sorts of colors are best suited to people with more golden or tan skins but I cannot help myself.
I usually apply them lightly for a wash of color, and my MA usually tends to agree that I look better in peaches and colors.
I tend to look sick when I wear blue-based pinks and even sometimes bluer purples make me look a bit ill which is sad because I -love- purple. =x

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question! <3