MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

MACPixie

I'm trying to be good and narrowed my list. Now I'm just getting:
Shell Pearl bp
Prim and Proper Blush
Blooming Lovely l/s
and possibly Birds and Berries e/s

This of course all depends on how much else I fall in love with when I go to MAC! I'm going to the Pro store next weekend so I'm hoping they will have this out.

Out of curiosity - how similar are Bough Grey and Edge Of Dark (from the Sorceress Palette, Holiday '09)? They seem quite similar in tone, just without the gold sparkles.

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Strike A Pose is more a darker teal, Love Lace a dark grey-blue.

Comparisons will come on Monday as well
winks.gif

I love Love Lace!
bigheart.gif
Love lace is blue-grey and bough grey will be green-grey. I am so excited. lol

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Abbyquack - I have only used Strike a Pose a handful of times since I got it, but will definately get Birds and Berries. I definately prefer VP finish over all others. Plus, it's teal. Pretty much an automatic purchase for me.
lol.gif

Aaahhhh! Don't make me get Birds and Berries! I am so tempted b/c it's new and I love the name but it seems so close to Strike A Pose. I love SAP, but I haven't used it yet. I have way too many shadows and I just bought more from MUFE. I need to stay out of this thread.

stv578

Well, I also have a wish list now for this collection!

Frankly Fresh l/g
Bough Grey e/s (both of these I will b2m for if I can)
And Dirty Plum, maybe.

Erine, or anyone else that can answer, how does Dirty Plum compare with On A Mission? I'm guessing this question might have come up earlier in the thread, but ya, no time to go through it all.

Susanne

Quote:
Abbyquack - I have only used Strike a Pose a handful of times since I got it, but will definately get Birds and Berries. I definately prefer VP finish over all others. Plus, it's teal. Pretty much an automatic purchase for me.
lol.gif

true.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
Well, I also have a wish list now for this collection!

Frankly Fresh l/g
Bough Grey e/s (both of these I will b2m for if I can)
And Dirty Plum, maybe.

Erine, or anyone else that can answer, how does Dirty Plum compare with On A Mission? I'm guessing this question might have come up earlier in the thread, but ya, no time to go through it all.

I just compared them side by side. They are nothing alike. DP is darker, and more of a red/purple plum. On a Mission is a brown plum on me. DP actually looks raspberry on my cheeks. I prefer DP by a mile. It is a very unique color.
love.gif

TeresitaMC

I am liking Bough Grey since it looks like a great e/s to pair with the Photo Realism quad!
smiles.gif
I hope I am wrong and don't need it
greengrin.gif

I am trying to decide on the lipglasses
smiles.gif
so far I like 3 of the 4

AudreyNicole

I just ordered Free to Be in pan form from the MAC site. I will be depotting the other shadows from this collection, so I may as well save a few bucks where I can.
lol.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
lol.gif
When a new collection is coming out, and I can't decide what I want, I show my DH the swatches, and he helps me narrow the list. It is usually very effective, and I can knock a few items off, and save some money. So today, I showed him Erine's swatches of this collection. He looked at me, and said "Honey, I like it all." Yeah, me too. No helps this time.
lol.gif

Hey if the dh is on board, then half the battle is already won!
lol.gif
I wish I could do the same thing with my husband, but he gets overwhelmed with all this makeup that I kinda have to keep it on the dl. Out of sight, out mind
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh those swatches!
heart.gif

Blooming lovely is so so pretty.
English Accent
th_drool.gif
x2

does it ever end.....
cry.gif

Nope, it doesn't! We obsess over one collection and as soon as we've got our
mac_haul.gif
of that, we head on to the next!! It is a cycle of madness, but I love it!
drools.gif

stv578

Quote:
I just compared them side by side. They are nothing alike. DP is darker, and more of a red/purple plum. On a Mission is a brown plum on me. DP actually looks raspberry on my cheeks. I prefer DP by a mile. It is a very unique color.
love.gif

Thanks Audrey! I think I need this then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I am liking Bough Grey since it looks like a great e/s to pair with the Photo Realism quad!
smiles.gif
I hope I am wrong and don't need it
greengrin.gif

This is partly why I'm getting it. As soon as Erine said it was more of a greenish grey, I was sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh those swatches!
heart.gif

Blooming lovely is so so pretty.
English Accent
th_drool.gif
x2

does it ever end.....
cry.gif

nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Nope, it doesn't! We obsess over one collection and as soon as we've got our
mac_haul.gif
of that, we head on to the next!! It is a cycle of madness, but I love it!
drools.gif

Yep, this is exactly how it is. But my DH would have a few choice words about this!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
What's the finish for Prim and Proper? It looks to have more of a sheen/shimmer to it than Dirty Plum.

its a satin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Not sure about the lgs, I must see swatches on lips to decide if anything is unique enough to be worth getting. The first thing I thought when I saw PHS was Sock Hop so I'm very interested to see how these two compare
yes.gif

img08001.jpg

PHS, sock hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
It seems like MAC messed up on the descriptions for some of these?

Bough grey - Mid-tone blueish grey (satin) -- Looks greenish, not bluish, right? Greenish I will buy, blueish I can't wear

Dirty Plum - Sheer Dark Plum (Pro) ---- Sheer? If it's sheer I definitely need it, if it's not I'm back to pondering on this one

Frankly fresh - Neutral pink beige with soft pearl -- Is this more peachy than pink or is it my monitor?

Thanks for the great swatches erine!

bough grey is more green, not blue.

dirty plum is not sheer.

frankly fresh is more peach. no pink at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
- Prim and Proper blush - another question Erine, do you think this one will show up on NW25? Can it be my nude blush? (I've been looking for one forever!)

Thanks for the answers in advance
th_DANCE.gif

i think it could be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Okay now I have a few questions in mind:

Is Petal & Peacocks anything like Hollywood Nights?

here are the fuschias that i did at work.

img08011.jpg

petals & peacocks, GAT, lickable, show orchid

Quote:
Is Ever Hip anything like See Sheer?

not at all!
nope.gif

Quote:
Is Perennial High Style anything like Sock Hop?

look above.

Quote:
Is English Accents anything like Cultured?

ya know, tonight at work i was seriously thinking about swatching and comparing the two, but then i didn't. i think it very well could be similar.

Quote:
Is Dame's Desire the same coloring as Violet pigment?

no. DD is definately a red purple. violet is way more blue.

Quote:
Is GMLOL anything like Pen & Pink?

it kinda fall's inbetween P&P and RO. if you have P&P you should be fine without GMLOL.

Quote:
Is Free To Be anything like Hot Hot Hot?

negative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
Thank u erine for the awesome swatches!

I have Love Lace eyeshadow, which I heard was similar to Strike a Pose. Is it worth still getting BnB?

Thanks!!
smiles.gif

they aren't even in the same league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Is this one the same blush from the the riveting collection? I noticed the descriptions are different. If it is, it's very pigmented, but I am not sure how a satin formula would wear.

it is the same, but its not a satin. its a matte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578

like audrey said, OAM is more brown with shimmer. dirty plum is a deep muddy plum.

img08021.jpg

i was at work when i did these, so i don't LW swatched here, but you can see BL (left) compared to UTA (right).

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Before I only wanted Peachstock l/s now I want everything. Great. Erine swatches always get me!!

sorry.
ssad.gif

sneaky.gif

clslvr6spd

Thank you Erin,
heart.gif
you!

My list:
Frankly Fresh
Bough Grey
Dame's Dersire
Liberty of London