MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I've always thought nudes to be the my-lips-but-better shades, but from what I read in most cases people tend to consider the beigey shades as nudes?
th_dunno.gif
Can someones lips actually be so pale, let's say like myth, for it to be considered an actual nude (again - I thought nude means like to be naked but enhanced in make-up world, like to go for your lip colour, not to make your lips the same colour as your skin)? Maybe mine are too pigmented 'cause those shades makes my lips look like they have concealer all over (not sexy) and even I'm so pale it looks corpsey (is that a word?
lol.gif
). Creme d' Nude is right on the edge whether it looks good on me or not. It turns a bit pinkish on me and it's not so full on opaque like satins or mattes so I can still use it with a light hand. It is still not the most natural looking on myself. What I think, for me, the better nudes are the ones like Modesty, Masque, Faux, Bare etc.. Is it just me that thinks when lipstick colour is paler than the actual skin it looks weird?
001_unsure.gif
Is there any sense what I'm saying or am I completely clueless on this nude matter?

You must not be the typically Finnish pale then. Personally, I don't get even close to my skin color with anything other than Equality from AA, AR, AS. Hue looks natural when I am a bit tanned, and Patisserie works in the summer. Most of the shades mentioned, however, look dark, almost brown on me.

bis

Thanks a lot for the swatches, Erin. You confirmed my list
winks.gif

Are you getting Blooming Lovely? I love Up The Amp, but Lavender Whip not so much. Should I get Blooming Lovely (NC15/20)? TIA

InspiredBlue

I wondering how this thread grew 3-4 pages overnight, but then I saw that there are swatches.
greengrin.gif

Blooming Lovely and Ever Hip look like they could be nice, once spring comes and I don't look like a corpse anymore.
winks.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

panamonium is definately a charchoal grey with silver sparkle. bough grey isn't really even grey. its a dirty green on the grey side.

no where even close whatsoever in a million years are you way off on that one crazy ace!
th_LMAO.gif

originally launched in the quad from balloonacy.

Oh really it came out in Ballonacy too? I wonder what that quad had! I wasn't into MAC hardcore yet so I had no idea. It is one of my favorite grays ever tho!

Honey&LemonGirl

Thank you so much for the swatches, Erine!! Definitely added things to my list (and took Peachstock out of the running). I think I'm going to pick up Freckletone instead.
smiles.gif

Updated (and very small) wishlist for this collection:
Ever Hip
Prim and Proper
Shell Pearl

What's the finish for Prim and Proper? It looks to have more of a sheen/shimmer to it than Dirty Plum.

cocolicouss

Thanks for the swatches erine now I'm even more excited for the event on tue
things on my list are:

*ever hip
*perennial high style
*birds & berries
*bough grey
*dame's desire
*blue India

LMD84

oh wow! yes these products are beautiful! we will get them in April in the uk and i cannot wait!
smiles.gif

miss-lilly

Thank you so much for the swatches Erin
thmbup.gif

My list has gotten smaller, I definitely want:
Bough Grey es
Blooming Lovely ls
Blue India np

Not sure about the lgs, I must see swatches on lips to decide if anything is unique enough to be worth getting. The first thing I thought when I saw PHS was Sock Hop so I'm very interested to see how these two compare
yes.gif

dxgirly

Do I need Ever Hip and Perennial High Style? They weren't on my list before, but after those swatches I kinda want them...

Liya2007

Thanks soo much Erine for the great swatches.

My list after seeing them:-

Prim and Proper P/B (if it shows on my NC30 skin)
Peachstock L/S
Frankly Fresh L/G

Yumm I think they will look great together
drools.gif

GlamQueen21

Here's my new list:

Blooming Lovely l/s
Peachstock l/s
Frankly Fresh l/g
English Accents l/g
Prim & Proper Blush
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Shell Pearl BP
Summer Rose BP (maybe)

Winthrop44

It seems like MAC messed up on the descriptions for some of these?

Bough grey - Mid-tone blueish grey (satin) -- Looks greenish, not bluish, right? Greenish I will buy, blueish I can't wear

Dirty Plum - Sheer Dark Plum (Pro) ---- Sheer? If it's sheer I definitely need it, if it's not I'm back to pondering on this one

Frankly fresh - Neutral pink beige with soft pearl -- Is this more peachy than pink or is it my monitor?

Thanks for the great swatches erine!

markeesi

Thanks for the swatches erine1881! And thanks AudreyNicole for asking all the questions that I was thinking about!
winkiss.gif

GMLOL e/s and Peachstock l/s are off my list now.. Peachstock would probably look weird on me, and I think I'll try to get hold of Pen 'n' Pink instead.

My definite buys regardless of my budget are:
Prim & Proper blush
Blooming Lovely l/s

Maybe-buys if my budget allows:
Dirty Plum blush
Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s (damn these two e/s for not being dupes of Photorealism -quad
tong.gif
)
Possibly a beauty powder, not sure which one

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
img07841.jpg

blooming lovely, ever hip, peachstock, petals & peacocks

img07861.jpg

a different groove, english accents,
heart.gif
frankly fresh
heart.gif
, perennial high style

img07901n.jpg

img07921.jpg

birds & berries, bough grey, dame's desire (if stars 'n' rockets were purple instead of pink), free to be
give me liberty of london (bottom of top pic, left on bottom pic)

img07881.jpg

dirty plum, prim & proper (peachier version of the perfect cheek. i'm in love!!!)

img07951.jpg

vestral white,
drools.gif
blue india
drools.gif

drools.gif
My list for this collection is now completely different. thanks for the great swatches Erine, we're lucky to have you!

Now I want:

- Bough Gray e/s
- Birds and berries e/s - I don' have Strike a Pose
- Blue India n/p

And these are my tentatives:
- Petals and Peacocks l/s is
drools.gif
, Erine, do you think I need it if I have GAT, Gladiola and Show orchid?
- Prim and Proper blush - another question Erine, do you think this one will show up on NW25? Can it be my nude blush? (I've been looking for one forever!)

Thanks for the answers in advance
th_DANCE.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I consider nude lipsticks to be colours that are closer to our skin colour. The colours that are similar to our actual lip colour are MLBB or YLBB, (my or your lips but better). So generally, nude lippies are beige-y pinks/peaches or straight up beige. This is my take on the nude lipstick.

Oh, and Dirty Plum doesn't look so dirty, it's a super gorgeous shade of plum. Aaahhh, why did I come to this thread? Was planning on skipping this collection (though I do like the packaging).

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
thmbup.gif
I was confused with all the mlbb and nude things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
You must not be the typically Finnish pale then. Personally, I don't get even close to my skin color with anything other than Equality from AA, AR, AS. Hue looks natural when I am a bit tanned, and Patisserie works in the summer. Most of the shades mentioned, however, look dark, almost brown on me.

Well I'm NC15 (though neutral undertones) and I've thought that is quite pale? But I have pigmented lips most of the time (only when I'm very cold they are more "colorless") so maybe that's why beigey tones might look odd on me? I don't know. Creme d' Nude for example is shade or couple darker than my skin. Modesty is pretty much the same colour as my lips usually. But now I know that the nudes are the beigey colours and not the mlbb-colours. I haven't found then a good nude for me. Closest to my skin colour might be Equality/Fleshpot for example (haven't swatched them though, but according to pictures?), but I bet I would look dead with them on?
th_dunno.gif
If someone could recommend a shade that might suit me that would help me alot!
yes.gif

My wishlist for this collection is after seeing the swatches:
- Birds & Berries (even though it looks like Strike A Pose, but I love that colour!)
- Bough Grey
- Give Me Liberty of London (pink!
team_pink.gif
)
- Shell Pearl
- Prim & Proper (looks so pretty!!)
- Ever Hip (maybe)
- Frankly Fresh
- English Accents

So..my list grew again.
mac_haul.gif

GlamYOURUs

Okay now I have a few questions in mind:

Is Petal & Peacocks anything like Hollywood Nights?

Is Ever Hip anything like See Sheer?

Is Perennial High Style anything like Sock Hop?

Is English Accents anything like Cultured?

Is Dame's Desire the same coloring as Violet pigment?

Is GMLOL anything like Pen & Pink?

Is Free To Be anything like Hot Hot Hot?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Okay now I have a few questions in mind:

Is Petal & Peacocks anything like Hollywood Nights?

Is Ever Hip anything like See Sheer?

Is Perennial High Style anything like Sock Hop?

Is English Accents anything like Cultured?

Is Dame's Desire the same coloring as Violet pigment?

Is GMLOL anything like Pen & Pink?

Is Free To Be anything like Hot Hot Hot?

great questions... i would love to know the answers also
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

I think erine said GMLOL is a pink that falls between between Rosy Outlook and Pen & Pink. Pretty sure I saw a post where she said she'd swatch Perennial High Style next to Sock Hop too.

MzzRach

I'm excited that Birds & Berries is quite different from Grey Range in the Photo Realism quad. B&B is so wonderfully vibrant and rich!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Based on Erin's fab swatches (
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
) my list is now:

Frankly Fresh l/g
Perennial High Style l/g
Birds & Berries e/s
Prim & Proper blush
Shell Pearl b/p
Summer Rose b/p *still a maybe*

winkiss.gif

mrsjakeryan

i just got invited to an unveiling event for this collection but its this tuesday and i'm leaving for vacation on monday!!
thmbdn.gif
booo! and i think i'm having residual SCF panic about things selling out before i can buy them. i'll be back on the 10th, so in time to purchase at the store when it actually launches on the 11th... i think i'm just causing myself to panic unnecessarily!
wacko.gif
haha

Latest posts