MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^Same here. I cannot bring myself to buy MAC's nail polishes. I'd rather stick with China Glaze (even though I cannot wait for The Poolside collection from China Glaze!).

Yeah seriously. I just bought so many from OPI and China Glaze. Im still not done with the Up & Away Collection of CG. lol

caramel_geek

Adding Blooming Lovely to my list...and crossing Birds & Berries off (already have Strike A Pose and loved it).
mac_wishlist.gif

Erine:
Any must haves from this collection? Recs?
greengrin.gif

caramel_geek

New list! (after seeing those lovely swatches)

mac_wishlist.gif

Ever Hip l/s
Blooming Lovely l/s
Frankly Fresh l/g
Bough Grey e/s
Prim & Proper blush
Shell Pearl bp

miss_primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I don't like that MAC n/p are less than the OPI ones and are more expensive. Thats being said, I am getting the blue one unless there's an OPI dupe somewhere...I am kinda scared of white nail polish even though it looks nice in the swatch haha.

I am loving Blooming Lovely! I am happy that this collection comes out around my b-day.

A dupe for this nail lacquer could possibly be Suzy Says Feng Shui from the Opi Hong Kong Collection. Temptalia has a swatch of it and describes it as a creamy darkened sky blue. Heres the link to a swatch OPI Hong Kong Collection: Review, Photos, Swatches — Part 2

caramel_geek

Still not too sure about these three
hmm.gif

Dirty Plum blush (not too sure if I should get it cause I'm a NC20)
Free to Be e/s
Give Me Liberty of London e/s

Anyone care to talk me out of it (or talk me into getting them)?
tong.gif

MissCrystal

hmmm doesn't bough grey look similar to pandimonum eyeshadow ?? i can't remember what collection it's from though ..

iheartangE

I SO wish I'd gotten Lavender Whip! I have Up the Amp and I love it but I don't know if I want Blooming Lovely for sure yet
th_dunno.gif

I'm of course getting another Peachstock since I'm almost out of the sample I got. And I gotta say, the coral lipstick and the dark purple lipgloss are lookin' mighty fine in those swatches too...!
winkiss.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer
A dupe for this nail lacquer could possibly be Suzy Says Feng Shui from the Opi Hong Kong Collection. Temptalia has a swatch of it and describes it as a creamy darkened sky blue. Heres the link to a swatch OPI Hong Kong Collection: Review, Photos, Swatches — Part 2

IMO, it seems like it could be duped any day now. GAWH, peppermint patty from sugarsweet and the green jade polish from Chanel seemed like my last chance for the color...but months later I get my perfect dupe at claires for $4.99 and now Maybelline even has a dupe out. No worries.

As provided by allacqueredup.com
Illamasqua Sirens Collection – Muse Nail Varnish | All Lacquered Up
illamasqua-muse-china-glaze-shower-together-dm.jpg

illamasqua-muse-rescue-beauty-teal.jpg

StrangeBeautiful Color Volume 3 Review & Swatches | All Lacquered Up
strange-beautiful-strangebeautiful-nail-polish-2-1.jpg

Edit: Erinne's Lovely Swatch, thank you!
img07951.jpg

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Pandamonium from Naughty Nauticals? The dark gray color with pretty sparkles in it?

yes.gif
it looks kinda the same to me ..

Goat Goat Etc.

Also, A Different Groove l/g is looking a lot like P.D.A l/g from Victoria's Secret Very Sexy make line and Temptation l/g from Medusa's Makeup.
yes.gif

Edit: The Very Sexy line either did or still does have one similar and more wine colored. So, 2 from Very Sexy then.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenchen
Erine1881, thanks for the swatches,
my list for this collection just expanded. I'm going to the un veiling forthis collection on March 2, Now I'm getting:
frankly fresh l/g
a different groove l/g
dirty plum blush
perennial high style (possible)
a different groove looks similar to 4n lipglass from the N collection erine1881, do you have 4n lipglass to compare by chance? I want to pick up 4n from the CCO , and I'm hoping both are different enought to warrant the 4n purchase..thank you!

i don't have 4N, sorry love.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer

not even close!
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
Still not too sure about these three
hmm.gif

Dirty Plum blush (not too sure if I should get it cause I'm a NC20)
Free to Be e/s
Give Me Liberty of London e/s

Anyone care to talk me out of it (or talk me into getting them)?
tong.gif

i'm NC20 and i can't wait for dirty plum! especially for fall (even tho its still winter hehe)!

i'm gonna get free to be this time (mostly cuz its coming in gratis, but also because i don't wanna spend money on it in pan form. but its still a pretty colour.

i say pass on GMLOL shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
hmmm doesn't bough grey look similar to pandimonum eyeshadow ?? i can't remember what collection it's from though ..

uh, no way jose!
nonono.gif

panamonium is definately a charchoal grey with silver sparkle. bough grey isn't really even grey. its a dirty green on the grey side.

no where even close whatsoever in a million years are you way off on that one crazy ace!
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Pandamonium from Naughty Nauticals? The dark gray color with pretty sparkles in it?

originally launched in the quad from balloonacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
IMO, it seems like it could be duped any day now. GAWH, peppermint patty from sugarsweet and the green jade polish from Chanel seemed like my last chance for the color...but months later I get my perfect dupe at claires for $4.99 and now Maybelline even has a dupe out. No worries.

As provided by allacqueredup.com
Illamasqua Sirens Collection – Muse Nail Varnish | All Lacquered Up
illamasqua-muse-china-glaze-shower-together-dm.jpg

illamasqua-muse-rescue-beauty-teal.jpg

StrangeBeautiful Color Volume 3 Review & Swatches | All Lacquered Up
strange-beautiful-strangebeautiful-nail-polish-2-1.jpg

Edit: Erinne's Lovely Swatch, thank you!
img07951.jpg

it looks closer to muse.

Gonzajuju

Thanks for the swatches, Erine1881!
I'm going to keep my list small for this collection since I had to take out a second mortgage for the Spring Color Forecast.
Bough Grey e/s
birds & berries e/s
blue india np (Erine, is this as streaky as the Spring Color Forecast nailpolishes?)

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I am sooo excited! I don't have Strike a Pose so Birds & Berries will be a new color for me. I also like the veluxe pearl formula wayy better than the starflash.

Thank you Erin for the swatches!!

I have Strike A Pose, but will get Birds & Berries as well. I love the special packaging and the color.

And n/p Blue India is awesome!
thmbup.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
img07931.jpg

birds & berries vs grey range

bough grey vs image maker

These two for me!
mac_haul.gif

Face2Mac

Thank you, Erine. You're the bestest and thank you for comparison swatches.

I am so glad this collection is coming out so I can stop obsessing over the lippies in SCF.

So now my definites are
Blooming Lovely-I have been killing Up the Amp lately for the winter. So this will be my baby Up the Amp.
Petals and Peacock
love.gif
Lou and I said the hot pinks were starting to look alike but this one is grown up sexy.
Frankly Fresh- a nude with kick.
Dames Desire- purple and lavendar run in my veins, so I have to get it.

Bough Grey now reminds me of mixing Flourishing and Saturnal. I did it on my hand and I think I come pretty close. So I will be skipping that one but I do think it is unique.

Latest posts