MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachapin_luv
I'm surprised you haven't owned it before. I LOVE Creme D' Nude to death. It will go with any lipgloss/dazzleglass/creamsheen glass, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gachapin_luv
Yes, you must
yes.gif

blink.gif

I haven't bought from the perm line for ages - except of foundation, powder, brushes.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Hue is so Beautiful!!!! One of my top pink nudes ever

Stop it!
lol.gif
I can't start buying MAC lipsticks - I always avoid them to help my wallet....

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Stop it!
lol.gif

Susanne, if you were to buy any, Hue and Creme d'Nude would be the ones.
yes.gif
You could allow yourself 2 right?
lol.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Susanne, if you were to buy any, Hue and Creme d'Nude would be the ones.
yes.gif
You could allow yourself 2 right?
lol.gif

Well... I will definitely try them at the counter on Monday
sigh.gif

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Stop it!
lol.gif

LOL i do too but SCF got me this time
nope.gif

my list is only for Bough Grey e/s eyeshasow
yes.gif

PinkBasset

I've always thought nudes to be the my-lips-but-better shades, but from what I read in most cases people tend to consider the beigey shades as nudes?
th_dunno.gif
Can someones lips actually be so pale, let's say like myth, for it to be considered an actual nude (again - I thought nude means like to be naked but enhanced in make-up world, like to go for your lip colour, not to make your lips the same colour as your skin)? Maybe mine are too pigmented 'cause those shades makes my lips look like they have concealer all over (not sexy) and even I'm so pale it looks corpsey (is that a word?
lol.gif
). Creme d' Nude is right on the edge whether it looks good on me or not. It turns a bit pinkish on me and it's not so full on opaque like satins or mattes so I can still use it with a light hand. It is still not the most natural looking on myself. What I think, for me, the better nudes are the ones like Modesty, Masque, Faux, Bare etc.. Is it just me that thinks when lipstick colour is paler than the actual skin it looks weird?
001_unsure.gif
Is there any sense what I'm saying or am I completely clueless on this nude matter?

erine1881

img07841.jpg

blooming lovely, ever hip, peachstock, petals & peacocks

img07861.jpg

a different groove, english accents,
heart.gif
frankly fresh
heart.gif
, perennial high style

img07901n.jpg

img07921.jpg

birds & berries, bough grey, dame's desire (if stars 'n' rockets were purple instead of pink), free to be
give me liberty of london (bottom of top pic, left on bottom pic)

img07881.jpg

dirty plum, prim & proper (peachier version of the perfect cheek. i'm in love!!!)

img07951.jpg

vestral white,
drools.gif
blue india
drools.gif

erine1881

img07931.jpg

birds & berries vs grey range

bough grey vs image maker

img07971x.jpg

which is which?

birds & berries, strike a pose?
strike a pose, birds & berries?

its the first one-birds & berries, strike a pose

B&B has the teensiest, weensiest more green, where SAP is more blue. but can you really tell the difference?
ssad.gif

kiss

I am sooo excited! I don't have Strike a Pose so Birds & Berries will be a new color for me. I also like the veluxe pearl formula wayy better than the starflash. I can't wait to see the bags!

AudreyNicole

Ok, here come the questions...
lol.gif

Erine...
What is your honest opinion on GMLOL e/s? Is it as sucky as Rosy Outlook, payoff wise?
lol.gif

How is Prim and Proper different from Personal Style from All Races?
Is Frankly Fresh more peachy or nude on the lips?
Is English Accents more pink or purple?

After seeing the swatches, I definately want Birds & Berries, Bough Grey, Dame's Desire, and Blue India. I like the looks of English Accents too... UGH, my poor wallet.

coachkitten

Thank you so much Erin!
smiles.gif

It looks like Blooming lovely lipstick & English Accents lipglass have jumped on to my list of wants from this collection.

vixo

Erine, thanks a lot for the swatches. I checked this thread three times today
smiles.gif

Petals & Peacocks will be mine !!!! I love it !
I'm not so sure about Blooming Lovely though - It's a bit too dark, actually it reminds me a bit of Up The Amp, that I alredy have.

Prim & Proper is gorgeous
smiles.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I've always thought nudes to be the my-lips-but-better shades, but from what I read in most cases people tend to consider the beigey shades as nudes?
th_dunno.gif
Can someones lips actually be so pale, let's say like myth, for it to be considered an actual nude (again - I thought nude means like to be naked but enhanced in make-up world, like to go for your lip colour, not to make your lips the same colour as your skin)? Maybe mine are too pigmented 'cause those shades makes my lips look like they have concealer all over (not sexy) and even I'm so pale it looks corpsey (is that a word?
lol.gif
). Creme d' Nude is right on the edge whether it looks good on me or not. It turns a bit pinkish on me and it's not so full on opaque like satins or mattes so I can still use it with a light hand. It is still not the most natural looking on myself. What I think, for me, the better nudes are the ones like Modesty, Masque, Faux, Bare etc.. Is it just me that thinks when lipstick colour is paler than the actual skin it looks weird?
001_unsure.gif
Is there any sense what I'm saying or am I completely clueless on this nude matter?

I consider nude lipsticks to be colours that are closer to our skin colour. The colours that are similar to our actual lip colour are MLBB or YLBB, (my or your lips but better). So generally, nude lippies are beige-y pinks/peaches or straight up beige. This is my take on the nude lipstick.

Oh, and Dirty Plum doesn't look so dirty, it's a super gorgeous shade of plum. Aaahhh, why did I come to this thread? Was planning on skipping this collection (though I do like the packaging).

GlamYOURUs

Holy shit!

Oops sorry!

But OMGGGGG, I was thinking only to get Petal & Peacocks but screw that!

My List:
P&P
BL
EH
EA
PHS (IF ITS NOT LIKE SOCK HOP)
Prim & Proper

Its all about the lippies for me in this collection! eeeeeeeeee I am excited!!!! Thanks Erine!

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
img07931.jpg

birds & berries vs grey range

bough grey vs image maker

img07971x.jpg

which is which?

birds & berries, strike a pose?
strike a pose, birds & berries?

its the first one-birds & berries, strike a pose

B&B has the teensiest, weensiest more green, where SAP is more blue. but can you really tell the difference?
ssad.gif

OMG thank you so much for that comparison! birds and berries was on my list, I already have strike a pose, to me I couldn't tell the difference based on your swatch so I'll take those off and I'll get 2 of the lipglosses a different groove and frankly fresh.
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Cripes, now I don't know what I want.

Thanks for the swatches Erine. I *heart* you.

i
heart.gif
you too love!

Quote:
What is your honest opinion on GMLOL e/s? Is it as sucky as Rosy Outlook, payoff wise?
lol.gif

it has more colour, but ever so slightly. if you have the light pink matte2 i'd say you're fine with just that. the colour of GMLOL falls between that and RO.

Quote:
How is Prim and Proper different from Personal Style from All Races?

personal style had to be layered big time to show up on me. i didn't like it at all. this is more peachy, but still nudeish like the perfect cheek. oh so much better than personal style!
yes.gif

Quote:
Is Frankly Fresh more peachy or nude on the lips?

its a peachy nude. kinda hard to describe. its a peachier, shimmier version of 2N, without the rank stench that 2N has had for both of its appearances!

Quote:
Is English Accents more pink or purple?

its more pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixo
I'm not so sure about Blooming Lovely though - It's a bit too dark, actually it reminds me a bit of Up The Amp, that I alredy have.

blooming lovely is the baby of up the amp and lavender whip!!!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i
heart.gif
you too love!

it has more colour, but ever so slightly. if you have the light pink matte2 i'd say you're fine with just that. the colour of GMLOL falls between that and RO.

personal style had to be layered big time to show up on me. i didn't like it at all. this is more peachy, but still nudeish like the perfect cheek. oh so much better than personal style!
yes.gif

its more pink.

Thank you for answering allllll of my questions
smiles.gif
I will pass on Frankly Fresh and GMLOL e/s for now (may pick them up if the budget allows later). Adding Prim & Proper and English Accents to the definate list. So, my list for this collection is:

Birds & Berries e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Dame's Desire e/s
English Accents l/g
Prim & Proper Blush
Shell Pearl BP
Blue India n/p

I have Lavender Whip and don't wear it much, so I will skip Blooming Lovely. I don't care for the Amplified finish anyway. I think English Accents will be awesome with Two Virtues Blush from Too Fabulous!
yes.gif