MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitzstephanie
Same! I didn't even know this blush existed. Does anyone know the finish of Prom & Proper blush? TIA.

did i not include a pic of my book swatches of the blush? weird.
th_dunno.gif

i was off today, but we got stock that i'll be working on tmrw, so fingers crossed this collection was in there! if so, skin swatches will be had!!!

Honey&LemonGirl

I wish true nudes like CdN worked on my skin tone but they make me look really washed out.
ssad.gif
So I usually go for sheerer nudes or nudes tinted with pink or peach--which is why I'm anticipating Peachstock!! Anyone know how it compares to Freckletone?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
I wish true nudes like CdN worked on my skin tone but they make me look really washed out.
ssad.gif
So I usually go for sheerer nudes or nudes tinted with pink or peach--which is why I'm anticipating Peachstock!! Anyone know how it compares to Freckletone?

from swatches it looks a bit more opaque than freckletone.

xoleaxo

i love the packaging of this collection! i haven't really been interested in any collections for the past year.. my addiction is starting to pick up again.

my list so far is:
shell pearl
birds & berries
one of the lipsticks..
one of the lipglasses..
the medium makeup bag! (where are the pics??)

caramel_geek

Quote:
ssad.gif

I'm a NC20 too, and I tried CDN on last week at my counter and it really washed me out (please don't hate me. I still love all you CDN groupies out there
th_hug.gif
). The MA was giving me the
thmbdn.gif
. Then she tried Blankety on me and it was
heart.gif
at first sight
yes.gif

Blankety is not as nude as CDN. It has a slight brown/pink hint to it. I paired it with a smokey eye last night and absolutely loved it. Give it a try when you're at the counter next time
winkiss.gif

LMD84

i just got sent peachstock lipstick (as well as myth from my back to mac stuff) i loove it! very pretty and it seems to look ok on my skintone, but i'm not wearing any make up today. so will try it tommorow when i have my 'face' on
smiles.gif

esme77

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i was off today, but we got stock that i'll be working on tmrw, so fingers crossed this collection was in there! if so, skin swatches will be had!!!

If there's any chance you could compare Birds & Berries and Bough Grey to the Photo Realism Quad, it would be amazing!!!

vixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
I'm a NC20 too, and I tried CDN on last week at my counter and it really washed me out (please don't hate me. I still love all you CDN groupies out there
th_hug.gif
). The MA was giving me the
thmbdn.gif
heart.gif
at first sight
yes.gif

Blankety is not as nude as CDN. It has a slight brown/pink hint to it. I paired it with a smokey eye last night and absolutely loved it. Give it a try when you're at the counter next time
winkiss.gif

I never tried CDN (no Mac stores around!) but I absolutely ADORE Blankety, it's my perfect nude lipstick
smiles.gif

And it's an Amplified, I love Amplifieds !

iheartangE

Quote:
ssad.gif

I have both Peachstock and Freckletone. Aside from the texture difference (Freckletone is sheerer and shinier), the colors are pretty similar. Freckletone is more of an orangey-peach color while Peachstock is pinker. I love both for different reasons-I find Freckletone to be an actual "peach" lipstick while Peachstock is more of a warm pink-nude.

HTH!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
heart.gif
at first sight
yes.gif

winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixo
I never tried CDN (no Mac stores around!) but I absolutely ADORE Blankety, it's my perfect nude lipstick
smiles.gif

And it's an Amplified, I love Amplifieds !

Agreed with raves on Blankety, it's a lower maintenance nude. I can wear it everyday and it looks gorge. I love my Myth too but I only wear it with smokey eyes or under some of my other lipsticks to tone my lips down.

erine1881

I'm on my lunch break right now, but just wanted to pop on real quick and say,

Guess what came in shipment today!?!?!?
choochoo.gif

LMD84

Quote:

choochoo.gif

ooohhh! lucky you!
smiles.gif
i'm jealous!
smiles.gif

abbyquack

It's funny to see what colors of nudes each of us swears by. I bought Peachstock a while back but it looked horrid on me so I promptly got rid of it. I like Blankety (wearing it now!) but my everyday, go to is Fleshpot! I know it doesn't look good on everyone, which is why I like seeing everyone's opinions here on different products.

Now I said earlier that I was going to try hard to resist this collection, but I'm afraid I might not be able to!
lol.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
It's funny to see what colors of nudes each of us swears by. I bought Peachstock a while back but it looked horrid on me so I promptly got rid of it. I like Blankety (wearing it now!) but my everyday, go to is Fleshpot! I know it doesn't look good on everyone, which is why I like seeing everyone's opinions here on different products.

Now I said earlier that I was going to try hard to resist this collection, but I'm afraid I might not be able to!
lol.gif

These discussions are especially interesting, because of the vast difference in what is considered a "nude" depending on skintone.

MACPixie

Quote:

choochoo.gif

Can't wait for swatches!

AudreyNicole

Quote:

choochoo.gif

th_happy1.gif
WHEN are you going home!??!?!
th_happy1.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Ok, Peachstock is definately off of my list. I got Creme d'Nude today. OMG, someone tell me WHY I didn't get this sooner?
th_drool.gif
I may never need another nude lippie again. Creme d'Nude is perfection. Thank goodness it's permanent.
lol.gif

Another candidate for my first BTM lippie
winks.gif