MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

makeupgrrl

Say what? I open the box at least by the end of the day just to make sure my order is right, and if it's new stuff, to try on everything immediately like a kid in their mom's makeup!
I open them to check and make sure everything is in there then half the time the go in my closet and remain in the box until I can get around to finally using them. I feel like if I try them on, I will have too many used lipsticks at one particular time. I am really trying to use up the ones I have open already before opening more. I have Heroine BNIB that I have been wanting to use, but I just can't bring myself to opening it with so many already open.

CartoonChic

I open them to check and make sure everything is in there then half the time the go in my closet and remain in the box until I can get around to finally using them. I feel like if I try them on, I will have too many used lipsticks at one particular time. I am really trying to use up the ones I have open already before opening more. I have Heroine BNIB that I have been wanting to use, but I just can't bring myself to opening it with so many already open.
All of my lipsticks are open and in use (except for BUs of course). I want to use them and enjoy them while I have them.

KMQE716

The lipstick or the polish?
lipstick. my little stubs don't need no polish
girlhaha.gif

Yazmin

I have an extra Grey Friday if anyone is still looking. I got it for one of my SAs but she ended up getting one from someone else.

MissTT

Actually, since I've seen some folks have items missing lately I have been making sure to open the box to verify the order within a week. But since CC got an empty box I may need to inspect each and every item and probably do it on day 1 or 2.

BuickMackane

Cracked open my Grey Friday! Thanks kimibos!
bouquet.gif

I wore it with NYX 1000 Years liner. It's a medium-dark neutral on me, nothing weird or edgy about it. I got it primarily for the novelty value so I never though I'd say this but I think I'll get a lot of wear from this lippie! I love it!
heart.gif

I would describe it a darker (and possibly cooler) cousin of Riveting, which is one of my absolute favourites.

martiangurll

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

IF you have GF (or UD Oil Slick) try it layered over Seasoned Plum. Wowza.

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore). I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)

BuickMackane

Wore UD Oil Slick (my cheap version of GF that I got because I was impatient to track one down) over Seasoned Plum today and I wanted to marry myself.

My GF lippy that I hunted high and low to find is of course waiting to be tried on (but at least it isn;t in the box anymore). I need a good night out or fun activity to inspire me to wear it (it would be a little too edgy for my workplace)
I'm definitely giving it a shot! Perhaps lippies such as Heroine, Quick Sizzle and Deeply Adored would also work.

I had to reapply GF several times during the course of the day and I found that the number of layers make a massive difference (I'm quite new to Frosts). I wore a single layer in the morning, but the last time I reapplied I used three swipes. Whoa! Gunmetal! I like the effect, but I'll probably stick to one layer.

MACina

eyelove.gif
....that sounds gorgeous!

I have to try this combo....and I have to try other purple lippies too!

martiangurll

Let me know if you find any other interesting combos. I am wondering about layering over a red to get a blackened red...

Yazmin

I have both (GF & SP), so I'll definitely try this!

MACina

I tried Potent Fig + GF and love this combo too....a pretty blackened purple
eyelove.gif

Now I have to try GF with reds!
I am always looking for blackened reds and you are so right....GF might be perfect to turn "normal" (deeper) reds
into blackened reds
pompom.gif

I think it would be fun to layer it over a black liner (or really dark brown) and try and cancel out the rosy tint of my lips. Wonder if anyone tried it over erase paste or a nude lippy like Fleshpot--I may try this as well. I am really curious to try it over a bright lippy like Quick Sizzle--that would be interesting too. Sounds like I will have some experimenting to do tonight
Let me know if you find any other interesting combos. I am wondering about layering over a red to get a blackened red...

MissTT

Yeah when GF came out I was expecting to see pics of people wearing it over their other lippies, but I only recall maybe one person posting and I think it was a swatch. I'd love to see how people are using GF for a more everyday look. (I'm assuming most don't wear grey/black lipstick to work.)

Mac-Guy

Yeah when GF came out I was expecting to see pics of people wearing it over their other lippies, but I only recall maybe one person posting and I think it was a swatch. I'd love to see how people are using GF for a more everyday look. (I'm assuming most don't wear grey/black lipstick to work.)
It's probably more a collector's item, that's why we have seen less swatches or lip swatches.

BuickMackane

I do. Not when we have staff meetings or when I'm lecturing though. My students probably think I'm nuts, but that's good because it keeps them on their toes
devil.gif

GF didn't look like a metallic grey on me when I applied just one layer over P&P lip. It looked more like a cool taupe with a bit of a sheen. It's possible the liner I paired it with added a bit of warmth to it (NYX 1000 Years). It was basically a darker Riveting.

I kept the eyes very simple, with Inglot DS 501 on the eyelids and a bit of UD Heist on the crease, just to add some depth. Plus the compulsory thin line of black eyeliner, no flick. I think GF will handle some colour on the eyes but I didn't want to push my luck as it was my first time wearing it.

Cheeks were Pink Cult. I've used it several times each week since the wonderful Gracie CPd it for me. It's been my no-brainer blush when I wear statement eyes or lips in cool tones. Love it!