MAC Grey Friday Collection Discussion (November 2012)

aradhana

It's probably more a collector's item, that's why we have seen less swatches or lip swatches.
i think you are right...and also there was a bit of a deluge of awesome lipsticks released right around /just after when this came out....i felt like it got kinda eclipsed by the taste temptation thanksgiving hoo-ha and what not...

liba

i think you are right...and also there was a bit of a deluge of awesome lipsticks released right around /just after when this came out....i felt like it got kinda eclipsed by the taste temptation thanksgiving hoo-ha and what not...
There was SUCH a deluge. I've gotten to the point where I just make myself rotate to a new one every day, but sadly GF doesn't get as much love, because I really have to wear a full face of foundation with it for it to look at its best on me. I've worn the polish for a few weeks, though.

It's going to look great with the All Woman quad on the eyes!

Mac-Guy

That's why I skipped it. For me, it is one of those hot-today-forgotten-tomorrow shades that just sold because it was LE.

liba

That's why I skipped it. For me, it is one of those hot-today-forgotten-tomorrow shades that just sold because it was LE.
Plus to be honest, the Gunmetal Estee Lauder one is a bit more versatile, since it's sheerer - at least if you can stand that fig fragrance (which I find kind of annoying).

MACina

Me too....and that is the reason why I won' t purchase more EL lippies.
I had no idea what the EL lippies would smell like when I got Gunmetal!
I use it because I like the color but that' s it.
Plus to be honest, the Gunmetal Estee Lauder one is a bit more versatile, since it's sheerer - at least if you can stand that fig fragrance (which I find kind of annoying).

Prettypackages

I finally opened my box. It was Grey Friday. LOL
For me, I've just been busy since Txgiving. Plus when my break in happened I hadn't felt like being bothered with make up. Now I'm even busier and I'm lucky if I put on concealer and mascara.

Pinkdollface

Here I'm wearing Grey Friday. In the same crappy light as Firm Form. I like it, but it needs a lipliner I think. I'll try it with Currant, because it's lighter than FF I don't want to use Nightmoth. I think Currant will give it a nice purple undertone and make it apply more even. I had some problems getting it even, but I do like the colour.

aradhana

true...i guess mac was banking on that with the guerrilla-sale tactic!
i know what you mean about it being trendy at the moment, but i would think that for certain people it will probably always be a shade that fits in with their personal style.

BuickMackane

Anyone still wearing their Grey Friday lippies?

I decided to give mine a whirl today, with Stone liner. I'd forgotten how much I liked this lipstick
heart.gif

The eyes are a crazy Mega Metals medley - Dalliance inner 1/2, Ego outer 1/2, Odalisque on the crease. Lower lashline - A thin line of Plum Noir on the outer 1/2, with Sexpectations slighly below it on the outer 3/4. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts and I figured people at work would leave me alone if I looked slightly batty. I wish I had Paparaz-she too. It would definitely made its way into this look. I'm still kicking myself for skipping it
getyou.gif

liba

Anyone still wearing their Grey Friday lippies?

I decided to give mine a whirl today, with Stone liner. I'd forgotten how much I liked this lipstick
heart.gif

The eyes are a crazy Mega Metals medley - Dalliance inner 1/2, Ego outer 1/2, Odalisque on the crease. Lower lashline - A thin line of Plum Noir on the outer 1/2, with Sexpectations slighly below it on the outer 3/4. I'm feeling a bit out of sorts and I figured people at work would leave me alone if I looked slightly batty. I wish I had Paparaz-she too. It would definitely made its way into this look. I'm still kicking myself for skipping it
getyou.gif
The orange shadow coming up in Art of the Eye is like a matte version of Paparazz-she. It's a great color. I've already got Paparaz-she but if I didn't, I'd be snagging the Art of the Eye one!

BuickMackane

The orange shadow coming up in Art of the Eye is like a matte version of Paparazz-she. It's a great color. I've already got Paparaz-she but if I didn't, I'd be snagging the Art of the Eye one!
That's good to know, thank you! I'll have to make do with that one until I somehow manage to get hold of Paparaz-she. I love the Mega Metal formula. There are a lot of suspiciously cheap Mega Metals floating around on eBay but not Paparaz-she. I'd probably be tempted to buy it if it were, in the off chance that it might be genuine
lol.gif

lilinah

I'm still wearing it, although i confess i wear Firm Form more often. I'm very happy with these sheer greys. Since my lips are strongly colored naturally, they kinda warm the greys up a bit.

BuickMackane

I'm still wearing it, although i confess i wear Firm Form more often. I'm very happy with these sheer greys. Since my lips are strongly colored naturally, they kinda warm the greys up a bit.
Oh, I wear FF pretty often too. They'll probably be harder to pull off in summer so I'm making the most of both lippies now (it's not quite summer here).

I couldn't agree more with you re: sheer greys. Initially I was a bit disappointed about GF's frost finish and wished it were an Amplified. I don't think I'd have got so much use out of it if it were.

rocksteadybaby

Here are the lip pencil comparison swatches. Latte and Sweet Bean are pearlized. I'm not sure if the difference between Stone and 1000 Years is coming across in the picture. Stone looks more taupe in person. It seems like a matte version of Sweet Bean when I look at the colors on my hand.

NYX Black Berry - MAC Stone - NYX 1000 Years - NYX Latte - NYX Sweet Bean

I'm really liking these NYX swatches I need to get my hands on some . Are they good like Mac liners ? Do you get good color pay off ?

Prettypackages

great color payoff... not as creamy as MAC, but other than that, they are just as good. Colors might be hard to find in stores... I actually prefer NYX Toast over MAC cork...

Latest posts