MAC Haute Dogs Collection (August 13, 2015)

montREALady

I don't know about anyone else, but my order (with both brushes $22) is showing as shipped. I wasn't going to get them at $42, but at $22....why the heck not?
Mine says it's expected to ship on Friday. I threw in the VGMiley lipglass to make the $25 since I only got the lipstick when it came out. That's ready for me to pick up at my local Macy's. It wouldn't let me pick up the brush in store, boooo. I see it's $42 today though.

MissLiLaC

Excuse the extremely minimal makeup day but here is labradorable applied extremely lightly and blended in (like a stain). I wanted to try it but not full out without other makeup on haha. Really pretty color.
So pretty :eyelove: I may need to pick this up

Odelia

So I am using Great Dame today...not too happy. It was so sheer I really had to build it up. :./ I used my sigma E10 liner brush, anyone using another brush and feels like the fluidlines are applying not so sheer? :/ I have rich ground from another older collection and it applies much better.. wondering if i have a dud :/
Oh noes!! That's worrying to hear! :'(

Odelia

I know there haven't been many swatches online so here is VIP on my nails. I've worn it for about a day and a half so far. :heart:
p.s: no base and no top coat. I was a total lazy girl :D

montREALady

I don't know about anyone else, but my order (with both brushes $22) is showing as shipped.  I wasn't going to get them at $42, but at $22....why the heck not?
Mine says it's expected to ship on Friday. I threw in the VGMiley lipglass to make the $25 since I only got the lipstick when it came out. That's ready for me to pick up at my local Macy's. It wouldn't let me pick up the brush in store, boooo. I see it's $42 today though.
It shipped. Btw, I "qualified" for a sample and they're shipping it separately :sigh: They crack me up re throwing in ONE sample and acting like it's a big deal :lol:

B

Buffy89

p.s: no base and no top coat. I was a total lazy girl
greengrin.gif
Awww that color's pretty! I already know it'll look weird against my hands' skintone, but it's nice to look at
sigh.gif

Btw, I'd go nuts without quick dry topcoat...literally no polish, no matter which brand or formula, dries properly on my nails so that there'll be those embossings from my bedsheets in the polish when I wake up, even if I don't apply the polish in the evening. Or I'm destroying my nails myself, pushing all kinds of dents into the polish by accident. I really dunno how other people can have great manis without quick drying topcoat
cry.gif
lol.gif

GreenEyedAllie

Awww that color's pretty! I already know it'll look weird against my hands' skintone, but it's nice to look at :sigh: Btw, I'd go nuts without quick dry topcoat...literally no polish, no matter which brand or formula, dries properly on my nails so that there'll be those embossings from my bedsheets in the polish when I wake up, even if I don't apply the polish in the evening. Or I'm destroying my nails myself, pushing all kinds of dents into the polish by accident. I really dunno how other people can have great manis without quick drying topcoat :cry: :lol:
I hated doing my own nails until I found out about Seche Vite.

iShadow

So I am using Great Dame today...not too happy. It was so sheer I really had to build it up.
:./
I used my sigma E10 liner brush, anyone using another brush and feels like the fluidlines are applying not so sheer? :/

I have rich ground from another older collection and it applies much better.. wondering if i have a dud :/
MAC is major special needs when it comes to burgundy eye stuff. Dark Diversion was legit, but take Looking Good Fluidline from MAC is Beauty for example; that thing is pathetic.

The only real way to get color payoff with someone like Great Dame or Looking Good is to use something like a 212, 266 or 263 that has more surface area to "stamp" the color on. Brushing it on in strokes is just going to sheer it back out, you have to pretty much pat it on to get it to show up. Hopefully that makes sense..

B

Buffy89

MAC is major special needs when it comes to burgundy eye stuff. Dark Diversion was legit, but take Looking Good Fluidline from MAC is Beauty for example; that thing is pathetic.

The only real way to get color payoff with someone like Great Dame or Looking Good is to use something like a 212, 266 or 263 that has more surface area to "stamp" the color on. Brushing it on in strokes is just going to sheer it back out, you have to pretty much pat it on to get it to show up. Hopefully that makes sense..
Haven't tried Looking Good bacause it was out of stock here most of the time, but I was planning to purchase Great Dame (already back when the working name was Dark Diversion in some previews). My DD from the Styleseeker collection was all right, but it's already so old that I think I need to repurchase it. I mostly use the 266 brush for gel liners, so my application technique might help a little. I always draw a line first and then fill all the gaps and sheer spots, patting the product on, just as you describe. There are many shades that aren't as creamy and opaque as I'd like them to be, such as Siahi or Shade from Mac is Beauty. They're quite dry in texture and using a fine, pointed brush doesn't work at all. But the colors in general are so pretty, I think, so the annoying application is worth the effort.
If anyone else bought Great Dame, I'd be curious to hear what you think about it, especially if you think it's worth purchasing if I still got some bits of my old DD. Such a bummer. But more budget for other items, lol.

montREALady

MAC is major special needs when it comes to burgundy eye stuff. Dark Diversion was legit, but take Looking Good Fluidline from MAC is Beauty for example; that thing is pathetic. The only real way to get color payoff with someone like Great Dame or Looking Good is to use something like a 212, 266 or 263 that has more surface area to "stamp" the color on. Brushing it on in strokes is just going to sheer it back out, you have to pretty much pat it on to get it to show up. Hopefully that makes sense..
I tried Looking Good when it came out in store and it looked so nice! Used it as a liner. I never bought it because I can't spend that much on a Fluidline. I don't use that formula often enough. I honestly pat on most of my shadows for impact. That's just my thing! :haha: Then smooth if I need to...

HappyHippy

Awww that color's pretty! I already know it'll look weird against my hands' skintone, but it's nice to look at
sigh.gif

Btw, I'd go nuts without quick dry topcoat...literally no polish, no matter which brand or formula, dries properly on my nails so that there'll be those embossings from my bedsheets in the polish when I wake up, even if I don't apply the polish in the evening. Or I'm destroying my nails myself, pushing all kinds of dents into the polish by accident. I really dunno how other people can have great manis without quick drying topcoat
cry.gif
lol.gif
INM out the door topcoat is also a quick dry topcoat. My personal secret to succes is three thin layers with a 5 minute wait in between every layer and a movie after. I have read that it will take three hours for nailpolish to completely be dry and I never had a nailpolish mailfunction if I let it dry so long. Three hours might look like a lot of time but it's only a few episodes of your favorite tv serie.

B

Buffy89

INM out the door topcoat is also a quick dry topcoat. My personal secret to succes is three thin layers with a 5 minute wait in between every layer and a movie after. I have read that it will take three hours for nailpolish to completely be dry and I never had a nailpolish mailfunction if I let it dry so long. Three hours might look like a lot of time but it's only a few episodes of your favorite tv serie.
Thanks for this tip, definitely something I could try on a Sunday afternoon. For some weird reason, when I'm doing my pedi, everything dries quickly without quick dry topcoat and lasts forever.
At the moment, I'm using Essie Good to go (which gets thick and goopy when the bottle's half empty, booh) and Butter London (forgot the specific name). I apply color polish 2 times but I don't really wait long between each layer because the topcoat will do its job. Then I apply 2 layers of TC, and I avoid doing anything with my hands for about 30 minutes. Then I'm done and ready to go. Manis are like science, lol.

starletta8

I've been trying hard to ignore the brushes but I can't. I see both coming home with me Friday. Trying to stay out of the mall till then!

Monsy

Thanks for this tip, definitely something I could try on a Sunday afternoon. For some weird reason, when I'm doing my pedi, everything dries quickly without quick dry topcoat and lasts forever.
At the moment, I'm using Essie Good to go (which gets thick and goopy when the bottle's half empty, booh) and Butter London (forgot the specific name). I apply color polish 2 times but I don't really wait long between each layer because the topcoat will do its job. Then I apply 2 layers of TC, and I avoid doing anything with my hands for about 30 minutes. Then I'm done and ready to go. Manis are like science, lol.
2 coats of top coat is too much

if you want something super fast drying try nails inc caviar top coat it dries in minutes