MAC Haute Dogs Collection (August 13, 2015)

CrimsonQuill157

MAC is major special needs when it comes to burgundy eye stuff. Dark Diversion was legit, but take Looking Good Fluidline from MAC is Beauty for example; that thing is pathetic. The only real way to get color payoff with someone like Great Dame or Looking Good is to use something like a 212, 266 or 263 that has more surface area to "stamp" the color on. Brushing it on in strokes is just going to sheer it back out, you have to pretty much pat it on to get it to show up. Hopefully that makes sense..
Huh. I love Looking Good. I wear it often. I saw this in store today. One of the SAs was wearing Labradorable and it was terribly patchy on her.

BeautyFan55

I would love to see Great Dame used as an eyeliner. I'm still on the fence about it.

There are very few swatches for this collection on Specktra and online.... I guess it wasn't a hit.
001_unsure.gif

v0ltagekid

I would love to see Great Dame used as an eyeliner. I'm still on the fence about it.

There are very few swatches for this collection on Specktra and online.... I guess it wasn't a hit.
001_unsure.gif
I was gonna post a pic with mine, but it is not good. Sheer and hard to build up. Fades quickly.. ugh returning it asap

BeautyFan55

I was gonna post a pic with mine, but it is not good. Sheer and hard to build up. Fades quickly.. ugh returning it asap 
Thanks for letting me know. I wish the fluid line was actually Dark Diversion. I guess I will save those coins for Macnificent Me.

GreenEyedAllie

My haul for this collection ended up being large: Great Dane, Pure Bred, Rare Breed, and both face brushes (thanks to $22 Macy's issue). GD-It's my understanding this is Dark Diversion renamed. When I ordered, it was listed as DD, but upon arrival, all boxes and labels said GD. It's fine. Takes a little more work and need to apply in short strokes...the color is lovely...we'll see once I play more. RB-Beautiful pinky nude with subtle gold shimmer. Wore very comfortably. I would say not essential unless you collect nudes or are new to them. It is very close to Charlotte Tilbury Confession, but more pink. PB-Super pretty colors that blend together beautifully. Much more pigmented if you dampen brush before applying. I was pleasantly surprised and glad I got it. Worth $46? Probably not unless you're dying for the color combo. I found the frost generally subtle except the plum shade. Brushes-Drying after their baths. I played with these after LO fell asleep and wanted to share a pic, but it looked a muddy mess with the bathroom light even though it looked great in person. I'll try for pics sometime soon.

Honi

Rare Breed, I actually liked this more than I had imagined. It's very comfortable to wear and a really nice pinky nude.

GreenEyedAllie

Rare Breed, I actually liked this more than I had imagined. It's very comfortable to wear and a really nice pinky nude.

Beautiful photos! RB looks great on you! I really like it do, and it is very comfy. I'm still debating labradorable, but I keep hearing about patchiness. For those ladies that have it, what are your experiences? And do you wear liners? I tend to go 'liner-nekkid.'

javadoo

:bigstar:
Ooh, can you swatch? I'm wondering if it's similar to Midnight Mambo.
Ooh, can you swatch? I'm wondering if it's similar to Midnight Mambo.
Beautiful photos!  RB looks great on you!  I really like it do, and it is very comfy.  I'm still debating labradorable, but I keep hearing about patchiness.  For those ladies that have it, what are your experiences?  And do you wear liners?  I tend to go 'liner-nekkid.'
I have Labradorable...and I LOVE it. I haven't had any issue with patchiness and I don't wear it with liner. It goes on smoothly and feels light, but it's not sheer and it's not drying. The finish is beautiful, the color is gorgeous and it wears evenly, but when it does start to wear off it leaves the most gorgeous stain behind. I am very happy with it.

GreenEyedAllie

I am very happy with it.
Thanks! I'll have to see if it's still in stock at my local Macy's Mac to swatch and what not. I just have no time nor inclination to use liners (cool for those that do!)...it's why my Heaux backup is on it's way back. I'm keeping the one I used because the color is fantastic, but I'll only use it for special occasions when I feel like messing with a liner.

ETA--Love your doggie avatar...something to do with your love of labradorable???

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This launched over here today. The only thing I was still interested in was Very Important Poodle, but we didn't get that one, it was showing as SO right away.
rants.gif

B

Buffy89

This launched over here today. The only thing I was still interested in was Very Important Poodle, but we didn't get that one, it was showing as SO right away. :rants:
I didn't order anything either. I'm only interested in the nude lipsticks now, but although they're pretty, they're not quite unique. I'm going to Paris this weekend so I'll rather have a look at Nars stuff instead, which is more special to me. I've talked myself out of the palettes, they're almost as pricey as Chanel quads and Tisse d'automne has caught my eye.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I've talked myself out of the palettes, they're almost as pricey as Chanel quads and Tisse d'automne has caught my eye.
Ooh, have fun in Paris! I would do the same, I'm sure you'll find some nice things there. And I agree on the quads, they're pricey.

HeatherGrinnell

956bc190_image.jpeg
I went into my MAC counter for some eyeliner and came out with a haul! I wasn't interested in this collection at first but I'm loving the brushes!! So soft. I can't wait to do my makeup tomorrow and use them. I also picked up Rare Breed and Fashion Pack.

Prettypackages

HOw are the shape and shading powders?
I ended up with all the brushes and just used some nordies notes. Sorry I missed the Macy's screw up though. LOL

LauraLara

I ended up getting Rare Breed and Fashion Pack, idk, I just like how the mineralized lipsticks sound, creamy and moisturizing... And they're such nice nude-with-a-hint-of-flavor colors.