MAC Haute Dogs Collection (August 13, 2015)

xochtl

I got the two face brushes! They are awesome. Can't wait to play with them more. On another note, the new MAC site is so bad. I clicked a product link on it the other day and it linked me out to the Google home page. GOOGLE. What. Get it together. Can't even stand to browse there anymore.

montREALady

HOw are the shape and shading powders?   I ended up with all the brushes and just used some nordies notes.  Sorry I missed the Macy's screw up though.  LOL 
My Macy's brush (angled) got delivered to my rental office last Saturday. Right when it closed and it wasn't open before I left for the airport on Monday so I haven't seen it. Booooo.

Seven Of Nine

One short question: Which brush better to buy 139 or 161? I can to take only one of these two
amuse.gif

lumaday

My order of Rare Breed arrived today. It's a gorgeous shade - soft, feminine, and just a hint of golden shimmer. I really love it with my complexion. I may BU this one because I can see myself getting a ton of use out of it for work. The formula is great too - very hydrating compared to some of my other MAC lipsticks!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Got my brush today thanks to a lovely Specktrite!
kissy.gif
It's really soft! Haven't used it yet, but I'm sure I'll love it.

lyseD

Did anyone get the angled brush?

I got mine today and it is a little odd. It has kind of a dip in the middle and the brush is not cut "straight." It seems longer at the tip end than it should be.

Vineetha

Did anyone get the angled brush? I got mine today and it is a little odd. It has kind of a dip in the middle and the brush is not cut "straight." It seems longer at the tip end than it should be.
LOL!! I did !! It does have a wonky design!! I am still trying to figure out how to use mine effectively :haha:! But it does work well with highlighters (surprisingly) and cream blush!!

Jayjayy

I bought the brush last night. It shed a little when I used it, but I've found that almost all stipple brushes shed, even if only a tiny bit. Its shape reminds me of my IT Cosmetics blush brush...maybe its intended to fit around the contours of the face easier?? Honestly if I didn't love stipple brushes so much I probably wouldn't recommend it (at its price point).

leonah

I bought the brush last night. It shed a little when I used it, but I've found that almost all stipple brushes shed, even if only a tiny bit. Its shape reminds me of my IT Cosmetics blush brush...maybe its intended to fit around the contours of the face easier?? Honestly if I didn't love stipple brushes so much I probably wouldn't recommend it (at its price point).
can you use it for foundation application?

Jayjayy

can you use it for foundation application?
Yes, I think it'd be perfect for a lighter application of foundation. I prefer a denser duo fiber brush for foundation like the MAC 130 but this one would be much faster because it's bigger.

Erinaceina

I wore Rare Breed for the first time today. I wasn't sure when I first put it on, because I thought it would be a stronger, bolder colour, but now I absolutely love it. It's a perfect MLBB colour for me, and the gold shimmer is fantastic.

lilinah

I got both Fashion Pack and Rare Breed. I love Mineralized lipsticks and these MLBB shades will work in most situations. I also got the 139 brush, but haven't used it yet. Otherwise, nothing else from this collection.

B

Buffy89

I got both Fashion Pack and Rare Breed. I love Mineralized lipsticks and these MLBB shades will work in most situations. I also got the 139 brush, but haven't used it yet. Otherwise, nothing else from this collection.
I've purchased these two lipsticks as well, but did not try them yet because I've caught a cold. They look a little pale in the tube, but all the swatches I've seen were lovely, so I thought I might give them a try. I was really interested in the brushes but looking at them in person, they were nice, but not really what I had expected. So I'll skip them and concentrate on the perm brush line, I'm still interested in the crease brush which was released with Mac is Beauty. I only own 266 and 275SE from Mac, the rest of my brushes is by Zoeva, so there are plenty of options for me how to start my Mac brush kit. Nothing else for me, too. I really love the burgundy shade from the Pure Bred quad, but I've got too many dupes for the other three shades to justify purchasing it for 45 Euros. Besides, I'm not really into Mineralize eyeshadows, so the ones I own are barely used.

leonah

Yes, I think it'd be perfect for a lighter application of foundation. I prefer a denser duo fiber brush for foundation like the MAC 130 but this one would be much faster because it's bigger.
thanks :) but I think I will only go with the new released brush from waterweight the 196 instead for foundation :)

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by lilinah

I've purchased these two lipsticks as well, but did not try them yet because I've caught a cold. They look a little pale in the tube, but all the swatches I've seen were lovely, so I thought I might give them a try.

I was really interested in the brushes but looking at them in person, they were nice, but not really what I had expected. So I'll skip them and concentrate on the perm brush line, I'm still interested in the crease brush which was released with Mac is Beauty. I only own 266 and 275SE from Mac, the rest of my brushes is by Zoeva, so there are plenty of options for me how to start my Mac brush kit.

Nothing else for me, too. I really love the burgundy shade from the Pure Bred quad, but I've got too many dupes for the other three shades to justify purchasing it for 45 Euros. Besides, I'm not really into Mineralize eyeshadows, so the ones I own are barely used.
Yes, Fashion Pack is a bit pale, Rare Breed is darker. How pale they will look depends on your skin tone.

I needed another fluffy face brush - still haven't tried it, but i think it will do the trick for me.