MAC Heavenly creature discussion

baysaz

My bf was funny too when I was wearing my look with Sky, because he said it looked quite neutral. I was like huh how do you think a bright blue is neutral? And then he said that his bounderies have shifted because of me
girlhaha.gif
That's kinda romantic ;D

Fiberluver

You guys are cracking me up regarding the Earthshine MSF.

I hauled 2 of those puppies.

The first I got my grubby hands on has more gold than burgundy which freaked me out since the tester was practically all burgundy swirls.

The 2nd one has lots of burgundy swirls which makes me a happy msf ho!

When I went to the MAC store the mua acted as if she didn't understand when I told her I wanted to look @ all of the Earthshine msf they had because I wanted to pick just the right one.

Needless to say I was breathing down her neck as she peeled off the shrink wrap.

She told me that the you further get towards the middle of the product the more burgundy will show up since they are handmade.

We'll see.

StarrySim

Quote: Originally Posted by thatKanojo

a;sldkfj Just confirmed that I need SW, Pet Me, Band of Roses, and Love Rock. Most should be in my collection soon :) They're so similar though.

LOL that wasn't my intention! I thought I'd show how similar it is to others, for those who want to convince themselves that they can skip it. But, FWIW, I don't have a close dupe for SW. They're even more different IRL than in that swatch pic. My camera doesn't do swatches well.

KelseeBrianaJai

This is my biggest haul this year!! This is a very exciting collection!!! So far I have purchased Cut A Caper Fire Sign Supernova I'm waiting for Earthshine and Center of the Universe in the mail!!!:eyelove:

sherm

I am soooooooo in love with this collection! Today I wore Light Year on cheeks with Star Wonder to contour—SUPER pretty in person, had a bear of a time getting good photos because of overcast/stormy weather here. Darn, I guess I'll just have to wear it again another time to get photos
girlhaha.gif

CiaoBellaa

OKAY so I need some opinions please! I have fallen in love with Center of the Universe and Earthshine msf's from this collection! My only problem is.........to back up or not to back up?
I don't know if I could ever get through an entire msf.... but you guys know the feeling of not being able to sleep peacefully without a backup of something you love and LE, right?!
Orrr, should I save my money to get the other 2 msf's in the collection?
What has everyone been doing? I'd love to hear!
lol.gif

pemily

OKAY so I need some opinions please! I have fallen in love with Center of the Universe and Earthshine msf's from this collection! My only problem is.........to back up or not to back up?
I don't know if I could ever get through an entire msf.... but you guys know the feeling of not being able to sleep peacefully without a backup of something you love and LE, right?!
Orrr, should I save my money to get the other 2 msf's in the collection?
What has everyone been doing? I'd love to hear!
lol.gif
i wouldnt back up...

in all honesty you may love now.... most people change their mind and love something else later..... With all the collections coming out i would save my pennies or buy something different.
the more variation the better!

StarrySim

i wouldnt back up...

in all honesty you may love now.... most people change their mind and love something else later..... With all the collections coming out i would save my pennies or buy something different.
ITA. Sometimes we get caught up in the thrill of buying something we love - buying is the thrill, not owning. So resist the urge, there's no way you will ever use it up, and if you lose one and can't live without it, you'll be able to track it down somewhow. But really, what are the chances of that worst-case scenario? IMO, it's really silly how many girls here are buying backups of so many items. Save your money for the next collection - or better yet, put it into your savings account if it's just lying around and you can't find use for the money :)

CiaoBellaa

i wouldnt back up...

I've been reading through a Temptalia post where she asked if people back up LE items and most people said what you're saying. I think I'm almost convinced! Haha, I can be kinda stubborn
sigh.gif

I'm just going to keep telling myself exactly what you're telling me!

CiaoBellaa

So another thing is, I keep trying to reply to people but it says my stuff has to be held for approval since I am new here. I haven't seen any of it pop up though on the forum yet :/

makeupgrrl

ITA. Sometimes we get caught up in the thrill of buying something we love - buying is the thrill, not owning. So resist the urge, there's no way you will ever use it up, and if you lose one and can't live without it, you'll be able to track it down somewhow. But really, what are the chances of that worst-case scenario? IMO, it's really silly how many girls here are buying backups of so many items. Save your money for the next collection - or better yet, put it into your savings account if it's just lying around and you can't find use for the money :)
I agree it takes a long time to go through an entire MSF..even if you use it every day. By the time you finish it up there is something new that you want even more. The only time I BU an item is if I use it every day and I find a good deal on it.

CiaoBellaa

Thank you starrysim, pemily, and makeupgrrl for being the voice of reason :) I won't back these msf's up, but I will perhaps still need to check out the other 2............
yes.gif

StarrySim

I agree it takes a long time to go through an entire MSF..even if you use it every day. By the time you finish it up there is something new that you want even more. The only time I BU an item is if I use it every day and I find a good deal on it.
I agree. I can see backing up a lipstick or a much-loved gloss, but that's about it. But even that is rare, because there's always something fun and new coming out, and I rarely finish even those lip products that I really love and wear relatively often. There's just so many products in my stash to cycle through!

Fiberluver

To b/up or not, that is the question.

Well, I have b/ups and am glad I do. Some of my favorite msfs have not been recently re-promoted: Warm Blend, Brunette, So Ceylon. I have b/ups of them. I also just picked up another Petticoat from an outlet because I love that shade and have already used one up and have turned other folks on to msfs with it.

It is up to you. Buy all 4 and rotate or buy b/ups of your absolute favorites.

But don't forget that there is always something like it in the MAC pipeline.

Another thought, If you don't have a lot of msfs, for example, you may want to back these up (if you are not a collector and have a ton of them).

My sister, for example, has used up 2 Warm Blend(s) during the past 2 years. Needless to say, she doesn't have that many msfs.

MAC is cruel! Cruel, cruel, MAC! My wallet hates you!

CiaoBellaa

Fiberluver-
your insight is much appreciated :) I'm thinking I will buy all 4 and rotate as you suggested. It'll give me the most options, and like other people have said, it will be hard to go through an entire msf. But these are my first msf's! I have fallen in lalaloveee though...
heart.gif

Which is your favorite?