MAC Heavenly creature discussion

OctoberViolet

Congratulations Princess Sarah!!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

I am going to grab VAE from this collection because I am on the hunt for a new exfoliator after the Lush one made me break out terrible!!!

Aside from that, it may be the only thing that I haul from this collection, money is tight with house number 2 now being sorted and the exciting news of our first baby! Lots of savings to do for the next few months

PixieDancer

I am going to grab VAE from this collection because I am on the hunt for a new exfoliator after the Lush one made me break out terrible!!!

Aside from that, it may be the only thing that I haul from this collection, money is tight with house number 2 now being sorted and the exciting news of our first baby! Lots of savings to do for the next few months
SUPER FANTASTIC NEWS SARAH!! CONGRATS!! That's even BETTER than makeup! HeeHee
yahoo.gif
pompom.gif
congrat.gif
pompom.gif
yahoo.gif

Rinstar

I really hope MAC continues this trend of releasing collections a week early online! That would be super for HC! Congrats Sarah on your good news!

aradhana

congratulations!
that's awesome news!

BeckyBenett

congrat.gif
thats amazing news!!!

singer82

I actually printed out her reviews before when I went to the MAC store. :) We love you Liba
th_worship.gif

Congradulations Sarah!
th_thstars.gif
clap.gif

that would be great liba! please post your usual essay comments after! i just love reading them since i can just order the items online with your detailed descriptions!

congrat.gif
thats amazing news!!!

liba

I actually printed out her reviews before when I went to the MAC store. :) We love you Liba
th_worship.gif
AWWWWWW you gals are so sweet.
th_worship.gif
I logged onto Specktra just before going to bed and saw your dear comments and it made my day! I really love being able to share my passions with such wonderful folks! 'Had no idea it meant so much, but I'm happy to help!!!
grouphug2.gif

martiangurll

Lipstick: Trying to limit my list to Mineralized items, so I will try to pass on any lippy that isn't terribly unique
Pleasureseeker - I think I had this before and swapped it, which means it didn't look great on me.
Cut a Caper - Mid-tone peachy pink (Lustre) (repromote) passed before, will pass again.
Venus - Sheer yellow pink with pearlized pigments (Lustre) probably a pass, although I love the name, too many sheer yellow pinks.
Fire Sign - Red-pink (Lustre) totally depends on the swatches. if it looks like the promo picture though, its on.
Cusp of Dawn - Beige pink (Lustre) yawn. love the name, don't need another pale beige pink however. unless, its a warm beige pink?

Cremesheen Glass: Again, I really need to limit my lip products, so only the color categories I don't already have something close in the csg formula will be considered...
Celestial Kiss - Pale cool peach...pass
Strictly Plutonic - Mid-tone pink brown...pass
Meteoric - Mid-tone vibrant coral...sounds like Geo Pink, so a pass, unless it is an orange coral, then its a yeah
Astral - Bright yellow pink, actually I think I don't have a csg like this, so yeah!
Galaxy Rose - Mid-tone violet pink, I probably have something like this already, pass

Mineralize Skinfinish: Trying to narrow down to 2 of these
Earthshine - Tarnished bronze with gold pearlized pigments and pink reflects YES
Light Year - Peachy pink with gold shimmer Skip, sounds like Semi precious Crystal Pink
Star Wonder - Plumy pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments Oh YES
Center of the Universe - Coral with gold shimmer Unless the gold is subdued, its a skip

Mineralize Blush: I really need to control the spending here
Solar Ray - Peach and gold melange Depends how much gold, too much will be a deal breaker
Ring of Saturn - Terracotta and gold melange Sounds unique, but if too much gold, another skip
Stratus - Amethyst and golden brown melange Skip
Supernova - Magenta and burnt gold melange YES, YES, YES

187 Duo fibre face brush skip, I am kind of set in the face brush dept. and these are pricey

188 Small duo fibre face brush skip

Mineralize Eye Shadow: and here is where the money will be decimated
Aurora - Peach, green, and brown melange YES,YES, YES
Magnetic Attraction - Orange, pink and gold melange Sounds too warm
Neo Nebula - Cream, warm amethyst and warm pink melange Sounds dreamy
Universal Appeal - Gold, bronze and violet melange Not sure I like gold in my violet
Invincible Light - Icy white, lavender and warm gold melange Sounds too frosty
Earthly - Beige, peach and cool brown melange YES, I can't resist any shade of brown!
Water - Yellow, lime green and blue melange Sounds a lot like Jades Fortune, could be a dupe and a skip
Bright Moon - Grey, silver and icy green melange Anything that says icy will probably be too frosty for me to love
Sky - Green gold, turquoise and cobalt melange Green gold predominating will probably be a YES for me, predominant blue would be a skip so ???

False Lashes skip

286 Duo fibre tapered blending brush (repromote) I doubt there will be any funds left for this

Well, it sounds like it can possibly be narrowed down to 1 l/s, 1 csg, 2 MSF (or 3), 1-2 MB, and possibly 3 MES. Perhaps my bank account will survive after all...

Rinstar

I just found Bi-Tone blush in my stash and am wondering if Supernova will be similar. That might save me a few $$ if they are the same.

Jol0

When this is released on Pro website...do the items sell out just as fast as they do on the regular site?? Also can you use a Mac GC during check out on Pro?

liba

I just found Bi-Tone blush in my stash and am wondering if Supernova will be similar. That might save me a few $$ if they are the same.
I LOVE Bi-Tone - I just wore it yesterday, as a matter of fact. I don't think Supernova will be like it at all, though. It'll be brighter and pinker and less with that red plum color in it.

Also, as much as I love Bi-Tone, Sun Moon, and some of the other MBs from Too Fabulous (which was the first big blush haul I'd done in years, when I was starting to get back into makeup and literally owned zero blushes), that old MB formula doesn't wear very well compared to the huge improvements in the MB formula over the past year. I only get a couple hours wear before they start to fade and I have to reapply. At this point, I think I'd buy new MBs that dupe some of my favorites from that collection, just for the better staying power.

duckrodeo

So far without swatches, this is a total skip for me... Which will be the first skip in since quite cute.
Daaaang, that's a long MAC run! lol. I've been going since MAC Me Over but I skipped a few collections here and there. I didn't get anything from Gareth Pugh and that's all I remember off the top of my head!

I'm still on the fence with this collection. I'm intrigued by the MSFs, but at the same time I feel I have a good collection of them already, so my likelihood of buying anything from this collection is entirely swatch-dependent.

bulbasaur359

I am so looking forward to swatches for this collection. I haven't tried a MSF or any of Macs mineralized products actually. I also want to try to get Cut a Caper. I will have to stalk the website as fighting for a new collection with a 15 month old might be difficult lol. She is great with shopping though and loves cosmetics stores and well any store actually.

admiralvonperdy

I'm intrigued by this collection (the product descriptions sound absolutely divine), but I think this is something I need to skip. I went hella crazy with the Hey, Sailor! collection and I just placed some orders with Ulta and Cherry Culture. Plus, if the blushes have a lot of shimmer, I don't think the extra large pores on my cheek will appreciate it! I may just have to live vicariously through everyone who does purchase something. :)

Rinstar

I LOVE Bi-Tone - I just wore it yesterday, as a matter of fact. I don't think Supernova will be like it at all, though. It'll be brighter and pinker and less with that red plum color in it. Also, as much as I love Bi-Tone, Sun Moon, and some of the other MBs from Too Fabulous (which was the first big blush haul I'd done in years, when I was starting to get back into makeup and literally owned zero blushes), that old MB formula doesn't wear very well compared to the huge improvements in the MB formula over the past year. I only get a couple hours wear before they start to fade and I have to reapply. At this point, I think I'd buy new MBs that dupe some of my favorites from that collection, just for the better staying power. 
OK good, you just convinced me not to skip Supernova. I didn't really want to, to be honest! If they are similar, I will just blame it on the formula LOL.