MAC Heavenly creature discussion

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Ingredient list and review of sorts. http://www.pinksith.com/2009/09/mac-volcanic-ash-exfoliator-redux.html

sss215 I think that's her screen name said that Giovanni makes a similar product that is good, not as good as MAC's but still worth the price. It's the cheapest here I believe http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-13977...purifying-facial-scrub-step-2-4-oz?redirect=1
Thanks for the link. I've tried the Giovanni D:Tox System Purifying Facial Cleanser (Step 1) and Scrub (Step 2). Unfortunately, it did not work well for my skin type. It made me break out. At first, I thought it was just purging, so I gave it more than enough time until I realized it wasn't purging. I had to toss it, and my skin cleared up. I know a lot of people rave about it though, so I guess it was just not for me. I may have to compare the ingredients to see if the VAE is worth a try.

romi79_2008

Penny for your thoughts:I`ve read in the last couple of articles from dermatologists and make-up artists that say that most exfoliaters are to harsh for the skin and they encourage using milder products like lactic acid. I know my skin becomes more sensitive every year, maybe the fact that i`m using so many products ( that have an incredible long list of ingredients) might have an impact. I heard many people that use clarisonic skip exfoliating? it might be more effective as it lasts long than a year. With all that in mind i`m skipping vae even though i like it and it leaves my skin incredible soft but when I first apply it the sugar particles are very harsh, they melt, but still

mac_aiken

Penny for your thoughts:I`ve read in the last couple of articles from dermatologists and make-up artists that say that most exfoliaters are to harsh for the skin and they encourage using milder products like lactic acid. I know my skin becomes more sensitive every year, maybe the fact that i`m using so many products ( that have an incredible long list of ingredients) might have an impact. I heard many people that use clarisonic skip exfoliating? it might be more effective as it lasts long than a year. With all that in mind i`m skipping vae even though i like it and it leaves my skin incredible soft but when I first apply it the sugar particles are very harsh, they melt, but still
Just my two cents worth. I quit using all other exfoliants once I got my Clarisonic a little over a year ago. I have sensitive skin and rosacea. Add to all of that now my skin is considered "mature" as I am in my mid 40s and my skin can be quite reactive.

Once I found the right brush (the poorly named "acne" brush which can be used by any skin) and the right cleansers, my skin never looked better. I use my machine 2 times a week usually but gauge how often by how my skin "feels".

Even though the Clarisonic is an investment I have found that I actually have to spend less on facials and treatments now. I have a cleanser, an eye cream, a moisturizer and sunscreen. That's it. And my skin looks great!

romi79_2008

I want to buy clarisonic but I had so many bad experiences with the voltage difference (120-220) so i`m thinking buying the olay version because is battery operated. If anyone knows different please let me know

MACina

Which cleansers do you use mac_aiken?

Just my two cents worth. I quit using all other exfoliants once I got my Clarisonic a little over a year ago. I have sensitive skin and rosacea. Add to all of that now my skin is considered "mature" as I am in my mid 40s and my skin can be quite reactive.

Once I found the right brush (the poorly named "acne" brush which can be used by any skin) and the right cleansers, my skin never looked better. I use my machine 2 times a week usually but gauge how often by how my skin "feels".

Even though the Clarisonic is an investment I have found that I actually have to spend less on facials and treatments now. I have a cleanser, an eye cream, a moisturizer and sunscreen. That's it. And my skin looks great!

MRV

I'm in the same situation, minus rosacea and my skin is very dry, but somehow I would not even dream to use something abrahasive.

Mac-Guy

YES! The acne one is the best for sensitive skin. I completely agree with you on the unfortunate name; and I second that I spend less on skin care. I really love the Clarisonic to get rid of dry patches on my cheeks and I actually use less moisturizer. Most likely, I'll skip VAE - not because it is a bad product, but because I have no need for it.

mac_aiken

I am glad to hear you are going to skip the VAE. Skincare shouldn't be harsh or hurt.
I can't help regarding the Olay product. I tried a friend's unit once and wasn't particularly impressed but I only tried it once. Could you look into an outlet converter?
I want to buy clarisonic but I had so many bad experiences with the voltage difference (120-220) so i`m thinking buying the olay version because is battery operated. If anyone knows different please let me know

mac_aiken

It really depends on how my skin feels. On reactive days I use Eucerin Gentle Hydrating cleanser. It is gentle and soap free. I get it at the drugstore and love it. I also use Clarins Pure Melt which is an oil based gel. I wear ultra water resistant, high SPF sunscreens all year and a high SPF foundation in the summer time and it helps gently remove them (I use MAC Cleansing Oil on days that I don't use my Clarisonic). I hope to snag a sample of Rodial Glam Tox. Liba has such high praise for this one but it is pricey and I want to try it first. Really you can use any cleanser that works for your skin and has a bit of slip to it. I have a friend who uses Philosophy Purity Made Simple. My daughter uses one from Boscia. I have tried many that worked from drugstore to high end. You have to find what works for YOU.
I'm in the same situation, minus rosacea and my skin is very dry, but somehow I would not even dream to use something abrahasive.

MACina

Thank you very much mac_aiken!

I will out check the Clarins cleanser because I do wear water resistent,high SPF everyday too.

And I will also try the cleansers Clarisonic offers.I think that the Gentle Hydro Cleanser might work for me.

It really depends on how my skin feels. On reactive days I use Eucerin Gentle Hydrating cleanser. It is gentle and soap free. I get it at the drugstore and love it. I also use Clarins Pure Melt which is an oil based gel. I wear ultra water resistant, high SPF sunscreens all year and a high SPF foundation in the summer time and it helps gently remove them (I use MAC Cleansing Oil on days that I don't use my Clarisonic). I hope to snag a sample of Rodial Glam Tox. Liba has such high praise for this one but it is pricey and I want to try it first. Really you can use any cleanser that works for your skin and has a bit of slip to it. I have a friend who uses Philosophy Purity Made Simple. My daughter uses one from Boscia. I have tried many that worked from drugstore to high end. You have to find what works for YOU.
I agree. I had some issue with abrasiveness and my Clarisonic initially until I found the brush that worked best for me. I advise people who feel their Clarisonic isn't working well for them to play with the brushes a bit. Nine out of ten times this helps and they grow to love it.

bis

Thank you very much mac_aiken! I will out check the Clarins cleanser because I do wear water resistent,high SPF everyday too. And I will also try the cleansers Clarisonic offers.I think that the Gentle Hydro Cleanser might work for me.
I also use the Clarins cleanser and it's great to get waterproof sunscreen and makeup off, while being very gentle and not drying. Rome, I bought my clarisonic in the us and it can do both voltages, I only needed an adapter.

Shellcat

Damn this collection!
girl_devil.gif

I must try not to get EVERYTHING!!!

Pixie and I made a deal, we are going to anti-enable each other in this collection! Girl POWER!!

Piarpreet

used my clarisonic in spain (MIA which u only charge every once in a while) for months... its totally ok. just get a convertor

EmbalmerBabe

I will skip the eyeshadows most likely maybe get one but they look like I don't need them. But the MSF's....oooh geeze
all four look gorg. I hope in person I only want 2.

honey on boost

I have the Mia and I charged it with my converter when I was in Europe. It seemed to charge just fine (not sure if that helps). I use it almost everyday and I can go a few weeks without charging it.

duckrodeo

I've just been hit with a crazy urge toskip most of the stuff from this collection. LOL I must be feeling ill!
holysheep.gif

It's a wee bit logical, however...

I have Flamingo, Reel Sexy, Razzledazzler + BUs of each. I own Costa Chic from the perm line - I think the addition of Pleasureseeker and Cut a Caper would be silly
th_star.gif

Fire Sign sounds...mehhh as does Cusp of Dawn. By description alone I'm not really intrigued
biguns.gif

Venus is the only lippie I'm eyeing, it sounds so pretty! But I also wonder its ability to be dupable ("pearlized pigments" aside).

Lightyear and Center of the Universe MSFs are still maybes. Not completely sold on them, either. If the gold shimmer is anything like Porcelain Pink, it might not be for me. Poor PP gets rather neglected.

I'm on the fence with this whole collection.... It feels so strange, after such a big MAC binge since Iris Apfel! I'm sure I'll snap out of it once I see swatches
poke.gif