MAC Heirloom Mix Collection (Oct 23, 2014)

rachelizabethx

So I got my mini haul for christmas...

Tribalist (lipstick) is GORGEOUS. Literally beautiful. Eeeeeeeeeeeexcept I can't wear it. It really does make my teeth look yellow, and I feel like you'd have to have pearly whites to get away with this. I'll keep it until I can afford to get my teeth done, but otherwise it's going in storage.
ohboy.gif

Sweet Sentiment (blush) is so amazing. Gives a natural rosy glow and lovely texture. Happy happy happy.

And finally, the smokey eye bag. I haven't seen too many reviews of this one. Sadly I didn't get any clear pictures as my phone camera is broken, but the duo is surprisingly good. I didn't think I'd be able to create a full look using just those two shades, but I managed to pull off an okay smokey eye. And trust me, I am no pro at make-up, eyeshadow being my weak point! I put a base Illamasqua skin base lift concealer (ran out of primer) and just used the darker shade (I can't remember names) to gradually build a dark eye, blending and adding where needed. I used the silvery shade in the very corners (and added a bit of Illamasqua pigment in Beguile - I just love it too much!!). It did fade but overall lasted really well. I wish I could say the same for the powerpoint eye pencil, but with my usual technakohl, there's just no competition. The mascara isn't bad, I've had better, I've had worse. Will be a good backup for when my every-day mascara runs out! Overall, very happy.

Unfortunately as mentioned my phone camera is broken and therefore not very clear. I've attached some pictures, which were selfies to my best friend, so excuse my face in some of them.

God I feel vain lol. Sorry for being so late but I just thought I'd share my experience!

Vandekamp

So I got my mini haul for christmas... Tribalist (lipstick) is GORGEOUS. Literally beautiful. Eeeeeeeeeeeexcept I can't wear it. It really does make my teeth look yellow, and I feel like you'd have to have pearly whites to get away with this. I'll keep it until I can afford to get my teeth done, but otherwise it's going in storage. :eek:hboy: Sweet Sentiment (blush) is so amazing. Gives a natural rosy glow and lovely texture. Happy happy happy. And finally, the smokey eye bag. I haven't seen too many reviews of this one. Sadly I didn't get any clear pictures as my phone camera is broken, but the duo is surprisingly good. I didn't think I'd be able to create a full look using just those two shades, but I managed to pull off an okay smokey eye. And trust me, I am no pro at make-up, eyeshadow being my weak point! I put a base Illamasqua skin base lift concealer (ran out of primer) and just used the darker shade (I can't remember names) to gradually build a dark eye, blending and adding where needed. I used the silvery shade in the very corners (and added a bit of Illamasqua pigment in Beguile - I just love it too much!!). It did fade but overall lasted really well. I wish I could say the same for the powerpoint eye pencil, but with my usual technakohl, there's just no competition. The mascara isn't bad, I've had better, I've had worse. Will be a good backup for when my every-day mascara runs out! Overall, very happy. Unfortunately as mentioned my phone camera is broken and therefore not very clear. I've attached some pictures, which were selfies to my best friend, so excuse my face in some of them. God I feel vain lol. Sorry for being so late but I just thought I'd share my experience!  
Very pretty. Great swatches.

Ayanna

Will the pro discount ever apply to the pigment sets? I want the pink/rose pigments and the nude/coral lipglass set.

Dolly Snow

So I got my mini haul for christmas... Tribalist (lipstick) is GORGEOUS. Literally beautiful. Eeeeeeeeeeeexcept I can't wear it. It really does make my teeth look yellow, and I feel like you'd have to have pearly whites to get away with this. I'll keep it until I can afford to get my teeth done, but otherwise it's going in storage. :eek:hboy: Sweet Sentiment (blush) is so amazing. Gives a natural rosy glow and lovely texture. Happy happy happy. And finally, the smokey eye bag. I haven't seen too many reviews of this one. Sadly I didn't get any clear pictures as my phone camera is broken, but the duo is surprisingly good. I didn't think I'd be able to create a full look using just those two shades, but I managed to pull off an okay smokey eye. And trust me, I am no pro at make-up, eyeshadow being my weak point! I put a base Illamasqua skin base lift concealer (ran out of primer) and just used the darker shade (I can't remember names) to gradually build a dark eye, blending and adding where needed. I used the silvery shade in the very corners (and added a bit of Illamasqua pigment in Beguile - I just love it too much!!). It did fade but overall lasted really well. I wish I could say the same for the powerpoint eye pencil, but with my usual technakohl, there's just no competition. The mascara isn't bad, I've had better, I've had worse. Will be a good backup for when my every-day mascara runs out! Overall, very happy. Unfortunately as mentioned my phone camera is broken and therefore not very clear. I've attached some pictures, which were selfies to my best friend, so excuse my face in some of them. God I feel vain lol. Sorry for being so late but I just thought I'd share my experience!  
Finally got around to using the items I got from this collection. I used Nightmoth l/l, Salon Rouge l/s and Courting Chic l/g
Gorgeous ladies

stacilx

I'm having serious skippers remorse over the silver and blue pigment set and now it's not available anywhere in the UK unless I wanna pay crazy amounts on eBay... Ugh why didn't I buy them when I had the chance why !!! Lol xoxo

rachelizabethx

I'm having serious skippers remorse over the silver and blue pigment set and now it's not available anywhere in the UK unless I wanna pay crazy amounts on eBay... Ugh why didn't I buy them when I had the chance why !!! Lol xoxo
Won't it be in CCO soon? Or is it different with Christmas collections? I've only been buying properly since August so I don't have a clue. My local is still selling last year's collection though

stacilx

Won't it be in CCO soon? Or is it different with Christmas collections? I've only been buying properly since August so I don't have a clue. My local is still selling last year's collection though
I think they sold out completely my nearest cco is 3hrs away too so sadly I've only ever been once think my only hope is someone to sell one on here or find best price on eBay