MAC - Holiday 09: Magic, Mirth, Mischief (Colour Collection) Discussion

dreamer246

I can't get Shimpagne to work for me though, it looks way too harsh and artificial as a highlighter. I prefer the BBR and Sugarsweet MSFs for highlighting.

LMD84

that's a shame. shimpagne looks quite nice with my peachy blushers. however i do prefer perfect topping from sugar sweet as a highlighter!
smiles.gif

dreamer246

Perhaps I should give Shimpagne yet another chance. But I always cringe whenever I decide to do that, because it looks horrid thereafter.
tong.gif
But so many people rave about it, I'm just wondering why it doesn't work for me.
ssad.gif
My fave 'universally' flattering highlighter shade that goes with any blush color is Refined MSF.
heart.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I think you need it. I love SDN.
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
i am wearing that blush today with shimpagne as a highlight - stunning!

yes.gif
SDN is gorgeous!! I use it quite often. Sadly, I don't own Shimpagne...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
yes.gif
SDN is gorgeous!! I use it quite often. Sadly, I don't own Shimpagne...

You aren't missing much with Shimpagne. I hate mine. But you can try Soft and Gentle, it's apparently very similar. And I am still thinking about SDN.

dreamer246

You should get it already! SDN is perfect, and it pretty much goes with both cool and warm toned makeup colors for some weird reason (though I'm not complaining).
yes.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Got SDN today! It turns out my counter did have it in stock (as I knew they must have because it was still out on display) and the MUA who was helping me that day didn't know what she was talking about. Whateves, I've got it now.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Got SDN today! It turns out my counter did have it in stock (as I knew they must have because it was still out on display) and the MUA who was helping me that day didn't know what she was talking about. Whateves, I've got it now.

i hope you love it!
smiles.gif
i think it's fabulous!