MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

peachsuns

Has anyone bought a brush set? Would you recommend?
cutey.gif

dreamer246

For those who didn't get The Faerie Glen l/g, I have an extra one to sell. If you live the US, PM me.

Hehe. I bought a backup of The Faerie Glen too, which I've swapped away a long time ago after I realized I wasn't even using the one that I have all that often anymore. Why must MAC constantly put out so much pretty new stuff that make me neglect things I once loved before.
sigh.gif

dreamer246

Has anyone bought a brush set? Would you recommend?
cutey.gif

After using full-sized brushes, I'm not really a fan of brush sets because of the disparity in the quality of brushes. But I don't deny that they're great and convenient for traveling with. I split the eye brush set with my friend (she took the tartan bag and 2 brushes - I think - while I took 3 brushes). They're functional but not fantastic. Get it only if you need mini brushes.

peachsuns

After using full-sized brushes, I'm not really a fan of brush sets because of the disparity in the quality of brushes. But I don't deny that they're great and convenient for traveling with. I split the eye brush set with my friend (she took the tartan bag and 2 brushes - I think - while I took 3 brushes). They're functional but not fantastic. Get it only if you need mini brushes.
Thank you, Winnie! Great deal splitting a brush set with your friend!

I cannot wait to own any MAC full-sized brushes. I have three SH brushes. They're excellent, but still no full-sized brushes, correct?
tong.gif
My 187SE is not too bad either. I wash them after every use and they are so soft.
love.gif
But I noticed that 187 takes longer to dry? Does anyone agree? So, I thought I need one more 187. May be I should get the full-sized one not the one from a set next time.
yes.gif
I should start saving!

GlamQueen21

Hehe. I bought a backup of The Faerie Glen too, which I've swapped away a long time ago after I realized I wasn't even using the one that I have all that often anymore. Why must MAC constantly put out so much pretty new stuff that make me neglect things I once loved before.
sigh.gif

LOL! I know! I only used TFG once so far and it's a pretty color. Even though I do need to give that lipstick more love but I have been wearing lipgloss a lot lately.

dreamer246

So true!
sigh.gif
MAC keeps bringing so many new pretty stuff. I used to wear Faerie Glen with Viva Glam Cyndi l/g a lot, but not much lately. Although my attention naturally goes to the newer stuff, I should not forget my favorites from the previous collection.
Thank you, Winnie! Great deal splitting a brush set with your friend!

I cannot wait to own any MAC full-sized brushes. I have three SH brushes. They're excellent, but still no full-sized brushes, correct?
tong.gif
My 187SE is not too bad either. I wash them after every use and they are so soft.
love.gif
But I noticed that 187 takes longer to dry? Does anyone agree? So, I thought I need one more 187. May be I should get the full-sized one not the one from a set next time.
yes.gif
I should start saving!
Wow, I've never thought of matching The Faerie Glen l/s with VG Cyndi l/g. Sounds pretty! Post a pic if you happen to wear that combination again. ;)

Oh, trust me, their full size brushes may be pricey but they're SO worth it.
greengrin.gif
I have a full-sized #187, and it doesn't take any longer to dry than other brushes. What do you use it for? The 3 SH brushes you have are from the Fabulous Felines collection? For SH I have the #168 and #129. Should've gotten the #188 too, damn. I prefer regular long-handle brushes to the SH ones though.

peachsuns

Wow, I've never thought of matching The Faerie Glen l/s with VG Cyndi l/g. Sounds pretty! Post a pic if you happen to wear that combination again. ;)
Oh, trust me, their full size brushes may be pricey but they're SO worth it.
greengrin.gif
I have a full-sized #187, and it doesn't take any longer to dry than other brushes. What do you use it for? The 3 SH brushes you have are from the Fabulous Felines collection? For SH I have the #168 and #129. Should've gotten the #188 too, damn. I prefer regular long-handle brushes to the SH ones though.
The Faerie Glen l/s with Viva Glam Cyndi l/g combo creates soft MLBB red lips. You should try! No pics yet. Someone is still very shy. LOL. Sorry!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I've been wearing Hibiscus a lot lately. It's a perfect summer lips.

I have 2 #129SH brushes and one #227SH. Yes, #227SH is from Fabulous Felines. It's so tiny, but simply amazing. The softest brush I've ever had. Agree, MAC's full size brushes are pricey. I think that's why I still have not had any yet. But wait, the SH brushes cost as much as the full size brushes. Why I keep buying the tiny ones? I don't k now why.
lol.gif
I use the mix of extra virgin olive oil and dish washing liquid to wash my brushes. I got the idea from Youtube (Michelle Phan). I like it a lot. I will wash my 187SE again and see if it takes longer to dry than other brushes.
cutey.gif

I also have Stila's full size brushes and some art brushes (Loew-Cornell).
heart2.gif

dreamer246

The Faerie Glen l/s with Viva Glam Cyndi l/g combo creates soft MLBB red lips. You should try! No pics yet. Someone is still very shy. LOL. Sorry!
blush-anim-cl.gif

I've been wearing Hibiscus a lot lately. It's a perfect summer lips.

I have 2 #129SH brushes and one #227SH. Yes, #227SH is from Fabulous Felines. It's so tiny, but simply amazing. The softest brush I've ever had. Agree, MAC's full size brushes are pricey. I think that's why I still have not had any yet. But wait, the SH brushes cost as much as the full size brushes. Why I keep buying the tiny ones? I don't k now why.
lol.gif
I use the mix of extra virgin olive oil and dish washing liquid to wash my brushes. I got the idea from Youtube (Michelle Phan). I like it a lot. I will wash my 187SE again and see if it takes longer to dry than other brushes.
cutey.gif

I also have Stila's full size brushes and some art brushes (Loew-Cornell).
heart2.gif
Oh yes, I have the #227 SH too. How could I have forgotten it? Must be because I don't use it very often.
cutey.gif
I use MAC brush cleanser (diluted with water, of course) to wash my brushes - I LOVE it. Recently bought my 2nd bottle, that's how much I like the product.

I haven't tried brushes of other brands besides The Body Shop ones which I started out with. But of course once I made the switch to MAC they never saw the light of day again (except the kabuki brush), lol. I've heard great stuff about Loew-Cornell! I don't think it's available here though, boo! How have you been?

peachsuns

Oh yes, I have the #227 SH too. How could I have forgotten it? Must be because I don't use it very often.
cutey.gif
I use MAC brush cleanser (diluted with water, of course) to wash my brushes - I LOVE it. Recently bought my 2nd bottle, that's how much I like the product.
I haven't tried brushes of other brands besides The Body Shop ones which I started out with. But of course once I made the switch to MAC they never saw the light of day again (except the kabuki brush), lol. I've heard great stuff about Loew-Cornell! I don't think it's available here though, boo! How have you been?
How do you use MAC brush cleanser? I have never diluted it with water. I must know how you use it.
lol.gif

Loew-Cornell brush is good. I have 1/2 and 3/8 Maxine's Mop. I got them at a local craft store. They were really reasonable!
choochoo.gif
I went back for the store again recently, but they didn't have much this time.
I've been doing OK. I'll be in a summer break in no time! I'll continue studying (graphic design) at home. How about you? Are you still singing?
th_wiggle2.gif

I noticed I probably only purchased Faerie Glen l/s and the pigments from this collection. I should start wearing them again soon.
yes.gif

dreamer246

How do you use MAC brush cleanser? I have never diluted it with water. I must know how you use it.
lol.gif

Loew-Cornell brush is good. I have 1/2 and 3/8 Maxine's Mop. I got them at a local craft store. They were really reasonable!
choochoo.gif
I went back for the store again recently, but they didn't have much this time.
I've been doing OK. I'll be in a summer break in no time! I'll continue studying (graphic design) at home. How about you? Are you still singing?
th_wiggle2.gif

I noticed I probably only purchased Faerie Glen l/s and the pigments from this collection. I should start wearing them again soon.
yes.gif
Well I mix the brush cleanser and water in a little container that I use to wash brushes. I'll mix maybe about 10% brush cleanser with water - that's really all you'll need to wash the brushes well! If you find that stains are still not coming out then add a little bit more of the cleanser into the mixture. I read somewhere before that using the cleanser alone is kinda harsh for the delicate brushes, that's why I dilute it.

I'm working as a research assistant in a university now. Nope, I'm not singing anymore (I've stopped for about a year now). I am doing a part-time diploma in professional make-up though.
w00t.gif

I've been neglecting my items from this collection too. Sigh.

peachsuns

Well I mix the brush cleanser and water in a little container that I use to wash brushes. I'll mix maybe about 10% brush cleanser with water - that's really all you'll need to wash the brushes well! If you find that stains are still not coming out then add a little bit more of the cleanser into the mixture. I read somewhere before that using the cleanser alone is kinda harsh for the delicate brushes, that's why I dilute it.
I'm working as a research assistant in a university now. Nope, I'm not singing anymore (I've stopped for about a year now). I am doing a part-time diploma in professional make-up though.
w00t.gif

I've been neglecting my items from this collection too. Sigh.

Thank God, you're telling me this. I kept cleaning my brushes with the MAC brush cleanser alone!
eeksign.gif
Yes, I noticed it was drying the hair. That's why I kinda stopped using it. No wonder! I will try your method soon! Thank you!

Follow your dream, Winnie! A part-time diploma in professional make-up sounds so cool! Have fun!
choochoo.gif

dreamer246

Thank God, you're telling me this. I kept cleaning my brushes with the MAC brush cleanser alone!
eeksign.gif
Yes, I noticed it was drying the hair. That's why I kinda stopped using it. No wonder! I will try your method soon! Thank you!
Follow your dream, Winnie! A part-time diploma in professional make-up sounds so cool! Have fun!
choochoo.gif
I hope it works for you! Hope to chat more with you soon.
winkiss.gif

cucumbers

Sorry to bump an ANCIENT thread, but does anyone know if the pigments from this collection/Alice+Olivia are HTF? I got a swap offer on MUA that seemed a little too high unless the pigments are HTF, but she may have just been overcompensating since the things she was offering were low priority on my wishlist. Stuff like this makes anxious about swaplifters. Thanks for any help! Sigh, I just want to clear out the stuff I never use!

cassie05

Faerie Glenn is very dupable it's just a normal nude l/s. I swatched it side by side with MAC Bare Again and The body shop delipscious sheer lip color in 01 and the colors are pretty similar.
Still looking for the lipstick A Faerie Glen.
Already checked Ebay, but not luck.
001_unsure.gif

Does anyone know any dupes for it?