MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

cutemiauw

I'm just wondering if anyone has an allergic reaction to the pearglide liners? It seemed like my eyes got a little bit redder when I used them. I can't be too sure because it also could be from working the whole day in front of a monitor
hmm.gif

banana1234

mine seem to water when i use them on my lower lashline, so i now only use them on my upper lashline, but i must accidently get it on my waterline when i use it on the bottom lashline, it doesnt happen every time though, usually only when i've put a lot of effort into my look and havent brought stuff out for touch ups, or i'm wearing false lashes, and havent brought glue with me, its typical! usually when i bring glue/touch ups it doesnt happen

martiangurll

I'm just wondering if anyone has an allergic reaction to the pearglide liners? It seemed like my eyes got a little bit redder when I used them. I can't be too sure because it also could be from working the whole day in front of a monitor
hmm.gif
I agree that I get some watering of the eyes if I use them too close to the waterline or try to tightline but otherwise these are okay for me. For some reason I couldn't do the liquid liners from Fab Felines though, those definitely caused the old red eye.

User38

I agree that I get some watering of the eyes if I use them too close to the waterline or try to tightline but otherwise these are okay for me. For some reason I couldn't do the liquid liners from Fab Felines though, those definitely caused the old red eye.

I never buy them because of this watering of the eyes.. When I have tested them I found this to be the case with a lot of my samplers.. so I did not rec them for that reason.. even when not on my waterline they make my eyes water. Felines liquid did not irritate my eyes at all but they certainly did not last either.

cutemiauw

Ah, I see... thank you for your answers, ladies
smiles.gif
. It could be it then. I actually only use them on my upper lashline too, never on the waterline b/c I know it's not safe. Perhaps I lined it too close or something... don't know. It's quite a pity since I love the colors so much. Oh well, health is more important
winkiss.gif

I don't have a problem with Feline liquid, although if I use too much of it, I feel a tightness on my eyelid. Sagging eye signs?
lol.gif

Anneri

Very happy that the pearlglides don't irritate my eyes! In fact, I just scored a brand new brown one from TT off Evilbay today - for 8€!!!
That's my second b/u of any product - I normally never back up stuff, but these are such staples in my make up routine!

EngineerBarbie

I used my 'Moonlight Night' pigment to smoke out some spring green shadow on my eyes this morning and OMG--still so in love with this color.

LMD84

i am using the family crest today - such a sparkly and stunning colour! :) the highlight of the holiday collection for me :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree with both of you. The pigments were absolutely the highlights of this collection for me. I had Later from A+O, but I got Family Crest and Moonlight Night and I love both of them!
i am using the family crest today - such a sparkly and stunning colour! :) the highlight of the holiday collection for me :)

RayannaBanana

I know this is kind of too late but I was looking at pictures of My Highland Honey blush and I'm a bit interested in it now. Does anyone think it looks yellow/orange for someone who is NW15? I have black hair with red underneath and I've been thinking about going all red, would it look better on someone with red hair rather than black?
I've tried Spaced Out and it didn't work for me is this in anyway similar? Thanks so anyone who can help out!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I know this is kind of too late but I was looking at pictures of My Highland Honey blush and I'm a bit interested in it now. Does anyone think it looks yellow/orange for someone who is NW15? I have black hair with red underneath and I've been thinking about going all red, would it look better on someone with red hair rather than black?
I've tried Spaced Out and it didn't work for me is this in anyway similar? Thanks so anyone who can help out!

Not sure about Spaced out, but I'm NC15 and MHH looks nice on me (I think). Gives a sort of warm glow to the cheeks. I find it works well with a variety of colours.

adruci

yup. they either irritate or look great for 30mins until they melt out of your waterline. epic fail.
I never buy them because of this watering of the eyes.. When I have tested them I found this to be the case with a lot of my samplers.. so I did not rec them for that reason.. even when not on my waterline they make my eyes water. Felines liquid did not irritate my eyes at all but they certainly did not last either.

ShesAFoxyLady

Hi, I'm NW15 and I have highland honey and I really like it, although I always tend to wear it layered with another colour as it is very pale and not as noticeable as I'd like.

I definately don't think it looks yellow or orange, it just gives a nice warm glow. I use it to warm up my complexion and then I usually apply a pinky blush (usually 'her blooming cheek') on top and it gives a really nice effect. I got the tip to layer it with another blush from the MAC MA's who were all wearing this combo on the launch day.

If it helps, I'm wearing that combination in my latest FOTD:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/threa...ven-brighter-hair-and-new-fringe#post_2102399

martiangurll

If you go all red, please post pix! I'd love to see I am about a NW15 and I love Spaced Out. It is a great summer blush--it pairs well with warm colors but it doesn't look dirty on my face like other bronzers/dark warm blushes. So I am not sure about MHH for you, but I did not try that one out myself. Sounds like Katred is giving it the thumbs up though...maybe it depends on how much you buff it out???

and I can't wait to see if MHH hits my CCO, cuz I have been wanting that for a while...I missed it when I was in a pink blush collecting phaze and i am trying to branch out

thursdaynxt19

I really like My Highland Honey Blush. I picked it up at my local CCO a few days ago. It's a nice peach color that's unlike the other pink-toned blushes I have. I'm NC20 right now and my cheeks have some natural redness. MHH really brightens up my face and doesn't look too orange. I would highly recommend~