MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
Thank you! I am so getting Beauty lipstick. I wonder what that other lipstick is in the pic? It's beautiful. Can that be Dramatic Encounter?
I just received the GD invite from Macy's. Took pics and posted them at Imgur. (pops to new window)

Anitacska

So funny! Someone's trying to sell a Superb EDSF for £59.99 on eBay UK! Guess they don't know it's coming back...

ALivingDoll

After lilinahs comment on the EDES im only sticking to the ones ive already purchased, a natural flirt and stylish merry. However, ill still be swatching Tall Dark and Handsome in person.

Besides, after finding out theres more collections coming up between Nov and Jan...my wallets in trouble!
sweatdrop.gif

Supercoolstephy

I feel like I'm supposed to like Whisper of Guilt more than Superb but I am really LOVING Superb. I might use it as a blush but then I think it might be cheaper to find something else thats not limited and use it as a blush. Ahh... I think I just need my store to get it so I can try it before I pre-buy at Nordies.

OhSoJaded

i need the 16th to hurry up and come so i can see official swatches. i dont know what to buy
cry.gif
I need to figure out my list as well! I went to Nordstrom last week and they only had the holiday sets in. I'm supposed to drop by this weekend b/c they got the testers in for GD, but I really need to go in with some sort of list...otherwise, I'll end up ordering things I don't need or I'll skip things that would fill a hole in my current collection.

mousygiggles

I feel like I'm supposed to like Whisper of Guilt more than Superb but I am really LOVING Superb. I might use it as a blush but then I think it might be cheaper to find something else thats not limited and use it as a blush. Ahh... I think I just need my store to get it so I can try it before I pre-buy at Nordies.
It is a bit shimmery as a straight blush. The color is gorgeous for it but the shimmer might be too much for day use.

mousygiggles

It depends on the counter/store but by now, they should have all received their testers.
I originally had a large list for the EDES, but I can't stomach paying nearly the same price for a smaller amount of product (even though I've yet to hit pan of any of my EDES. It's the principle of the matter). If these were MES or regular e/s, I would probably just skip them altogether, but I LOVE the EDES formula. What to do, what to do...
I need to figure out my list as well! I went to Nordstrom last week and they only had the holiday sets in. I'm supposed to drop by this weekend b/c they got the testers in for GD, but I really need to go in with some sort of list...otherwise, I'll end up ordering things I don't need or I'll skip things that would fill a hole in my current collection.
I sucked it up because I just LOVE the EDES formula. They are the longest lasting on me of all MAC shadows too!

mousygiggles

Beauty looks like Fun Finds to me, Innocence looks like Freckletone to me, OF looks like Petals and Peacocks, Glamourdaze looks like Mocha and DE looks like YR. Just my thoughts from swatches.

luvlydee

I was thinking about getting the duo fiber brush set but i hate that the hairs are colored. So i just ordered the one that mac released with the julie verhoeven collection for 50 bucks off ebay.

badassSENORiTA

I feel like I have an eyeshadow that's similar to tall, dark & handsome but I want it so much because of the name too lol
that's how I like my men
After lilinahs comment on the EDES im only sticking to the ones ive already purchased, a natural flirt and stylish merry. However, ill still be swatching Tall Dark and Handsome in person.

Besides, after finding out theres more collections coming up between Nov and Jan...my wallets in trouble!
sweatdrop.gif

Milegolas

Beauty looks like Fun Finds to me, Innocence looks like Freckletone to me, OF looks like Petals and Peacocks, Glamourdaze looks like Mocha and DE looks like YR. Just my thoughts from swatches.
I hope you are right, because Petals and Peacocks is gorgeous (plus, I don't have it) !!! I want OF soooo bad
heat.gif

Medgal07

I think my question got ignored a few pages back, but I was wondering how do you go about pre ordering something? I've never done it before and I really want to reserve some things
This is just my experience, and you don't have to pre-order in as personal a manner as this, but I started doing this totally by chance, at a freestanding MAC store and a MAC counter at Nordstrom. Both encounters with SA/MUA were really very pleasant and actually fun. We immediately just clicked. They gave me their business cards and I became 'my' customer to each of them, and I've continued to deal with them individually, as such. It helps to establish a good rapport, and that was very easy to do in person. I've also recently ordered out of state with someone I've never met and that went equally well. If it's a first time order by phone, get the SA's name. Once you've received your order, call back and ask for that person to say thanks, make sure he/she gets your name and number and start to build that rapport. When you hear of a new collection on the horizon, call that person and place your order.

Latest posts