MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Sappheiros

Beauty is much, much lighter than Hue.

I have Everything that Glitters on one nail, but I can't get a good picture of it!

With flash

Without flash

That's one coat OVER the green you see on the other nails, so you can tell the polish is pretty opaque since you can't see any green underneath! The glitter is purple, blue, and gold, but I can't get it to photograph well to save my life.
Even though I don't really like mac nail polishes, this one I like!!

I'm pretty sure my haul on this collection would be even bigger than the Heavenly Creature one.
mac_atemywallet.gif

purplerinne

I just compared swatches of Everything that Glitters to Butter London's Black Knight...they look awfully close and since I have Black Knight i can skip it. hopefully. hahaha

martiangurll

These are all different from the original release. However, some are related to original colors. So i would say it depends on how much you want colors in the same range.

-- Divine Blue (midtone aqua) is unlike any original color.
-- Stylish Merry (midtone dusty violet - but really duotone fuchsia) is unlike any original color.

-- Tall Dark & Handsome (black with pearl) is related to Dark Dare (charcoal black - with silver), but i prefer TDH as the shimmer is more multi-dimensional
-- Evening Grey (steel silver) is related to Warm Thunder (mid-tone silver grey), but a little darker, and possibly not as blue
-- Ready to Party (pale lilac) is cousin to Young Venus (pale white pink), but obviously a little more lilac than pink
-- Round Midnight (dark burgundy) is related to Rich Core (mid tone aubergine) but has a blacker base
-- A Natural Flirt (soft peachy nude) is kin to Sweet Heat (bright peach champagne) but a bit lighter or muter
-- Stolen Moment (dark taupe) is a distant cousin to Modern pewter (mid-tone olive gold), but browner / tauper

Of the originals, those quite unlike any of the new release are:
-- Blue Orbit (light iridescent purple - more periwinkle with purple duotone)
-- Grand Galaxy (mid-tone violet)
-- Lunar (royal blue)
-- Havana (mid tone copper brown)
That was super helpful and going to knock half the EDES off my list. Skip EG as I don't want blue toned greys, skip RM because I have Rich Core, Skip A Natural Flirt as I have Sweet Heat. Even though Stolen Moment is similiar to MP, I will get it as I love taupes and they sound different enough to have both. I am on the fence about TDH, I probably don't need it plus Dark Dare. I don't think I will get Divine Aqua as I don't wear aqua e/s hardly ever, even one with a gorgeous ED finish. Ditto for Stylish Merry. I love fuchsia, don't get me wrong, I love this finish, but I have some other e/s in fuchsia and I just don't wear it often enough to purchase another e/s in that color.

All the blushes are a skip for me.
Ditto on the lippies, they are dupeable.
Fluidlines and eye kohls I have yet to eliminate a single one of them. Le sigh.

Naughtyp

just preordered the travel bag ;) now I just need to preorder innocence. that's going on my macys lol I swear I'm not going to be able to buy any new collections next year ill still be paying for this years hauls lol

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
MAC, the Colour Story? I want to know what's in the coral mini-blush kit!
It should be this one:

Pursue Your Passion Powder Blush
Out to Please Lipstick
Be Nice Lipglass
Graphblack Technakohl Liner
129 SE Brush

Mac-Guy

That was super helpful and going to knock half the EDES off my list. Skip EG as I don't want blue toned greys, skip RM because I have Rich Core, Skip A Natural Flirt as I have Sweet Heat. Even though Stolen Moment is similiar to MP, I will get it as I love taupes and they sound different enough to have both. I am on the fence about TDH, I probably don't need it plus Dark Dare. I don't think I will get Divine Aqua as I don't wear aqua e/s hardly ever, even one with a gorgeous ED finish. Ditto for Stylish Merry. I love fuchsia, don't get me wrong, I love this finish, but I have some other e/s in fuchsia and I just don't wear it often enough to purchase another e/s in that color.

All the blushes are a skip for me.
Ditto on the lippies, they are dupeable.
Fluidlines and eye kohls I have yet to eliminate a single one of them. Le sigh.
Oh really?

katelyn0

Definitely getting "I'm the one" and "easy manner" for my very fair NC 10-15 skin... On the fence about Small vanity though. Does anyone think it would be a good contouring color for very fair skin? Otherwise I'll skip it.

gracie90

I'm so torn about the EDES - if they were the larger size and the same price then I'd be getting nearly all of them, and the same goes for if they were smaller and cheaper.
I can't bring myself to spend so much on such a little pot of product :(
I'll still end up with some, but MAC could have had WAY more of my money!

Latest posts